Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'd imagine he's going bald. Most men his age usually are when they start sporting the caps 24/7.
  3. Did I say something dumb? Maybe give reasons why one should trust and agree with Ballard's team building philosophy going into his 8th season. He's been pretty average to, dare I say it, below average so far into his tenure.
  4. I think there is a pretty good chance that (5) QBs go before #15. (4) is 100%, imo. Would be crazy if (6) went in top 13. There is quite a few teams on the prowl though, so you never know.
  5. Yesterday
  6. I've been saying, I won't be shocked if WR (outside of the elite of the elite) starts to become like RB. Teams draft them and let them walk after the first contract. These guys are so good coming out of college these days. It seems every year you can draft a guy in the 3rd round that will have 1000 yards a year.
  7. his reaction to 5, but specifically 6 qbs going through 15 tells me they have 8 or 9 guys they consider premium players. go back to 2018 draft and he identified premium players as game changing, teams game planning against through the week players. And identified 8 non qb players that year, obviously Q being one of them. I think about those comments a lot, especially when he traded away for Buck. I say there is 8- possibly 9 premium non qb players on the colts board. If one is there at 15, that’s who they take. If not, you can bet it’s a trade back.
  8. good interview with Rich Eisen today. Talks about fantasy world of getting Harrison.
  9. Do u ever get there is any sense of urgency with Ballard when he speaks bout the team? I hear a lot of I think they should. He just comes across like a guy who feels that he is safe as long as Irsay is the owner. Smooth talker, I guess, and I tire of the soft ball questions from the media. Your team was like at the bottom of the league and that was against horrendous qb play. Your 2nd round pick corner couldn't stay healthy. Your other corners are late round picks and one coming back from serious injury. I know it's a presser and he can't give it away but man, you would think his defense is just peachy. I honestly think this D needs so much work both schematically and on the talent side. I do think listening to him, he will trade back. I think that the guys that he really covets will be gone or way too expensive. The top 3 wrs will be gone as will be Bowers. Mitchell is probably not his guy the Dends will go fast. There might be a guy at say 12 but I think he won't pill the trigger and say give up a 2nd or 3r rounder.
  10. I see most of this forum is fine with Ballard doing what Ballard's always done. So I'll just remind everybody that he is 54-60-1 and he doesn't have the QB excuse anymore. If he thinks that playing conservative with trading back for more picks and the cap are always the way to go, then I just hope the fan base, and Irsay especially, make no excuses for how those picks work out (and how the top prospects that he didn't make moves for worked out). It's going to be incredibly easy to compare how his strategy works vs what the Texans and Jags have done in FA this year, and it'll be very easy to follow how MHJ,Nabers,Odunze and Bowers perform.
  11. MJH does not have elite speed. He didn't even run a 40. Nabors has elite speed but not size. Jones would have been a combination of both of them if u picked out their elite traits. Jones was like Calvin Johnson. Just absolute freaks of nature that shouldn't be able to do what they do at that size.
  12. I think u r missing my point. Pick a player that fits and excels in your scheme. Guys like Nabers and MJH are freaks and r not scheme dependant. Think of the Rams. Kupp is good, but they dipped into the draft and amazingly draft another stud because he fits their scheme and does not have elite triats. It is similar to the way they draft corners. They r typical zone corners. U can let one-way if they want to much as u can go back into the draft and hopefully get another in the 2nd. That is my point.
  13. Thanks for trying to get it back on topic. People just can't resist trying to turn every other thread into a Ballard grievance thread. Edit(moved a few over to grievance thread) I thought the same thing on Georgia Defensive players Lassiter and Bullard would be the (2) I would suspect we're most likely, if any. I agree though, don't fit Ballard's profile too well. Probably just used them as a good example, as they do have a great defensive coach and have put a lot of players in the league.
  14. Lmao. Yeah. I know you think you are this great evaluation guy. Look at the numbers.
  15. Having Ballard as your GM is liking living through the cycke of abuse lol He can't really move up because we have to many holes to fill because of his lack luster drafting. So, he prefers to move back to accumulate more pics, hoping he has more of a chance of those pics turning out. Quality over quality. Now that philosophy really isn't worked. So here we are again having holes to fill and unable to move up because we have to move back to correct his erros, which will go on and on lol.
  16. Ballard praised Georgia defensive players and their knowledge of the game. Georgia defensive players in this year's draft, per Scouts Inc (ESPN): Kamari Lassiter, CB, #45 (doesn't fit Ballard's profile for DBs) Javon Bullard, S, #49 (doesn't fit Ballard's profile for safeties) Tykee Smith, S, #97 (not a great fit for Ballard's profile for safeties) Zion Logue, DT, #222 (long, big, not a standout athlete) Jontrey Hunter, LB, #316 (not a great fit from a size standpoint, didn't run)
  17. When did he consult you about who they think is elite?
  18. I have heard one GM who says he thinks LTs and defensive players may go earlier than expected. Interesting ro see who wil Bowers won't be there at 15. He is special if u watch the tape.
  19. If we stay at 15 and pick a player I would expect that player to be one of 19 he graded as a 1st rd talent. The only WR’s I have seen in the top 20 of the entire draft are Harrison, Nabors and Odunze. He can sit and hope if he wants but when he’s that close to possibly getting elite seems like it would be smart to move up and get one of them. And who cares if we have to pay him a big second contract. You should be happy you hit on a pick. You really prefer a role player instead of elite? Because of money. Omg that’s an unbelievable take. I can’t believe it. Wow!
  20. It’s hard to get a read from Ballard's presser. It almost seemed liked he co-signed his young DB room and said they’re just going to roll the dice with what they have but maybe add some competition. I get that he feels they can take a leap, but I’m not sure I can be convinced that Flowers or Jones will ever be better than Quinyon Mitchell or Cooper DeJean. Of all of Ballard’s philosophies regarding team building (specifically related to the draft) the one I have the most issue with is the over confidence and eagerness to bank on low round players and UDFA’s as long term solutions. You have a projected starting secondary consisting a 7th round pick from Yale who did not play well last season, a 7th round corner who well outplayed his draft position, but has clear limitations athletically, a 3rd round safety who is gifted athletically, but we still don’t know if he’s better as FS or SS, and a 2nd round pick who showed great flashes when healthy but is still a question mark. I get rolling the dice with JuJu, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t look for upgrades for Thomas and Jones/Flowers. I know he said he’d like to add competition there, but drafting a guy 4th round likely isn’t going to give your CB group a boost. I know he said they’re technically not young in his eyes, but they are young. If you’re going to add another “young” corner, add one with high end traits and skills. I’m not dead set on Mitchell or DeJean in round 1 or bust because I also like a couple day 2 corners. I’m just saying I’d much rather take a shot with one of them than just run it back with the same group. Where we really need talent at for sure though is Edge.
  21. This place will implode no matter what.
  22. On DB: Q: "Are you worried you're too young?" A: "No, not anymore, they've grown up."
  23. Ballard on character: "Who they are is important. ... We're dealing with young men here, who are not fully developed into men yet. We're talking about 20, 21, 22 year old young men that make mistakes... and I can live with some of those mistakes. ... But to me... when they fail is when they don't love the game. ... You've been around players who are not fully mature off the field, but on the field, they love football, so they're gonna do everything in their power to get better. ... And it's the hardest part to figure out. ... How are they gonna handle their time, cause they've got more of it, and how are they gonna handle their money. ... The hardest thing is getting the character right. ... There's a lot of times we'll pass on guys in the draft and I know people freak out... well there's usually something we found out or didn't like and we ended up passing. It wasn't a good fit for us, it might be a good fit for somebody else and they might make it work, but for us it wasn't." Football character.
  24. The one thing that scares me about elite wrs is that 4 years later u r paying them 30 mill plus. U have to consider that if u going to trade up for one of the elite guys. I would prefer a role wr who can be replaced if and when his 2nd contract comes around. Say get a guy like Worthy and u r scheming him to get open. That's where a guy like Bowers is in some ways a better pick if u want to move up. Not nearly as expensive long term based on te salaries and he is a true weapon.
  1. Load more activity