Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’ve seen the Jags pick him up in a few mocks.
  3. For me it depends on how the Colts view Thomas in terms of his route running ability. If he can run numerous routes well he can be a great all around WR. If his routes are limited to deep routes similar to what Pierce is best at, then it’s probably a wasted pick.
  4. My best guess is Brian Thomas Jr. is the target. He fits the deep threat and YAC Ballard mentions. Depending on how the draft falls Colts can land land him with a small trade up, stay at 15 or a trade down PFF draft simulator suggest Colts can trade down to 20-22 pick up an additional second rounder and draft Thomas and then land a db and ol in the second.
  5. If we are trading up for Harrison ... IMO you let the Vikings trade up for their QB at 4 and then try for 5... The Chargers with Harbaugh IMO are looking to do a massive rebuild of their offense and Harbaugh has already stated just how much he values the OL, so... there is a chance they can be persuaded by a good offer(probably lesser than that one above, but still).
  6. Today
  7. I don’t see Nabers getting past the Giants at 6.
  8. I think we can expect trades for teams wanting to move up for a quarterback to happen any time now. Especially if they are already in the top 13. Waiting guarantees you nothing except losing out on an opportunity to draft a quarterback you have targeted. If you need to get into the top 5 do it before some other team does. Those trade ups will help the Colts plan as well. I’m expecting at least one trade up before the draft starts.
  9. #15 - Dallas Turner #46 - Edgerrin Cooper #82 - Calen Bullock #117 - Elijah Jones #151 - Luke McCaffrey #191 - Justin Pearl #234 - Frank Gore
  10. this is the way. Becoming invested in predictions or certain players is a sure fire way to being disappointed in the results. I’ll wait until selections and review of players before forming any opinions. Hoping for some players that can contribute this season like we’ve had. Just hope none are relied on much. With the offseason retainment, I’m hopeful rookies this year will be good depth and get good development experience throughout the season. Any contributions towards winning ballgames will be great.
  11. I thought the same of him in free agency this year, and it didn’t happen. I don’t think anything changes. I expect a trade back, and if we select someone at 15, it’s because they fell to us.
  12. Ballard's type of gamble is trading up from 44 to 41 for Jonathan Taylor. For measely 5th rounder. Him giving up a day 2 pick... let alone an additional 1st rounder for a single player just seems all wrong and against his nature. I agree with you that there are certain chances he has to go for and go against math with, but... it just doesn't seem like this is one of those cases. I wonder if Nabers is there at 9 and the price is a 3d... would he do it?
  13. He just said MHJ trade up is fantasy land. Some like Steve Smith and Zierlein are ranking Nabers ahead of MHJ so both of those you can pretty much scratch off the trade up list unless they are some how available around pick 10-13. Very unlikely!
  14. 2006 has that winning 11 games is enough mentality like so many here. Having a SB level right side of our o-line should be priority one. We are far from it. We need a shutdown corner that can go man on the many great 4.3 running WR's. This simply allows the deep safety to defend everything else. Instead of Ballard sticking him in the middle of the field knowing that one of his slow corners will get beat deep. We need a LB for development and depth that can cover better. And yes a 3rd receiver that gets open quick that can also threaten deep. With faster, better players on D, Gus could blitz 5 more times a game to get the pressure we need. I have No Doubt Steichen has taken Ownership, Ballard and his staff to school regarding what we have and what we need. Pray that 4-5 of our current very young players can become really solid by seasons end. Plus 3-4 really nice draft picks and 2025 and beyond we can be reckoned with. We need to be amongst the very Best at running the dang ball and pass blocking. I think if I could move back 5 spots and take Mims at RT and move Smith over that would be great. Then use the necessary draft capital to get LB Cooper and CB from Rutgers Melton. I would expect Ballard to take Leggett over a CB. That would be a good move to. I would feel really good about our prospects.
  15. I couldn't agree more with the bolded statement. Once a player is on the team, the only thing his draft position does for him (aside from the money) is maybe give him a little more time to develop. Mainly because teams are reluctant to admit that their research didn't pan out and they want to see their guy succeed. As far as defense, I feel the number one responsibility of the GM and the coach is to help the franchise QB be the franchise QB, if you get what I mean. And until that's proven, if it means sacrificing a need on defense in order to enhance the QB's arsenal, so be it. But that's just me...
  16. Yeah I didn’t get the impression he felt a huge need to draft a CB. He was asked about mentioning YAC guys and he said every team wants them. The Colts have had meetings with the two top YAC guys in the draft - Brock Bowers and Malachi Corley. I absolutely think we’re taking Bowers if he falls to us and I even think we may jump up a couple of picks to land him. If Bowers gets taken ahead of us I feel pretty certain we’re trading back hoping to land another 3rd rounder. I didn’t catch if they were talking about draft targets or players already on the roster when they talked about on dimensional guys? My initial thought was Pierce. I think it’s a given we’re taking at least one Olineman this draft, but that’s not really anything new.
  17. My guesses based on this presser: - Ballard will NOT draft a CB in the 1st... maybe at all? Everything he's saying seems to suggest he likes the group we have and he wants to see them play and have a chance to develop. I'm almost certain if Mitchell for example is there at 15... we pass on him... either for trade back or for an offensive weapon... or DE? - Ballard WILL trade back. If not in the 1st... then later in the draft... but most probably in the 1st. IMO he pretty much advertised to his potential customers by telling them how many 1st round grades he has. Teams 19-21 are welcome to call and will receive warm greetings from Ballard. Rams, Steelers, Dolphins? - He seemed to be talking about a specific someone one dimensional offensive weapon when he was talking about them just having had a meeting about a certain player... about whether them and the coaching staff see the way he can be used the same way... and if they agree on this, IMO this is a potential target for the Colts. The names that come to mind - Brian Thomas Jr and Xavier Worthy... A lot of the other WRs are more well rounded... - The Colts LOVE the OL class both at the top and in depth. I have seen some OL experts suggest there might be 10 starting centers in this draft... and the OTs class in the 1st is like nothing I've ever seen. Can we draft an OL in the 1st? Doubt it... but absolutely expect a few shots on day 2 and 3.
  18. We have TWO top 10 tackles in Raimann and Smith though? We need depth, sure, but I hope we’re not looking for depth in the 1st round…
  19. True, but where they were drafted has no relevance to how they play now which is what would keep a team from drafting Bowers. I’d like if we got another weapon for AR, but I feel we have a lot of needs - especially on defense. OL is probably the only choice I’d be really disappointed with.
  20. He has to do that very early. While the WR class is deep, it’s not deep for the type of receivers the Colts need. Assuming we don’t trade up for one of the top 3 receivers, it’s really only Thomas, Worthy, Franklin, and Walker who are real field stretchers, and 3/4 of them are really raw and have other concerns. You can wait till the later rounds if you need a slot receiver, but for the field stretchers, you have to get them round 1 or early round 2. For TE it’s Bowers or bust for me. I’m not entertaining drafting any other TEs because we already have 5 on the roster with varying skill sets.
  21. I hope Ballard doesn’t pass on Bowers if he’s there at 15. He’s not just a TE, he’s a do it all weapon this team and Richardson could use. As for WRs, the drop off from 1st round WRs and mid 2nd round WRs is pretty drastic to me, so I’d prefer just going all out and getting an elite one if one were to fall to 9 or 10.
  22. I agree. Generally 1st round picks are 50/50, and from there the probability gets more difficult.
  23. Third and fifth round picks….just for reference. While I’d love to see what Shane would do with Bowers, I feel the TE room as a collective is pretty good. I’m hoping for a breakaway WR like Thomas Jr. That room is pretty thin.
  24. interesting… because I could have swore this was a high school level introduction. 😂
  25. That is a really interesting analogy. Thanks for posting it like that.
  1. Load more activity