Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Agreed. Chloe is missed and I hope she returns for the draft. We all love the Colts and football and there is room under the sun for variety of opinions without people being rude to eachother. I know people are passionate about their opinions and things can get heated once in a while, but it's good to remember at the end of the day we are all fans of the same game/team and we want the best for that team.
  3. He projects best as a Cover-3 CB which is what the Colts play. His RAS score was tops for the CB’s. The kid is an absolute baller no matter where you play him on defense or ST’s.
  4. Yah... well... you probably caught it on one of its last days on my profile. I usually put "my guy" in the draft as a profile pick during draft season and then change it to my favorite Colts pick after the draft. I guess the hope is still alive that I keep it for a while?
  5. It's been... a while. Maybe December? Or January? Not sure... but it's been months
  6. Great win tonight. I thought Haliburton played better and Turner and Pascal looked great. Series is on now at 1-1, + we have HCA as well. NBA.com has us a 55% chance of winning the series.
  7. @stitches I just noticed your profile pic. It's a good one. When did that happen?
  8. To be clear, I have no issue with anyone trying to read into what Ballard says. None. My comment is ONLY regarding the Behind the Pick video series. Thats all, only that. Otherwise, I join with everyone here trying to figure what Ballard is saying and is there anything to read between the lines every time CB speaks.
  9. even with another injury, you think they are going to scrap AR and spend next years 1st on a new qb? I don’t… Ballard could be fired, but Steichen wouldn’t be, and a new gm isn’t going to rush it when they have a talented qb on roster. I think he’s going to get 3 years minimum, good chance of his entire rookie deal to show he is the future. Hope he holds up.
  10. its not a very strong safety class, so I don’t doubt that he’s viewed as the top safety prospect, but there have been plenty of talk that several teams view him more as a corner. And he fits the corner mold here. His tackling is far better than what we had last year at the position. If anything he’s rated high as a versatile defender that can be moved around depending on circumstances (injuries, personnel, etc). I just don’t think they are going to view him as a safety, when he fits the defense as a corner. The biggest reason teams are calling him a safety is because of his man coverage struggles. They think he would fit better at safety in certain defenses. That doesn’t apply in Indy. He can play multiple spots here. And Chris Ballard loves versatility.
  11. Cubs defeat Astros 7-2. Now only .5 out of 1st place. NL Central Standings as of April 23rd: 1. Brewers 14-8 2. Cubs 14-9 3. Reds 13-10 4. Pirates 13-11 5. Cards 10-14
  12. I guess media could be saying stuff that I don't hear, I should acknowledge that. I just don't think anyone sourced or serious is saying it. It doesn't seem like those opinions are based on anything reputable. I was personally concerned that the way things went with Reich and Saturday could undermine the coaching search. It doesn't seem like that happened. The Colts interviewed a ton of good candidates, and wound up getting one of the more sought after guys. They got a highly sought after GM in 2017. There was the McDaniels treachery, but I think he was just a slimeball. The Colts are not a big free agent destination, I don't think that has anything to do with Irsay. I think free agents sign with the team that offers the most money, almost all the time. We've seen the Colts attract QBs like Rivers, Ryan, etc. Even Baker Mayfield listed the Colts as a desired landing spot in 2022. Maybe there's a player here or there who's turned off by Irsay, but I don't think anything like that has ever been reported. Like you said, the players only say good things. Anyone who goes on the record says good things. Former players call on him to introduce them to the HOF. I just wanted to throw out there that despite the whispers and stuff, it doesn't seem like there's any substance to the idea that the Colts operation is negatively affected by Irsay.
  13. I said it earlier but If you take Bowers, you re-work your TE room. Someone has to go. For me it would be Granson since he was drafted to be the mismatch TE, that’s what Bowers would be. Keep MAC for the blocking. I’d also put Ogletree or Mallory on the PS. Also wouldn’t mind drafting Tip Reiman late in round 5-6 to be the blocking TE with Bowers. He’s athletic enough to play STs too. So again, if it’s Bowers, someone has to go. 5 TEs is too much anyways.
  14. Today
  15. Washington had a break-out year for sure and was his best decision of his collegiate career to transfer and obviously paid dividends. Washington said it before but looks like Josh Downs 2.0 and project to be drafted very similar in Round 3. Between wide receivers and defensive backs, we could use another strong Downs clone in the slot. With Downs that is the only biggest knock about drafting TE Bowers as he commands a lot of passes in the slot and would take away an already important role the Downs already excels in doing.
  16. I thought Odunze may drop to the Giants. My friend who is a Giants season-ticket holder said he believes the Giants are drafting WR in the first round. I think it may be Odunze if not one of the other two (Nabers and Harrison).
  17. Based on immediate needs and BPA totally agree. Top CB Quinyon followed by TE Bowers. I know our TE room is crowded but MAC really feel this is his last year with the Club. Any given game we've seen a breakout game from one of the other tight ends we have. Bowers would be an immediate upgrade a long-term fixture. Since we haven't addressed the lack of DB depth this offseason, Quinyon is also a high priority need for our Club and should be versatile enough if we do change DC next season to match next defensive scheme.
  18. I merged this since there's an ongoing discussion.
  19. DJ’s mock had him as the first defensive player off the board. Murphy at 9 would do wonder for us. Maybe Odunze falls.
  20. Too much hype... hm... I'm not sure about too much hype but I think a lot of people are glossing over the pressure-to-sack thing about Jayden Daniels. He's Will Levis levels bad at it. I think Dallas Turner is overrated if we are talking about him going top 10(no. 8 to Atlanta)... No idea what the situation with Latu's medicals is... but I can't believe he's not a consensus top EDGE in this draft. He's so damn good technically... My personal sleeper I think is Malik Washington, WR, Virginia. I think he's massively underrated. IMO he has day 2 talent and you rarely if ever hear about him. Who else... I haven't really gone too deep into this draft to have deep sleepers. I like someone like Jalyx Hunt at EDGE... I like Pearsall at WR, but people are projecting him at R2 so... not too underrated.
  21. Out of the list? Quinyon but Bowers is a close 2nd. Too much hype: -Chop Robinson: All I see is an athlete -Marvin Harrison Jr: There’s nothing he does that Nabers or Odunze can’t do. He’s good but people make it seem like he’s in his own tier. Nabers is my WR1 -Dallas Turner: Although I listed him early as a potential Colts pick, that’s just what I think Ballard would like. Personally I don’t think he’s Will Anderson. To me he’s closer to Nolan Smitj Im going to put my sleepers in a separate post lol. I have a “few”
  22. A trade with Tennessee is out of the question. No need to be too aggressive swapping with the Giants. Clearly want to draft ahead of the Bears (P9) and the Jets (P10).
  23. With the NFL postponing Atlanta's potential draft picks deferred to next year this might very well be a blessing for the Colts tbh and offer them something in return for trading up with them knowing full well they are looking to forfeit pick(s). If not, the Colts look for another team to make the offer with Atlanta to move up. That's my projection. A Colts trade up should keep us in consideration for a top CB or even TE Bowers imo.
  24. Because both Byron Murphy and numerous OL that could be there for us at 15 have the talent to be that "great player you don't miss on even if you don't have the need" in this specific draft. This doesn't mean it's not a core value... we are just talking about this specific draft so we are looking for players who might fit that description and surprise us... I get it that you don't like when people here try to read stuff into what Ballard is saying, but again... just let people have fun with it. It's not that serious. That's part of the appeal of discussions like this - trying to read the mind of the decisionmakers of your team before the draft, guessing what they might do... what they would never do. You know what... we've been getting pretty good at it actually. Last year for example, in Dr.T's contest... there were numerous people who did extremely well... talking about guessing 4-5 picks right. Do you know how hard that is? Out of 1000+ players in the draft to guess about 40-50% of your team's picks? And this is without any inside information... just following your team and knowing their tendencies and yes... sometimes reading stuff into what they say and applying apparent core principles they have to the specific draft.
  25. @Restinpeacesweetchloe What are you hearing about the draft that we may be intrigued by?
  26. Are there players that you feel are getting too much hype? Who are your sleepers? @Defjamz26@w87r . @stitches @John Hammonds Anyone else...
  1. Load more activity