Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not directed at you but in general. I don’t understand the talk about getting rid of Ballard. If he was going anywhere it would have been before last season. He picked the new coach and together picked the hopeful franchise QB. No way they will make a regime change unless Irsay wants to completely clean house. New GM would want his coach and maybe even a different QB, we would have to start over. Only chance the whole team isn’t blown up is if they would promote from within and that would probably be worked out before we would ever know it’s happening. Ballard, Steichen and AR are the guys for the next 2-3yrs minimum and they will do whatever they can to win with this group.
  3. I think he saves his job this year and Colts fans are happy with the results of the season. He probably saved it last year but AR’s injury derailed the playoff spot. I think if he played the entire year we wouldn’t be talking about Ballard’s future with the team right now. So far so good this year. And the draft is still in front of us and he’s armed with more cap space so we shall see.
  4. Houston went number 2 last year and traded up to 3 to get their franchise rush end . They didn't trade up to get Stroud a weapon. They traded because they wanted to become a complete team. Houston runs a defence similar to Indy. They know u need to have that front 4 to make Ryans defence successful.
  5. AR proved in his first game that he is going to be very good.
  6. Yes, this QB class can survive because of their athletic ability that translates well to the modern NFL. But, I'm trying to find a QB in the class who can do all the running (which most of them are good at) AND also be able to understand what defenses try to do, and make or change plays within the pocket. By the virtue of Penix having played inside the pocket almost all the plays, he should've developed an innate ability to do just that, so maybe he'll translate well mentally. Though his tape seems to show concerns about his touch and accuracy in short and intermediate levels. You may be proven right if he could develop into a more accurate passer that can throw with anticipation.
  7. Also the reason you go wr is to make sure you have the right qb. If he stinks with an star cast of offensive weapons then you know you need another qb
  8. Very true. Josh Allen is another one. The Bills traded for Diggs to help him out and they took off. Now he’s gone. I expect the Bills to do something big again to help him out. Once you get your quarterback the next step is making sure he has the weapons around him. Right now AR has some real quality weapons. Getting him another one could really set the team up for a nice run.
  9. Yes, if I'm forced to choose, I'd go with Williams, despite him earning some reputation with all the garbage talk from his camp even since the year before the actual draft. I read a scout saying that the PR guys (including his father) Williams has led him to those bad reputation and decisions, when he should've gone under the radar with much more good vibes surrounding him. Anyway, it's on him now to prove by his play in the NFL. I'd also go with Daniels, as Williams seems just out of reach for anyone other than Bears. Concerns with Daniels are about his durability and the ability to dissect NFL defenses, but if he becomes injury prone in the NFL, at least that'd help the team to move on to finding the next franchise QB. My overall gripe with this QB class is that no one stands out as being strong in his ability to go through progressions and reads, as many of their offenses seemed to involve limited reads. So it falls squarely on the individual's intelligence to be able to translate at the highest level, and there's no way any fan like us would get to know without working him out and bringing him in for interviews - which teams are doing with those QBs. So, NFL teams will need to figure out who among this class can consistently pick apart NFL defenses or at least grow into that level. This QB class is different because the tape of them doesn't tell that part of the story due to the offenses they played in.
  10. It is about who will have a greater impact. Cj stroud is surrounded by more talent on offense than Richardson currently. We need to close the gap. Zone corners will be there in the second. If we go wr in the second all the best ones will be gone and we may be stuck with another Alec pierce
  11. The only similarities that Ballard and Veach have is that they were both on KC at the time Mahomes was drafted (Veach is the GM now obviously), and they both build well through the draft. Other than that, they are different in every other way as GMs. You are correct, Ballard is more like Dorsey. Ballard is actually best friends with Dorsey. They had a thing in the draft where Dorsey always prank called Ballard during the draft. Was kinda funny. If AR hits, then we will have gotten there as a playoff team the slow way. However, with Ballard, it will have taken a lot onger than it ever should have. People can blame Lucks retirement, Reich, or whatever, but GMs generally don't start with a franchise QB when they take over a team. IMO, Ballard was a scout who had no idea how to be a GM when he took over, and when Luck retired, it completely exposed him. He finally figured it out 7 years in his tenure. Might be too little, too late.
  12. Funny, I’ve been digging Jaylon Carlies, S, Missouri as a potential LB conversion for us. Currently my 5th rounder on my mock. Just found this yesterday, comping him to EJ Soeed.
  13. Today
  14. Agree. I just hope they change that as it will signal to me a slight change in philosophy when it comes the defensive scheme.
  15. I don't disagree with u about surrounding him talent. My argument that there is far more talent on the offensive side of the ball then the defense when u consider the lines and skill positions.
  16. This QB draft class is a lot better than the 2022 class, that class was bad. Last year's QB class was ok and I think Stroud and Richardson will have the best career's. This one here has a lot more talent than 2022, it is just a matter of who guesses right or wrong. Daniels can run and pass, he is dangerous. Penix can run a pro level type offense, Williams is loaded with talent.
  17. Yea my bad, i finished it and lazily didnt feel like changing it before submitting. 🥴 I will probably make another change or 2 and repost a final version by draft day anyways, so…
  18. One thing I have never done is meet Peyton Manning. I have been to around 50 home games during my Fandom from 1987-2013 regarding going to games. I met Jim Harbaugh and got his autograph when I went to the Chargers game in 1996. He chatted with me for around 2 or 3 minutes. Called me Bud over and over and was so nice and he kept smiling at my mom . I was only 25 then. Just going to the Masters alone had to be a treat but talking to Peyton had to be the cherry on top. Great stuff man.
  19. I just thought I would take this opportunity to brag a bit about the fact that I had the opportunity to chat with Peyton at the Masters last week for about 5 minutes. Truly a bucket list experience and I must say, he has the Southern Hospitality that one might expect but wow- did not expect to run into him and it was quite the experience. It just had to be the one place left on earth where cell phones are banned, so no picture opportunity unfortunately. I told Peyton that my first Colts experience was riding to Buffalo in a blizzard when the Colts were 14-0 and they benched him only to lose that game. I said thanks for my first Colts experience being one where he was riding the pine. He laughed, apologized to me and said that if it was up to him he would have been checking down in that snow storm for 4 quarters. He thanked me for the support, and was asking me a bit about myself, where I am from, etc. Quite the gentleman! I think it was obligatory for him to be nice to patrons while he was wearing his Green Jacket, but none the less....a great experience meeting a childhood hero. Lynn Swann walked up to us while we were talking and shook Peyton's hand. I joked that now was the perfect time for a 10 yard slant- and then slid into the bushes like Homer Simpson with humility. Unforgettable experience everyone! Would love to hear some of your Peyton stories from over the years, since it is a bit of a slow time of year before the draft! Let it fly Colts fans
  20. I agree. I think this is another one of those over-hyped QB classes that will probably never perform to the level of the hype. But -- teams still need a quarterback. And will convince themselves that that must take one of these quarterbacks. That it's the only solution to their problem. If I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Heisman winner Jayden Daniels. I'm concerned that Caleb Williams may have some personality issues to go with his lack of measurables, even though he shows strong ability to improvise. Drake Maye has the measurables, but I have questions regarding the level of opposition playing at UNC. It's not the same as playing the equivalent of the Crimson Tide every single week. JJ McCarthy is "good". And he's been successful. He led his team to a BCS championship. And? I see him in the same mold as AJ McCarron. Supremely successful in college, but not good enough to be The Guy in the pros.
  21. Right. KC was also a perennial playoff team prior to Mahomes taking over. The Colts are a fringe playoff team at best, until we see if AR can lift the roster. And to your point, Veach took over the summer before Mahomes’ rookie year. Hard to compare how KC’s FO approach with Dorsey at GM (for several years) vs. when Veach took over. It seems like Ballard has been more like Dorsey and Veach might just operate differently from both of them. If Ballard wanted to follow the Veach KC model, he sure waited a long time to do it once Luck retired.
  22. DeFo was an aggressive move. But I wouldn’t classify Wentz or Ryan as aggressive moves. Getting Stafford would have been an aggressive move at QB. Wentz was cheaper and PHI was looking to dump him. They didn’t even budge from their initial offer to PHI And Ryan sort of fell in their laps after they dumped Wentz.
  23. I think most important option is missing in the poll : No One. I think it's a fairly average QB class that it's okay to not like anybody enough to draft him. There's no one QB that Wows you with their pocket passing Caliber or pure athletic traits or good combination of both. It's like a tweener class of all those abilities, having lop-sided combination of above said skills. And, this poll, rather than forcing to pick one QB, needed that extra option to express staying away from this QB class.
  1. Load more activity