All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I be really surprised if the pick was Williams. He's a press coverage corner that doesn't tackle
  3. Take it and run. Browns are going to be in the teens next year, and that class is supposed to be the best in years. Easy choice
  4. Discriminating? Now that's a stretch. A huuuuge stretch. lol
  5. I wonder if Ballard feels the WR spot is filled with the current roster. Both Cain and Fountain were highly praised draft picks. Along with Funchess, the team could be set.
  6. Not sure what everyone is complaining about? We now have 3 draft picks tonight at 34, 46, and 59. Also have 2 2nd round picks next season and the Skins will be 8-8 at best IMO. The draft is a crapshoot anyway, especially outside of the top 10 picks. I think the people complaining are just mad because they had to stay up late and then we didn't pick . Last I looked, didn't we draft Leonard at 36 last season? He ended up being the best defensive player in the whole draft.
  7. 2. Greg Little Joe Jackson Paris Campbell 3. Gerald Willis 4. Sheldrick Redwine
  8. If Sweat plays, they'll have one of the top DLs out there. They were top 10 last year in sacks, INTs, and forced fumbles. Washington has a good young WR (Doctson) and good TE. They need another WR and someone to take over for AP. Not saying they're going to be great, but I doubt they suck. Their D will keep them in games and if Haskins hits the ground running, they could surprise a lot of teams mid year and late.
  9. Agreed, the 2020 class is supposed to be the most loaded draft in a long time and the Redskins will be starting Haskins right out of the gate, since Alex Smith is out. Any QB will have growing pains in year one, so I could see the pick being top 40 overall easily
  10. 34. Nassir Adderley S , former CB, perfect 46. Khalen Saunders DT This kid was tearing it up in post season drills. I think he could be the real deal. 59. Juan Thornhill S 89 Derrick Baity CB
  11. One of the benefits (for us this year) of having the draft spread out over three days, is that Ballard has all day today to field calls about potential trades and make plans for each contingency.
  12. I’m not sure our coaching staff is filled with tellers and screamers. I think we had one last year. Our OL coach did a nice job but still got fired. So I don’t think that’s why we didn’t draft him. I think he didn’t get medical clearance. I think he was off our board. I font think Ballard had the choice. Called him a good player last night.
  13. Curtis Akins, ILB, Memphis Dakota Allen, ILB, Texas Tech Ben Banogu, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, TCU A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss Brian Burns, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida State (PRO) Jonathan Crawford, S, Indiana Kano Dillon, TE, Oregon Jaylon Ferguson, DE/3-4OLB, Louisiana Tech Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, CB/S, Florida Rashan Gary, DE/3-4DE, Michigan Tim Harris, CB, Virginia Karan Higdon, RB, Michigan Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama Drew Lewis, ILB, Colorado Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State Josh Miller, CB, Ball State Donald Parham, TE, Stetson Justin Phillips, ILB, Oklahoma State Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State Derick Roberson, DE, Sam Houston State Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State Darnell Savage, S, Maryland Jeffery Simmons, DT/3-4DE, Mississippi State Matt Sokol, TE, Michigan State Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M Jerry Tillery, DT/3-4DE/NT, Notre Dame Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State Isaiah Wharton, CB, Rutgers Kevin Wilkins, DT, Rutgers Jordan Wyatt, CB, SMU 26/33 players are still available from the above list. Might give some insight into Ballard's decision to trade down. I remember Ballard saying in a podcast this week that he had visited all of his top 8 prospects on their big board.
  14. If Miami or Denver could be fleeced , I would think AZ would make the deal...no ?
  15. I'm hoping for Taylor CGJ and Butler personally
  16. Why are you discriminating against the assumed minority of people who want to see the draft picks live as they happen without delay? All should be welcome to contribute to the forum, and a single dedicated thread for draft picks as they happen isn't too much to ask. This is 2019 It's time to be inclusive, not exclusive. That being said. I usually do watch twitter to get the results of what i feel is a stressful situation in game while it's being played. For example. 4th and goal, down by 6, 10 seconds on the clock. I'm checking twitter to see the results of said play before i see it on TV.
  17. The accumulation of picks is part of what the advanced analytics on draft picks says is a good strategy. In general teams are not great at picking in the draft. There are high bust rates at every level of the draft so accumulating picks is a value proposition that gives you more bites at the apple... you would have more busts... but you would also have more hits. I'm not aware of the Pats saying something but they act like they know it. Ballard has said the exact same thing - we don't have illusions that we are much better than anyone else at picking players so the more picks you have the more chances you have to hit on players. This is the exact same sentiment expressed by Howie Roseman a while ago too... All of those teams have acted like it and have been accumulating picks when possible. All of those teams are among the front-runners in using analytics to help their decisionmaking. This is not about random mud slinging and hoping you hit something. This is about knowing your limitations and the system's limitations and using the available data to increase your chances in the draft. Analytics is not some nebulous idea ... it's specific set of tools and data that help you put value on certain assets and make good decisions based on it. It's not that complicated...
  18. The thing I like about him is that he is relentless, has a high football IQ and has the versatility to play inside or outside. He has also been productive: In college, he has had a total of 16.5 sacks and 40.5 TFLs!
  19. Adderley is more of a FS or S/CB hybrid. Not seeing it but who knows. I think we'll go with more of a traditional SS.
  20. That comes from last nights Ballard press conference. It’s about 6:00 minutes long. Ballard was asked and said there were indeed several. Not sure why you think Washington’s second round pick is going to be a mid-round pick? I think it’s more likely to be top-40. Who does Washington have at QB? Case Keenum, and the rookie, Haskins. I don’t see that team winning 7-8 games. They might, but don’t think it’s likely. Feels more like a 5-6 win team. That would make our pick likely top-40-ish.
  21. Think we will take a WR in the 2nd round, but definitely not with our pick at 34, hope we can get Butler
  22. I don't know who but I'm guessing we will go DL, OL, DB and RB today in no particular order.
  23. Jawaan Taylor is such an inticing pick, even if he misses a bit of the 2019 calendar. Put him on the right side with Smith at guard and we can physically dominate teams up front. Nobody will want to face a line like that.
  1. Load more activity