Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Man I feel real strong about Brian Thomas jr. I think it's on and cracking if we get him. His game is just consistent and he is such a hard cover. I like him being paired with Pittman. I really do!
  3. This is probably the most exciting nonplaying event of the year and it’s tomorrow. I just hope that Balllard and the scouting department I’ve done their job thoroughly
  4. @2006Coltsbestever @NFLfan Kirk has been treated much better and with much more respect than Wentz was treated in Indy. And was showed with Love and truckloads of money in Minnesota, and was defended constantly with much more ferocity by Vikings fans than people defending Ballard in Grievances thread. it'd be crazy to think of injustice against Kirk for a few minority who criticize his play. We're Going back and forth on Kirk debate which will go on for eternity, but I struck Gold when I saw recently @Superman explaining how he felt watching Wentz playing with other teams before he got to Indy and how it felt watching him play for Colts when you're emotionally invested with the franchise. There's no other way to perfectly describe Kirk Cousins' career and his QB play. For every fan around the NFL, especially for fantasy football fans, Kirk will be a hero and am above average QB. But, when you're emotionally invested in your favourite franchise and Kirk plays QB for your team, you would come close to understanding how excruciatingly frustrating his play and smartness and game awareness are (or shortage of them are), that all contributes to team missing playoffs many years and even when they qualify, no one sees Kirk as a threat in playoffs. Ever. Your team would be paying Elite QB Money for that, and you'd be constantly in debate with criticizers Vs defenders. Until he plays for your team, you won't realize that, and I totally understand. Anyway, happy to pass on that frustration over to Falcons fans, they'd know soon. First of all, Kirk takes at least a season or two to trust his OL, even if you put an elite line and weapons around him, and it's all in his head. I'm going to sit back and read Falcons forums for Fun in 2024 Season! Good Times!
  5. I have no idea how it will all shake out, but I have my popcorn ready.
  6. There are no owners in the NFL that are perfect people. Some owner's demons are more public, some not so much, but they all have them. There's much more to the free agency issue and the Colts than most are aware of. There are a lot of intangibles most will never consider. That said, there is more to almost every aspect of any organization that most will ever be aware of. Those are often the things that matter most.
  7. You can't measure what is "right" in a vacuum, or just by "feel". It takes so much more than that. The Colts front office performance is judged in relationship with all the other teams in the NFL. Just trying to objectively align the different perspectives of the scouting and coaching staff requires more sophisticated evaluation methods than what we saw in the video. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling, but I understand this is the way a lot of organizations work.
  8. Today
  9. https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/4/1/24118330/i-pity-the-fool-mock-draft Trade Colts 2nd round (440) For Packers pick 58 and 91 (456) Packers select Zach Frazier C West Virginia 6'2 314lbs Logic: Packers replace Jon Meyers who gave up 5 sacks and had a pff grade of 55.8 Colts trade pick 58 and Kwity Paye For Saints Marshon Lattimore CB 27 years old and a conditional 2025 4th (depending on snaps could be 3rd) From Over the cap The team trading for Lattimore would take on his contract as is. They would have the decision to either pick up the option to defer the cap charges or to simply take all of the hit in 2024. Here is the cost on the cap if the team picks up the option in the contract: Year Salary Cap Charge Dead Money 2024 $15,000,000 $12,000,000 2025 $18,000,000 $0 2026 $18,500,000 $0 2027 (void) $0 $0 Lattimore has no guaranteed money in his contract after 2024 so there is nothing that would lock a team into him beyond this year. Colts Logic: We wanted some experience in the secondary. We wanted a shutdown corner. So we give the Saints a offer they can not refuse. In the first 2 rounds we address most of our defensive woes. Saints Logic: Saints are switching to a 4-3 defense this year and just let Michael Thomas walk. They have always been cap wizards but this may be the year to start a new with the changes listed above. Lattimore has only played 17 games these past two seasons and even though he's a top 12 CB when healthy he has been dinged up. Kwity Paye can start at DE until Chase Young is healthy.
  10. Ballard should have never cut him. I want Ogletree on the team as well considering charges were dropped (I believe), but his whole fiasco with his fiance where battery might have been involved was way more of a sensitive topic and understandable of being cut for than Rodgers friend betting 1k on his account on a Colts run stat over/under. That's the worse thing Rodgers was found guilty of, and now we have Colts fans trying to convince themselves we need a RD1 CB pick after 3 were chosen in last year's draft... He did a podcast detailing what he bet on with Franklin and Speed in case others haven't seen it. Much ado about nothing imho and it's obvious the locker room still like him/didn't think he was negatively trying to affect the outcome of games, and they would know best on that over anyone.
  11. Yeah... I don't buy it... BUT... if there is someone you might have to take seriously about something like that... it's Jeremiah. Remember how he absolutely killed that last mock with predicting the exact trade and exact picks for the Texans? Lets see if he has similarly good sources on the Colts...
  12. There're a couple of things that seems off about this to me. 1) The Colts moving up in the 1st. 2) Moving up for a CB after Ballard just spent the pre-draft presser complementing the CB group.
  13. What he “projects” and what he would play are two completely different things. Idk why people sleep on DeJean, he’s going to surprise a lot of people wherever he ends up going. The kid is a DAWG.
  14. they could’ve been talking about a lot of prospects lol I don’t think it’s specifically about Worthy. Nate Wiggins comes to mind as a very slim prospect also.
  15. The need to get it “right” falls on the scouting department and the coaching staff at the end of the day. Trading up just doesn’t make sense. I could understand if it were a WIN NOW mode, but this roster is atleast a year or two from being able to compete for a Lombardi. You don’t mortgage draft capital under those circumstances.
  16. Agreed. Chloe is missed and I hope she returns for the draft. We all love the Colts and football and there is room under the sun for variety of opinions without people being rude to eachother. I know people are passionate about their opinions and things can get heated once in a while, but it's good to remember at the end of the day we are all fans of the same game/team and we want the best for that team.
  17. He projects best as a Cover-3 CB which is what the Colts play. His RAS score was tops for the CB’s. The kid is an absolute baller no matter where you play him on defense or ST’s.
  18. Yah... well... you probably caught it on one of its last days on my profile. I usually put "my guy" in the draft as a profile pick during draft season and then change it to my favorite Colts pick after the draft. I guess the hope is still alive that I keep it for a while?
  19. It's been... a while. Maybe December? Or January? Not sure... but it's been months
  20. Great win tonight. I thought Haliburton played better and Turner and Pascal looked great. Series is on now at 1-1, + we have HCA as well. NBA.com has us a 55% chance of winning the series.
  21. @stitches I just noticed your profile pic. It's a good one. When did that happen?
  22. To be clear, I have no issue with anyone trying to read into what Ballard says. None. My comment is ONLY regarding the Behind the Pick video series. Thats all, only that. Otherwise, I join with everyone here trying to figure what Ballard is saying and is there anything to read between the lines every time CB speaks.
  23. even with another injury, you think they are going to scrap AR and spend next years 1st on a new qb? I don’t… Ballard could be fired, but Steichen wouldn’t be, and a new gm isn’t going to rush it when they have a talented qb on roster. I think he’s going to get 3 years minimum, good chance of his entire rookie deal to show he is the future. Hope he holds up.
  24. its not a very strong safety class, so I don’t doubt that he’s viewed as the top safety prospect, but there have been plenty of talk that several teams view him more as a corner. And he fits the corner mold here. His tackling is far better than what we had last year at the position. If anything he’s rated high as a versatile defender that can be moved around depending on circumstances (injuries, personnel, etc). I just don’t think they are going to view him as a safety, when he fits the defense as a corner. The biggest reason teams are calling him a safety is because of his man coverage struggles. They think he would fit better at safety in certain defenses. That doesn’t apply in Indy. He can play multiple spots here. And Chris Ballard loves versatility.
  25. Cubs defeat Astros 7-2. Now only .5 out of 1st place. NL Central Standings as of April 23rd: 1. Brewers 14-8 2. Cubs 14-9 3. Reds 13-10 4. Pirates 13-11 5. Cards 10-14
  26. I guess media could be saying stuff that I don't hear, I should acknowledge that. I just don't think anyone sourced or serious is saying it. It doesn't seem like those opinions are based on anything reputable. I was personally concerned that the way things went with Reich and Saturday could undermine the coaching search. It doesn't seem like that happened. The Colts interviewed a ton of good candidates, and wound up getting one of the more sought after guys. They got a highly sought after GM in 2017. There was the McDaniels treachery, but I think he was just a slimeball. The Colts are not a big free agent destination, I don't think that has anything to do with Irsay. I think free agents sign with the team that offers the most money, almost all the time. We've seen the Colts attract QBs like Rivers, Ryan, etc. Even Baker Mayfield listed the Colts as a desired landing spot in 2022. Maybe there's a player here or there who's turned off by Irsay, but I don't think anything like that has ever been reported. Like you said, the players only say good things. Anyone who goes on the record says good things. Former players call on him to introduce them to the HOF. I just wanted to throw out there that despite the whispers and stuff, it doesn't seem like there's any substance to the idea that the Colts operation is negatively affected by Irsay.
  1. Load more activity