Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hasn't Nabers been primarily a slot wr? Why would they trade all the way to 5 for a slot wrs that needs to work on playing outside
  3. We could go corner in the 2nd and get the same quality as the first as we run a zone scheme. Plus let's not forget flowers is an undrafted guy.
  4. I'm going to respectfully disagree here. I think, regardless of what the fans might think, their lack of FAs and re-signing all our own means the Colts believe this team is truly capable of making waves in 2024, being only 1 play away from a playoff birth/division title. I think they believe that they are a couple pieces away but clearly need a top skill position wideout to pair with Pittman and Downs. Every pick after that is fillers, depth, and/or less important needs in their minds. You could wind up being correct but I'm sticking with my trade up scenario where the only way I'm wrong is that we find out later, the Colts could not find a trade partner or that the trade partners really wanted to much in compensation. I'm sticking with Colts trade to with Chargers and take Nabers at pick 5.
  5. Latest update not encouraging? Where's that at? Wasn't in that article. Everything I have seen, has shown some athleticism has already started to come back. I posted a couple rehab videos somewhere a month ago or so. He is already dunking and looked very quick on take off and on his straight line running. Can't remember if there was a change of direction in the the video but I think there was that as well. Saying that, I think we still bring in a CB, but everything I have seen has been encouraging in regards to rehab.
  6. Today
  7. Steelers picking at No.20 probably want him to get past Bengals and Jaguars so that they can draft Adonai Mitchell, so could be an article blessed by the organization too
  8. I think we stay at 15, hope Bowers is there but dont think he will be. With latest update not encouraging that Flowers will be ready seems like Corner more likely to be taken over WR. First round corner paired with Brents with Jones first corner off the bench should yield better results then last season. ttps://www.aol.com/cb-dallis-flowers-rehabbing-achilles-084056300.htm
  9. I think the draft falls this way: 1) Bears: Caleb 2) Commanders: Daniels 3) Vikings (trade with Pats) Maye 4) Cardinals: MHJ 5) Colts (trade with Chargers) Nabers Reason for my top 5 is that I think the Patriots really like McCarthy, coupled with the Brady/McCarthy Michigan thing plus the Pats need more player help, it makes sense for the Pats to trade back to 11 but still be in front of the Raiders and Broncos to get their QB Colts trade up reason: I think the Chargers need O-line help as well as other players like WR, however I believe the Chargers can still get a top LT at 15 and WR late in round one or if they trade back into round one which I believe they will attempt to do in this scenario. Plus, the Harbough Indy connection makes this trade likely. Even if the Commanders take Maye at 2, I still think the Vikings trade up and then grab Daniels. Pats take McCarthy. I think this is the year the Colts finally will mortgage a little bit of the future for the wideout. I'm going to stick with this. I hope my gut is correct here, we'll see.
  10. There should be another option. Trades the pick for a player (Buckner trade)
  11. Luck has said he no longer had the passion it takes to play football. Without the love of the game he wouldn't be the QB we knew him to be. He was one of the most exciting player I have ever seen. When he retired I was so disappointed. It's easy to dwell on the negatives he put on the team but if he lost the heart to play I wouldn't want him to be the Colts QB. It has taken me a few years to not be bitter over the timing of his retirement. I understand his decision but as a Colts fan it's still depressing.
  12. I really like the idea of using day 3 picks to move up on day 2. I think this team needs quality over quantity and would rather walk away from the draft with 5 players in the first four rounds than 8-9 bc we got more late round picks trading down. I would even be ok with moving down in the first if the draft board says the players we want are valued in the 20s and it nets a 3rd or 4th.
  13. Just watched the whole Dakich rant, he even called Doyle a punk like I did yesterday. Then he showed a picture of Doyle boxing and started laughing because Doyle was a lot bigger than the guy he was fighting. Doyle looks like one creepy dude that is for sure, I agree with Danny for a change.
  14. The only thing I have realized is it's almost impossible to figure out what Ballard will do. 😷
  15. I like your list but would put Tony Stewart over Alford.🚗
  16. OK, I never liked Dan Dakich but today changed my mind 100%. On his radio show, he called Gregg Doyle a creep and didn't even trust Doyle around his 17 yr old daughter. He said Doyle treats women badly and Dakich doesn't like him at all. You could see the anger in Dakich face when talking about Doyle. I watched it on youtube. He once wanted to stay at Dakich house and Dakich told him no. Then he wrote a negative article about Dakich shortly after. Hey if Dakich wants to train me for 3 months, I will get in the ring with that chump who says he is a great boxer. He hasn't beat anyone good, he's beat tomato cans. I have done research on him.
  17. I think if the Colts get a WR in the top-50 picks, or so, I think the Colts would agree with you.
  18. welp, after another week of developments, rumors, and predictions…here is where I stand: 1. My personal top 5 for our first has not changed. Mitchell, Arnold, Turner, BTJ, Bowers are still who id be ok with picking at 15. I’ve said it before, but this is one of the most “it can go any way for us” drafts I’ve witnessed for us in a long time, if not ever. 2. With the rumors of us looking to trade up, I AM ALL FOR IT. It’s ok to play it safe and build your team, but that gets mediocrity. We need to go out and get a guy. A player we KNOW that will be elite or very good. Not one that we hope can do that. I think MHJ is definitely going to the Cards (if they don’t trade out) so that means either Nabers or Odunze who we’re probably trading for if they fall to 8 or 9. Id prefer Nabers over Odunze. Nabers is that blazing separator we desperately need, Odunze is possessive beast, but I feel we already have that with MPJ. I don’t think trading up for bowers would be worth it. 3. Trading back is an absolute no for me. As said above, we have to start getting bonafide players and studs. If we have a chance to get a bonafide stud, then we shouldn’t give it up. Trading back and giving up the chance to get someone is lowering the talent level of our first pick. Let’s get aggressive for once and get OUR guy. If we can’t, let’s stay put and draft a player who will be VERY good.
  19. FYI Castro went back to college at Iowa this upcoming season. Look for Sebastian in the 2025 NFL Draft.
  20. Like most QBs they need a safety blanket to throw to and that can be a TE. Draft rumor-mill already in full circulation with news that the Colts want to trade up on Day 1. Still think it's a long shot to draft a legacy in MHJ reaching P4 with the Cardinals. A trade up to P8 with Atlanta is probably the most realistic scenario and TE Bowers would be the call-in. Not sold on most of this year's draftable QBs and doubt 4 or more will be drafted within the top-8 picks. See the draft play out like every other year where teams can stay and get a serviceable QB.
  21. This could very well be the rare year we do trade up on Day 1. Really shocked if we go after a legacy and the cost might be too rich for the short-term versus draft immediate draft needs. Now a trade up to say P8 swap with Atlanta has a higher percentage of happening I do feel. No way going to trade within our division with the Titans at P7. At P8 should still have one of the top-3 WRs or even better option of drafting a generational TE in Bowers.
  22. Yeah, I posted above, a friend of mine agreed with my list, except he would put Jeff Gordon on it and take Knight off. With Bobby Knight you either loved or hated him, I go by results, so he is on my list. With Bird, being that he was born here and had a huge impact for Indiana St basketball and a huge impact coaching the Pacers, I put him on my list. Outside of my 4 = Peyton, Reggie, Bobby, and Larry. The other guys I did consider were George McGinnis, A.J. Foyt like you mentioned, and Jeff Gordon because this is a racing state. I even barely thought of Steve Alford who was a dominant player in Highschool at New Castle, Indiana, then won a National Championship playing for the Hoosiers in 1987. He was one of the greatest shooters I have ever seen. Some put Oscar Robertson on the Indiana Mt Rushmore but IMO, you need more than just a great Highschool career to make this kind of list. Robertson played his college ball for Cincinnati, Alford went to IU therefore, Alford gets the nod over him here in Indiana.
  23. It's not that deep with me, I think you are one of the best posters here. Apparently when I call you one of the best here, you just ignore it and just see that I don't want to be wrong. In my book we are good, I am not even upset over this. I did get a headache skimming through all the threads I created though
  24. If we move up, it would be for a TE like in Bowers.
  25. Unfortunately, You're probably right. I just want this offense to get one more dynamic player for AR and this offense would explode.
  1. Load more activity