Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No takers for AFC North teams, to go against Bengals' @RollerColt ? NFC North division was the only division which got all of its teams taken in initial few days and by the end of the first list, and looks like AFC North will be the last.
  3. 6 Teams still available right now: NFC: 49ers Cowboys AFC: Dolphins Colts (Lucky Draw) Browns Ravens Steelers
  4. It was one of the first things he tried to make a point of when he took the job. I believe it was also reiterated yet again during the Brissett/Rivers/Wentz period. https://www.colts.com/news/chris-ballard-jacked-to-build-team-of-problem-solvers-with-colts-18519350 Now, a pair of presidencies later, it seems to be an awful lot about one guy, and we still need “problem solvers” at multiple positions.
  5. Plus... if the rookie is top tier talent (of the type you would regret not giving more snaps in year 1), he would very likely find himself a way into those snaps anyways. And this is especially true when our rotation at DE, for example, is nothing to write home about.
  6. No they don’t. They will have their board in place when the draft starts. They have no way of knowing what will take place in front of them before they pick. They can guess on different scenarios but it’s just a guess. The can not possibly know all of the scenarios. Guessing doesn’t equal reality. I’m sure they are doing a lot of what ifs. That’s what I would expect. But that’s a far cry from definitely knowing what they will do with the pick.
  7. If that holder article is true, then I have to cut Ballard some slack. Still upset we stayed in the sneed discussions for so long, but I’ll cut him some slack. and honestly not surprised. Houston is a better destination. They have a great young qb. They’re on the up and up. I feel if AR goes out and proves he’s just as good if not better, we’ll see some free agents wanting to play here. I don’t think the colts being in indiana is the main issue. It’s the same reason why a player like McKinney chose to play in Green Bay. He said himself he chose Green Bay over any of his offers because of Jordan love. Houston has stroud who just played like a top 10 qb. We have AR who even us fans hope he can play a full year. So as a player, if I want to compete, id go to a team with a proven qb.
  8. You are correct. Three years at Okla St Woods was their blocking TE. Transferred to Virginia where he became their receiving TE. Bowers certainly couldn’t hurt. A good TE is always a QB’s best friend. The question becomes will Brockers last until 15?
  9. Its probably the line. I see the corners we could get as day one starters though and the DEs we could get are at risk of never being better than Paye and company. We should be looking at WRs too. Im not sure how far down the list they will want to go if 3-4 have been picked already.
  10. The bolded is an important qualifying factor. And of course, QB is a completely different discussion... If you've genuinely evaluated the prospects, and you have two guys available that are pretty much equal on your board, and you default to the player who you expect can contribute the soonest, that's reasonable. I still think there's a potential adjustment for positional value, but that can vary depending on the prospects in question. To me, getting the fullest value from the rookie contract is well down the list of considerations. There are too many factors that cannot be predicted -- performance, injury, etc.
  11. Im with you on the DE. I would have trouble not taking Latu if he is there at 15
  12. For most of his college career, IIRC, Woods was a blocking TE. He became more of a pass catcher after he transferred to play his senior year, also IIRC. I would wager that Woods could block as well as Mo, who isn't as great a blocker as billed, IMO. Woods taking over for Mo, and adding Bowers as a truly elite Move TE, would give the Colts one of the best TE rooms in the NFL. A very dangerous two TE set, and two good options for AR, whereas now its a mediocre bunch missing that star threat player. Would save some cap too with a Mo release.
  13. Why would risk prevent you from drafting a good prospect? The draft is a risk in general. Stitches posted something yesterday, showing that DEs drafted outside of the first round are less likely to be starters than WRs drafted outside the first round. So it seems to me that if you're concerned about the risk of not getting a starter level DE, you'd want to use a first rounder on that position. Let me ask this, because I think there's a healthy disagreement among a lot of people on this topic. For our defense to work as designed, what's more important, pass rush, or coverage? They obviously rely heavily on each other, but in your opinion, which one is more valuable?
  14. Yes! Reds opening day parade and festivities were fantastic as always. Looking forward to the game this evening!
  15. For what it’s worth, you can take me off the drawing for the Colts. I’m good with my Bengals and the Chargers.
  16. The risk is that they are never much better than Kwitty Paye or the rest of the roster. We all want a good pass rusher but we could get a day one starter thats less risky somewhere else. I know positional value is a thing and to me CB and WR should be high on the list. I can see putting DE over them but taking a risk on potential vs drafting a starter should be considered too.
  17. Yep. Ideally you draft a player that high for the next 10+ year and not for their rookie year. BUT lately I've been thinking about something else - part of the appeal of the rookie contract is the limited money you are giving the player compared to the production they are giving you. It's not super high on my list of things to consider but losing on the value of one year of those 4-5 rookie deal years is not negligible. In most cases it probably won't influence my decision, but if 2 players have similar value in my estimation, I would probably choose the one for whom I project faster/easier path to contributing for my team.
  18. yeah this concept of not being the year to draft an edge rusher is strange. We shouldn’t be drafting for need at #15. We should be drafting for the best player that we can put on this roster, positional value factored in. I would dispute that this isn’t the year. I think it could very well be. What a better d-line to be on the depth chart on than one with uncertainty at the edge moving forward in contract years. Let a rookie stud go out occasionally and get experience/see what he’s about. We might find a true pass rusher at 15. what I would argue is it’s not the year to draft one of our “needs” at receiver or corner considering how deep these classes are. Day 2 should be just fine there.
  19. Today
  20. I don't understand this way of thinking. When you draft a player in the first round, they sign a four year contract, with an option for a fifth year. If the player is as good as you hope, then the intention is likely to sign them to a second contract for another 4-5 years. So if you hope that this player is a foundational piece of your roster for the next decade, then why would you be so absorbed in the player's playing time in Year 1? Specific to the Colts at DE, we do not have a game changing pass rusher right now. I like Kwity and Dayo, but so far, they aren't foundational pieces. They're both going into contract years, depending on whether the team picks up Kwity's option. And we have Ebukam, who is also good, but not a game changer. There's no reason any of these players can't be challenged for playing time, especially in pass rush situations. Dayo and Lewis play DE, but also rotate at 3T, so that can be worked out. And there are injuries, which will open up playing time. DE historically has a learning curve, even for good players. Kayvon Thibodeaux was the 5th pick in 2022, he played 14 games as a rookie, 444 pass rush snaps, and had 4 sacks. He played 17 games in 2023, 498 pass rush snaps, 13 sacks. Ultimately, passing on a high level edge rush prospect because you're not sure he can start in Year 1 seems incredibly shortsighted.
  21. I'll take the Buccaneers as my second team. That is, if I don't win the COLTS lottery! Where do you keep your Buccaneers? Under my buckin' hat!
  22. I'll take the Titans....makes it easy since i can be on and pick for them and Falcons side by side or close to it.,
  23. We've got all interested GMs and their requested teams filled in for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, please ensure the entries are right. There are still 10 teams available, so interested GMs can go ahead and choose your second NFL team for the Mock Draft this year, from the list of teams given at the end of this post. @tweezy32 and @EasyE were very much interested, but their plans changed and couldn't participate as of now, if you get available back again, please let us know. @OhioColt, as in last year, feel free to visit during draft days, and if you'd like to participate in any of the days, there might be a team you could take on if available. Same for @NFLfan, if you'd have free time, you could jump in as commissioner anytime. Yoshinator - Denver Broncos @Yoshinator Colts Germany - New York Giants @ColtsGermany Stitches - Chicago Bears @stitches Defjamz26 - Philadelphia Eagles @Defjamz26 Solid84 - Arizona Cardinals @Solid84 Chad72 - Detroit Lions @chad72 Coltsfanej - Washington Commanders @coltsfanej Archer - New England Patriots @Archer SaturdayAllDay - New Orleans Saints @SaturdayAllDay John Hammonds - Green Bay Packers @John Hammonds PRnum1 - Buffalo Bills @PRnum1 CR91 - Las Vegas Raiders @CR91 Indyfan4life - Minnesota Vikings @Indyfan4life Tom Diggs - Atlanta Falcons @TomDiggs VikingsFanInChennai - Jacksonville Jaguars RollerColt - Cincinnati Bengals @RollerColt csmopar - Seattle Seahawks @csmopar jvan1973 - Kansas City Chiefs @jvan1973 Hark - New York Jets @Hark runthepost - Houston Texans @runthepost Mike06181 - Los Angeles Rams @Mike06181 Teams still available to be taken as second team for GMs NFC: 49ers Cowboys Bucs Panthers AFC: Dolphins Colts (Lucky Draw) Browns Ravens Steelers Chargers Titans @Archer, @TomDiggs, @coltsfanej, @chad72 and @John Hammonds, you've already expressed interest in taking second team, so go ahead and pick any available team of your choice. Anyone else who could spare their time to take another team may go ahead and mention your preferred choice as well. As soon as all NFL teams are assigned, I'll run the Lucky Draw for choosing Colts GM, and it could be as soon as tomorrow, so let's pick all the remaining teams pretty quick.
  1. Load more activity