Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Is RAS established from the combine? There are a lot of players I would have expected to be on there that are not. I assume they are not there because they didn't work out??? I don't know much about this stuff
  3. Yes, As much time as Ballard talks about and appears to invest in character traits - I am sure he knows the real facts surrounding Mitchell.
  4. Oh, to be able to keep #15 Trade #46 and 2025 2nd/ or 2025 3rd for Aiyuk... We got all the pieces to make it work, even Pierce if they want. Good relationship with team. Not likely, but would be nice.
  5. Not sure what went on at Texas but Mitchell was the model player at Georgia. He was very coachable. Kirby Smart runs a very tight ship and uncoachable players would find themselves on the bench or transferring out. As far as his maturity level, he left Georgia to go to Texas to be closer to his infant daughter. That tells me alot about his maturity. The diabetes issue can be treated so that is really a non factor.
  6. Yeah, but with the extent his gambling violations went to, I can see how the front office had to completely lose trust in him. Probably no going back from that. Once the trust is gone, time to move on. They could've kept him on the team and looked to trade him, but I definitely understand losing trust in him and just moving on.
  7. Still. it would be hard to find anyone who would disagree that Hill changes the way defenses are aligned and accounted for on every snap. It would be good to see Taylor not facing a loaded box because of an over the top deep threat on the outside. I am not looking only at the individual player. I am looking at it from the perspective of its positive impact on the entire offense. i think drafting a legitimate burner on the outside would be one the best possible outcomes of this draft for the Colts.
  8. Adoni Mitchell is the one I would want. After watching him torch 3 good Alabama cbs I felt like he would be a good fit with the Colts.
  9. Yep, Ran out of time https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-says-it-wont-conclude-falcons-eagles-tampering-investigations-this-week
  10. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/isaiah-rodgers-reinstated-after-gambling-suspension I guess there goes that. Lol. He got a few more days suspension.
  11. Ok, now I want Storm Duck. Berman would have had a field day with that one
  12. Yeah, I think you can cut down the list even further, but it's a good starting point. Ballard's last few drafts have been with average RAS of 9.5 or something of the sort. (2022 - 9.63, 2023 - 9.48) I'm not sure we can completely eliminate some players because of lack of length but we definitely can emphasize some with great length at certain positions - DL, LB, CB... Ballard has a history of drafting high arm length prospects at thsoe positions.
  13. He had a pretty good career at Texas. I don't think the end of the first is over hyping him at all
  14. I don’t get the hype for worthy. He’s being over hyped because of his speed.
  15. It’s tough for me because there’s like 3 guys. But just for this argument I’ll say Quinyon Mitchell. I just think he could be the best corner this organization has ever seen.
  16. Huh? No... it's 2 separate tables that here show one next to the other so you see the school of the player on the row from table 1 and the name of the player on the same row from table 2. Just open the tween and see the full lists... actually ... here they are:
  17. Today
  18. Do you have some reliable numbers on him? Something other than urban legend, which claims he ran 4.25... He ran a 4.38 at a private workout. No Combine, no pro day. So not in the 4.2 range.
  19. Who feels like paring this down even further? Arm length, height, weight, etc... Theo Johnson is an example of someone who tests well, but his athleticism doesn't show up on tape all that much. I didn't watch a ton of him, but from what I did watch, I didn't see an explosive athlete.
  20. I agree that the intention of the production is to get fans hyped and get people talking, and that obviously works. But that's a high level directive for the production in general, all of the videos they're doing. I assume that Ballard's direct input on each video is pretty limited, though. Broad strokes, sure. Final approval, definitely. They want to make sure it's compliant, and with how controlling, paranoid and risk-averse NFL GMs and coaches are, I would expect that he watches the final edit himself before it goes live. I think some editorial decisions are made with Ballard's input, maybe at his direction, like the decision to focus on members of the staff and let them show their personalities, etc. Cameras would not be allowed in the draft room without his blessing. But beyond that, I would think that the media team does the rest, within whatever parameters the decision makers have agreed to, and then the result is the media team's creation. That's obviously JMO, I don't have anymore insight than anyone else. But I think the credit for the hype and production really goes to the media team.
  21. I’m sure they also took note of Sneed throwing TY hill around like a rag doll in the playoffs.
  22. Here's a good list to follow for the Colts draft in general, not just for the 15th pick... players with the highest RAS in the draft:
  23. While I agree that having Marv Jr would have such an impact, I none the less contend that we could potentially get an equally impactful player without having to give up the boatload. I think Bowers could be just as (if not more) impactful to our team right away than Marv Jr. would. Probably Nabers too. A lot of smoke starting around the Texas DT as a surprise pick for us at 15, as he is a top 10 talent that is projected around 15. I wouldn't hate it so long as the aforementioned are already off the board.
  1. Load more activity