Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Was that the only good receiver taken in that draft? And did they give up multiple picks?
  3. Yeah, I have no beef with MHJ as a prospect (I think some are pumping him up a little too much, and there's some name recognition probably influencing the way he's talked about). It would be awesome to have him on the Colts. But just like every other draft prospect in history, the possibility exists that he will not live up to the pre-draft expectations. But during the pre-draft process, fans and media start falling in love with players. Terms like "generational talent," "future superstar," etc., start getting thrown around. And now we're talking about a prospect as if he's a lock for the HOF before he's even played a game in the NFL. That's fine, it's fun, we all do it. But that's different from actually scouting, setting a board, and making decisions for the team. Each of us can point to a previous prospect that we loved and raved about and had them fitted for a gold jacket, but who bounced out of the league within 3-4 years. And the same is probably true for NFL scouts and decision makers. Which is why Ballard's comment today -- there is no such thing as a perfect prospect -- is so important to remember. I'm not against the team identifying a guy they really want and going up to get him, but I hope they're not just doing it with stars in their eyes.
  4. Would Cincy have made the SB without taking Chase at #5. I got the answer, and it is easy, it is a FAT NO. They would have never got by KC as great as Burrow is. Giving up next years 1st round pick isn't the end of the world to land a generational WR. We still have picks in rounds 2-7 if we did that.
  5. Definitely was, but essentially all of them received the same punishment initially. Just thought it was curious, especially right before the draft. Has to put the CB spot for the Eagles in limbo. Been wondering if Jontay Porter's NBA lifetime ban had any play in the decision. Rodgers did bet on his own team.
  6. sure hope he does we need a game changing pass catcher
  7. Trading away next year's 1st isn't trading the future away. #2, the Colts will give AR at least 2 years to prove himself, even if he stinks next year he isn't going anywhere under a rookie contract. Anyone that can't see trading up for a guy like Marvin just blows my mind in this day and age of how valuable the WR is. Nice correction to my post
  8. His violation was more severe than the players that were re-instated . Maybe he gets an extra 8 games or so ?
  9. LB is like wr and for me and I look at affding to that after the 3rd.
  10. Same thing I said about the LB's, defense was on the field too much because every 3rd and 4-6 yards was a given with play action, no coverage in the middle of the field. Colts defense was gassed in over half of their games in the 4th quarter, even with an 8 man rotation DL.
  11. People I keep going back to Ballard's history and I think the 1st pick is Dline. He traded up for Buckner and a 1st rounder in Paye who's 5th year most likely won't be picked up. I just see a gaping hole at RDE and Ballard preaches the trenches. For this D to work, it's needs a great pass rush. U rush with 4 and will be rotsting a lot. U make the secondary better by improving the rush.
  12. Don't think you want to trade your future away until we are certain that AR is the QB we think he is. If CB would trade our 1st round next year and more and AR is not the guy CB will be looking for a job real soon.
  13. A big part of that is cap management, too, methinks.
  14. ballard seems to like more lower picks instead of high quality picks
  15. I think DE is a huge need. Don't look at the sack stats. As the game wore on into thr 4th quarter, the rush disappeared. That's why we saw a lof of blown games. Couldn't rush the passer on the 4th and the qbs picked apart the zone coverages.
  16. What MHJ does or doesn't do isn't really relevant to my point.
  17. When Marvin has 90-100 catches next season and over 1000 yards as a rookie + turns Murray's career around, I want you to remember this post assuming the Cards do take Marvin.
  18. Today
  19. It depends on how good AR will be, if he is good we can win 11 with the help of another great player, we won 9 with Minshew, should have been 10.
  20. Gotta have a trade partner.Big ? Is would Arizona trade back that far knowing they’re gonna miss out on one of those top 3 Wr’s.I would also call New England and Los Angeles too.I don’t see MHJ getting past the 4th pick unless a Minnesota or Denver trades up for one of those top QB’s.I also don’t see the Giants if they stay put at 6 not taking Nabors I think that’s who they got they’re eyes on with that pick.
  21. I think this probably isn't an objective viewpoint. I think you want fireworks, and you're an eternal optimist. Nothing wrong with that, but I think a more practical viewpoint is to acknowledge that taking huge chances isn't exactly a recipe for success. (You're going to point to examples that worked out; I'm going to counter with twice as many that failed.) The bolded especially. First, it seems like you chose 11 games because you feel like that's the target to keep up with the Texans. Second, I don't think the Colts are one player away from keeping up with the top tier of the AFC. I think a lot has to go right for the Colts to be in the mix with the Chiefs, etc. I said at the beginning of the offseason, I think we're still one draft class away from being in those discussions. But if you can talk yourself into one guy being the answer, just one playmaker holds the key for the Colts to be in contention, then yeah, identify your favorite prospect and bang the table for the Colts to do whatever they have to to get that player. That would be awesome for us. But I think the reason Ballard doesn't do that is because it's flawed team building (historically speaking), not because he's afraid.. You can promise steak dinners based on your hunches, but that's not exactly how I want the GM to make decisions.
  22. Even in 2021 draft Chase was selected 5th by the Bengals, best move they have ever made. That gave Burrow gigantic help. They did the right thing and got Burrow what he needed.
  23. The main thing I got out of this presser is that Ballard is either going through a mid life crisis, getting hair plugs , or both. He's growing his hair long in the back and always wears a hat at pressers and public appearances .
  24. Actually the 2020 Draft the one I was talking about had Herbert go at 6 and Tua went at 5, Burrow was #1. You just posted the 2021 Draft.
  1. Load more activity