Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. No. You weren’t. If you were the least bit sincere, we’d be having these conversations in private. But you’ve repeatedly ignored my efforts to do that. Your call. Then you avoid me until I’m in an uncomfortable conversation with another poster. You use that awkward moment as an excuse for you to come in with some sincere friendly advice. The problem is, you’re neither sincere, nor friendly. And you’ve been doing this for months now. This is not new. The pattern is clear and obvious. And the shame of it all is that even with our different views on Ballard we have enough in common that we should be friendly. Maybe not friends, but friendly. You wouldn’t need to address me as “Sir.” “Good deed going unpunished”. You flatter yourself. But your actions speak much louder than your words. There’s no reason for me to trust you. And here we are. A real shame.
  4. In a year when the Colts were in serious need of a QB and in position to draft one, Ballard came up in front of the media 3 days before the draft and straight up said something to the effect of "That guy everybody in media is talking about(Levis), we are not taking him". I don't know why you think the Colts are trying to throw us off the scent this year specifically. They are not trying to give us away the pick(thus the vagueness), but I also don't really think they are trying to mislead anybody. This usually becomes specifically apparent in retrospect after the draft when you look back at a lot of those quotes in the videos they release pre-draft... and they were talking precisely about players we ended up drafting, which they reveal in the post-draft video by extending some of those quotes(they did that with AR last year for example). And about why people are doing it(guessing who they are talking about) - because it is fun. Nobody has the illusion that we will be right in our guesses 100% of the time... or anywhere close really... but it's still fun. And it's part of why the Colts release those videos with those quotes - to create engagement with the fanbase... part of which, and the entirety of which that 70 pages thread and whole board is about in the offseason. is to guess who the Colts might take and how they might feel about specific prospects.
  5. Sir, I was just trying to help you out. No good deed goes unpunished!
  6. Not the least bit surprised to hear from you at this moment. You see me in an uncomfortable conversation (with a moderator no less) and you seize the moment to take a shot at me. And you try to act like you’re giving me a sincere explanation of what you’re doing. Like you have an ounce of credibility with me. This is not the first time you’ve done this. While I may not be surprised, I’m certainly disappointed.
  7. Things have now gone from bad to worse. After I explained myself, I was kind of hoping you’d simply come back with “I’m sorry, I misunderstood you, may bad.” And we’d be done with this. It would be over. But instead, you double down on the roommate issue and follow up by questioning everything I said by breaking down some of my comments and what you think I really meant by them. In other words, you’re telling me my motive, my meaning, as if you know my meaning better than I do. It’s interesting to me…. I was recently told there’s an unofficial moderator policy: don’t attack the poster, attack the argument. Well, I don’t see that here. You attacked me personally the first time and instead of a simple apology, you’ve double downed on a bad hand by attacking me personally AGAIN. Why you’re comfortable telling me you know my meaning , my intention, better than I do is mystifying to me. And frankly, I think you’re comfortable doing this because one of us is a moderator, and it certainly is NOT me. I’ll say it again: you misunderstood my meaning, and intention, the first time, and you’ve misunderstood me even worse the second time. As I said before, I’m happy to withdraw and apologize for “go figure”, but the negative inference was not my intention. Poorly phrased, I give you (in two posts now). I don’t know what else to say…. I’m hoping this brings this very unfortunate exchange to an end.
  8. I don't think Worthy is a good fit for Richardson's skill set. Think tall with a large catch radius for Richardson to be successful. I don't think u pair a smurf wr with a qb who may have accuracy issues. That's just me
  9. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nfl-draft-week-begins-michael-breaks-down-potential/id1458884463?i=1000653230340 Think it is a good listen. Bout 17:30 mins in talks about corners and defense, but the whole podcast is a good listen. He says only bout 12 first rounders in this draft compared to what Ballard said in 19-21. I thought it was an interesting take.
  10. Don’t sleep on Roman Wilson if the Colts don’t choose a WR in the first round. He has serious talent.
  11. Because people enjoy trying to guess who is being referred to. It’s like a puzzle. It’s fun. No one thinks the Colts are going to reveal their draft secrets, my man. And you pop in like Marian the Librarian to tell people it’s a waste of time with a “go figure,” like a person of your IQ just can’t understand why the common folk would have fun guessing at names. No offense, I’m just spitballing here but I would guess that’s why you’re being admonished, since you asked.
  12. Kiper still adamantly claims that he was right, as Trent Dilfer was a super bowl winning qb...with his 2nd team..and we all know that it was his 12-25 153 yards that put the Ravens over the top in that SB that Baltimore won 34-7! No one can argue that Alberts didn't end up a bust(and was a complete jerk) but any hindsight of that draft says the Colts mistake was not taking Bryant Young, Aaron Glenn, or Sam Adams in that 4 slot. Bill Tobin brought an immediate turnaround for this franchise. His biggest mistake wasn't passing on Dilfer, but firing Ted Marchibroda.
  13. I don't think it was a troll job at all. Chris Ballard isn't producing or editing these videos. I'm sure he has some final say over them before they get published, but I doubt it was his call to end the video that way. I think he was making a sincere comment about a player during a discussion in the draft room. And for all we know it was weeks ago, and it's probably a stretch to connect it to anything he said in his presser the other day. Why it's interesting to me is that it makes me think maybe there's a player that the Colts would love to draft at #15, and rather than trading down, they'd take him if he's still there. I also don't think Ballard plays games with his pressers or other commentary. He was in a mood the other day, and toyed with the press room a little bit, but that was obvious. I think his comments about being open to trade back + having 19-21 first round grades was a signal to everyone that he's open to making a deal, but then again, he said he talks to GMs around the league anyway so there's no need to sneak in a reference. Ultimately, I think he's careful about what he says, but he's also not trying to mislead anyone. I think when he tells us what he wants to do and what's important to him, he means it, and it's generally what he winds up doing.
  14. Agreed, Ballard loves trolling us fans and I think this is exactly what he’s trying to do with that statement. He mentions multiple times through his career he loves messing with the fans and loves seeing twitter blow up from what he says. He messes with us because he knows we feed right into it!
  15. I'm starting to understand why Ed Dodds hasn't gotten a job.
  16. The burning toaster - every scout got one, to commemorate the play of our secondary in 2023.
  17. I'm not big on Quinyon Mitchell but picking a slot receiver like Ricky Pearsell within the top 50 blows my mind. Drafting Legette would make more sense imo.
  18. I saw an article today with that scenario. could be on the table. He has a history of trading with them with that range of pick. Although I’m not sure I see it with the talent at receiver this draft. It just depends on how they view the rest of the class left. Especially in day 2. I don’t like making predictions or hopes, but if Bowers is there, I kind of want to see them take him and double up on a receiver at 46. That gives a day 2 option at corner or safety at 81 and then using 117 and 151 as interior line and whatever else (coverage linebacker ideally) to round the top 150 out. If I were a betting man, I would put money on us not drafting a linebacker until late and potentially using those last two picks both on linebackers.
  19. I think I know who “he” is as well. I think it’s either Bowers or Nabors. Just guessing of course but what happens if that player is picked before 15. Then what? There is another course of action no one has brought up. We trade the pick to the 49er’s for Aiyuk. We have the cap space to absorb his 14m cap hit. He’s a star receiver who is one year younger than Pittman. There is no rookie learning curve to deal with. He would step in and produce immediately. Of course you’re not getting the rookie contract but the trade off is a proven veteran. Plan A is Nabors or Bowers. Plan B is Aiyuk. You still have all your remaining picks. If he wants to get explosive on offense Aiyuk would definitely do that. I wouldn’t rule it out.
  20. The Cardinals have been in discussions about moving No. 4. They have spoken to three teams about moving down, SI.com’s Albert Breer notes, adding a fourth club is expected to inquire about the selection. Likewise Tony Pauline was reporting that the Patriots could very well move the 3rd overall pickup and the select Penix. There are those within the Patriots facility that are pushing for Penix. They do not want to move past #13 where it is believed the Raiders would take Penix. All this is good news for the Colts as there is a lot of noise that Penix and Nix continue to move up draft boards.
  21. Yeah, I know you weren't thinking that, just some other post in the other thread were trying to say something like that. I'm not reading too much into it, thought it was interesting at first, but just think it was a perfect way to leave it and Ballard nailed that. Can get people talking on all sides of it.
  22. I would put money on us not trading up. So I wasn't really thinking that. I think they have their eyes on a certain player that might be there at 15, but not necessarily willing to trade up for because of the alternative options.
  23. I agree. Unless it's to a range in the 1st round that they have equal ratings on multiple players, where they are confident they are getting one of them plus whatever compensation. That generally means whoever they have their eyes on in a separate tier is off the board. If AR develops into a longterm franchise solution (the sooner the better,) then I see the next 3-5 drafts being incredibly important to bringing in foundation guys that step into the major leadership roles that the current ones will be retiring from (or moving on). Once that rookie contract is up, the first few years of a new massive deal requires a solid core in place. That means hitting on picks now and for the next several years.
  24. I don't think it really means anything. I just think it is a good troll job by Chris. It was a great cliff hanger, they could've been talking about some one that would clearly be there at #15 BTJ, Kool-Aid or something. Doesn't have to be a guy we are thinking about trading up for. Like I said I just think it was a great troll job by Ballard to leave it out there like that. Provokes conversations.
  25. So you really think that I thought you said something about the roommates? Seriously? That was just an example of a topic(bad) to talk about if we are not for suppose to try and figure out who they were talking about. Nothing relevant, no one would want to talk about the roommates. They would rather talk about who they think they were talking about. Which seems to irritate you based on your post below. This spin(roommates) might be worse than the "just giving us information" spin. If you wanted to "just give people information", you wouldn't of followed it up like this: "I’ve never understood attempts to guess who the staff was talking about in any given sound bite and yet it happens every year. Go figure…." That's where "giving us information" stopped and you started telling us why you gave us the information you just gave us. Because it annoys you and wish it would stop. What purpose did that serve, other than to criticize the people that confuse you as to why they do it and keep doing it year after year? Then the "Go figure...." Go ahead and explain the "go figure", what did that mean in your words, what purpose did that serve? Just giving us some information? So yes, for me the "go figure" pushed it over the top, not that it was to great to begin with. Already started to go downhill with the "yet it happens every year".
  1. Load more activity