Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. QB's that think fast and throw very accurately are the base for a SB contender. The best help for the QB is a strong run game and having time to throw. With Taylor missing the first for games, no Elite WR, and Smith missing I believe 6 games, and a rag muffin QB, we were 10th in scoring. And near the bottom on D. Knock on Woods, year two of Steichen and our scoring should improve. Pittman is now in his prime, Downs is so smart and quick he is nearly unguardable. We have 4 TE's that run and catch well. Having a 4th WR that is fast, runs good routes, with very good hands will be a big help. And we can find that as late as round 3. My first pick would be RT Latham. Fries is consistently dominated by power and gets pushed back too easily, so adding a better RG is high on my preference. Maybe that is Smith, or Latham for a year.
  3. 28th in scoring defense. I also added more to my post that you didn't see. Check that out as well. We'll add more to the offense in the draft, but the defense is the obvious weak point. AR may make the team better. We'll see on that. The defense is terrible though.
  4. There's a lot of wrong with this and a lot to say, but let's stop at the fact the Chiefs were 2nd in points allowed (294 PA). The Colts were 28th in points allowed (415).
  5. If we put the 5th year option in place with Paye then he is signed through 2025. If we don’t then he is a FA. His option price is $14m. Pretty cheap for an ER who has improved each year. My guess is they think our new DL coach could hopefully get him to make an even bigger jump. So I’m thinking they will pick up his option.
  6. Ranked 28th? By what metrics, genuinely curious because that seems incredibly low. They were top 10-15 in most statistical categories... We have two young but promising corners, loading up on defense when you don't even know what you have in a quarterback just doesn't make sense to me. You do everything in your power to make that quarterback successful because that in itself gives you the BEST chance for success. You go as your quarterback does. Not you go as your corner does, or your safety or your edge rusher. I'm not saying defense isn't important but it's less important than putting pieces around AR and giving him the biggest chance to be successful. Look at the Jets...could've easily been the leagues top defense with the amount of play makers they have on their roster...Team didn't go anywhere because they couldn't score.
  7. The reason I dont like going with a Defensive end this year is I dont see a big upgrade over what we have.
  8. The Chiefs defense was absolutely elite last year and made up for a mediocre Mahomes (by his standards). Also, there are rankings to determine if defenses are good, bad, mediocre, and all that. You don't just get to say the large majority of defenses can be considered mediocre, stats and rankings prove otherwise. We don't go by the eye test anymore. The Colts had the 28th best defense last year. Those are the players we re-signed. I understand there were injuries and Stewart was out for 6 games (which hurt the run defense), but the secondary was terrible, and we should have traded for Sneed. You do need an elite defense in the playoffs. The Chiefs beat the Bills, Dolphins, and Ravens in the playoffs with their defense last year to get to the SB. The Colts won their only SB with Peyton Manning because of their defense. The Broncos had Peyton Manning in the SB Vs the Seahawks when he scored 55 TDs that year, and they got destroyed by the Seahawks defense in the SB. Defenses win Championships.
  9. https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/tony-dungy-diversity-coaching-fellow-2024-indianapolis-colts-JV_IC1145013_KO0,41_KE42,60.htm?jl=1009097291976 All I could find is the job link.
  10. I have no idea what offensive/defensive Tony Dungy Fellow is, maybe someone can explain?
  11. The large majority of defenses in the NFL can be considered “mediocre”. The Colts defense did plenty to keep the games winnable and that’s all you can ask of a defense in today’s NFL. Let me ask you, was it the Browns top defense that won the Super Bowl? Was it the Ravens? Was it the 49ers? You don’t need an elite defense. You need an elite offense that scores consistently and in clutch moments. Colts resigning all of their own defensive players back is really all you need to know about how this organization views their own defense.
  12. That is a good point but they have been saying that about our OL for some time and that has resulted in it being a top 5 OL. Not on the same scale but we now have two highly paid DT in their 30’s. If we acquired Hunter we most likely would have had a highly paid DL position group as well. I am not in the camp of worrying about how much we pay a player or position group. That’s for the front office to manage. They have a roster to build to try and a win a championship. That’s a lot of players and talent to deal with. I am in the camp of bringing in the best players we can to get the job done. As long as they manage the cap effectively, which they do, then I don’t care where they spend it. Just bring in the talent and go for that championship.
  13. It's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and come to very different conclusions. Last year, the Colts defense was mediocre at best.
  14. Today
  15. Deficiencies on D? Give me a break. This defense is more than good enough in an offensive league to win games. Defense was not the Colts problem last year. The issue seems to be that you think the NFL still cares about defense and low scoring games. Offense need playmakers and the defense just needs to hang on. Getting a stud offensive play maker would easily move this teams needle far more than adding a stud defensive player. The most important position on this team is quarterback, agree? What do you do to help the most important position out? Surround him with talent at play making positions. Anyone who doesn’t look at the transformation of Jalen Hurts getting AJ Brown or Josh Allen getting Diggs or Burrow having Chase as a good comparison for AR needs to remember what’s important in todays NFL, scoring points.
  16. The punter just got a multi year extension. I don’t think they are going to be looking for a punter next off-season.
  17. Her, Haliburton, Richardson. The future of Indianapolis sports is strong.
  18. I actually think the 1st round is the only round where EDGE wouldn't be a reach. I see the class as much weaker throughout the draft as it goes on. Kneeland would be a great get in the 2nd if he fell, but that'd be a huge risk if we wanted an EDGE. We'll see where Ballard has his big board ranked. I think Quinyon Mitchell would be the dream pick, but the draft is deep at CB as well. Just remember, Paye and Dayo are FAs at the end of the season, so we could definitely take a successor to one of them.
  19. I thought this was interesting, but didn't know where to put it - the Colts trade up for Nabers.
  20. I think MAC's value is that he can block. Ballard mentioned something about how hard it is to find TEs that can block. So perhaps he doesn't feel they really have anybody else that they trust at this point.
  21. Think it depends on what they do with guys like Dayo, Kelly, Blackmon, Granson, backup QB, P, etc. Spotrac is projecting another jump to $276M. So if that holds, they should have $53M in cap space right now. That could go pretty fast. Am curious to see what they do with Paye and his 5th year option. My guess would be that if next year goes well, we will see one really big move ala 2020. Seemed like that was the initial approach this offseason.
  22. I like both Jackson and Hart a decent amount. They are interchangeable for me. I think Hart is more of a Ballard fit with the measurables, so I took him for the sake of this mock draft. We don't have a huge need at RB, but the difference between Estime in the 4th, and the other RBs later is big enough IMO where I'm willing to take an RB in the 4th round here. It's worth it to make the RB position elite with AR as the QB. Plus, I don't like when Taylor goes down and we nothing else at RB. I want to nip that in the bud. I agree on Mustapha, he just stands out at that point in the 5th to me. Even if he's a backup to Blackmon, Blackmon is a bit injury prone, and he's under a 1-year contract. One of those situations where BPA and depth could be the right move.
  23. Love Latu and Pearsall! I'd have taken Khyree Jackson over Hart in the 3rd, but Hart is my #2 option outside the first round guys. I think you're right about Estime, but I don't think our need at RB is big enough to go RB in the 4th round - we have Hull coming back and retained some guys from last season. Mustapha is more of a SS and I'm not sure that's what we're looking for with Blackmon coming back. There are a few guy sprinkled about day 3 that I think could fit what we want. Jaden Hicks, Trey Taylor and Mark Perry and probably a few others as well, this was just OTOH. I'm pretty sure we go IOL at some point in the draft and going by RAS Dylan McMahon could be an option there. I've read Jordan Magee could be a sleeper this draft, haven't watched him yet though.
  1. Load more activity