Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You wonder how many NFL hits the guy can take I think he is an extreme liability when we run the ball as well Brian Thomas or Latu with 15th for me
  3. Idk? I think Ballard has a lot more control on how this is disseminated than you are giving him. I'm sure he has final approval, this isn't like the in season NFL hard knock thing.(Which we still controlled what was put out there) This is a team made draft video to get fans hyped. It did the job for me I do agree that, that was just a random comment about a guy(being there at #15) they were actually generally talking about in natural conversations and the sound bite was used there. I don't think it was just a comment made to place at the end intentionally. Whether that guy might be there, or is someone who should no doubt be there is the question, and what should we take from it ending that way And it might not of even been his idea to put that at the end, but when presented how to end it, agreed this is the best way to get the fans talking about it. Either way it was a great cliff hanger. Like I said it brought about some conversation, so I think it did it's part.
  4. I watched the semi final game between Washington and Texas last night and Odunze and Polk just destroyed Texas. Penix had around 400 yards.
  5. I’ll have to search for Hicks’ break-down. I hadn’t seen much tape of Bowers until a couple of weeks ago when I watched a highlight reel, and that was very impressive. I’m just nervous about how hard it seems to be to predict TE success…
  6. I was thinking a bit about what Ballard said in that clip from "Behind the Colts", about "he's not going to get much bigger". No idea if he was talking about Worthy... but if he is... he's right. Whether Worthy ends up playing at 165 or 176... this is still extremely small and light. Whether he's in the 1st percentile or 5th percentile of athlete's in weight in the league, this doesn't change the type of player and type of worries you would have about him with any significance. So... in a way, I kind of find that conversation a bit pointless. IMO the question should be - okay. he is small... and he will always be small. Can we work with that? And can we live with the risk of injury for that small of a player? And the answer can be no here... I'm not saying we necessarily need to take that risk.
  7. Today
  8. You think the Ed Dodds you see in edited clips here is the same as the Ed Dodds who interviews with teams? I don’t know you or anyone would think that? He’s very much respected around the NFL which is why multiple teams ask to interview with them most every year.
  9. Round 1 - #15 A. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas B. Brian Thomas, WR, LSU C. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia Round 2 - #46 A. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M B. Marshall Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan C. Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State Round 3 - #82 A. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon B. Darius Robinson, DE/DT, Missouri C. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State Round 4 - #117 A. Jalyx Hunt, DE, Houston Christian B. Mason McCormick, OG, South Dakota State C. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia Round 5 - #151 A. Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas B. Tanor Bortolini, OC, Wisconsin C. Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville Round 6 - #191 A. Decamerion Richardson, CB, Mississippi State B. Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto C. Nick Gargiulo, OC, South Carolina Round 7 - #234 A. Millard Bradford, SS, TCU B. Mark Perry, FS, TCU C. Dalton Tucker, OG, Marshall BONUS: Will the Colts trade the #15 pick this year? A: Yes, they will trade back.
  10. Yeah... Richardson needs players who can separate and who can get open deep. IMO "give the inaccurate QB a contested catch receiver with large catch radius" is one of the tropes that hasn't proven to work well. Contested catches have about 50-55% success rate even with the best of contested catch receivers and with relatively accurate QBs... now if you think AR's accuracy is not good, drop that rate even more. The best way to give a relatively inaccurate QB better chance to complete passes is to give him a WR who separates and and who is open so the QB would have more of a margin for error to throw the ball a little behind or ahead or a little higher or lower than ideal. (we are not talking about uncatchable balls here... those will be uncatchable for anyone really). In that regard, one thing I would agree about is - we need WRs who have good hands and have good ball skills. And this is ignoring that AR has indeed been pretty good with his accuracy on passes at intermediate and long range. His biggest problem coming into the league was the short stuff and he was already showing improvements in that deparment before he got injured. And Worthy is the WR who created the most separation from anybody in this draft :
  11. Richardson accuracy on deep balls is his strength. Hence why you pair an elite deep threat in worthy.
  12. No. You weren’t. If you were the least bit sincere, we’d be having these conversations in private. But you’ve repeatedly ignored my efforts to do that. Your call. Then you avoid me until I’m in an uncomfortable conversation with another poster. You use that awkward moment as an excuse for you to come in with some sincere friendly advice. The problem is, you’re neither sincere, nor friendly. And you’ve been doing this for months now. This is not new. The pattern is clear and obvious. And the shame of it all is that even with our different views on Ballard we have enough in common that we should be friendly. Maybe not friends, but friendly. You wouldn’t need to address me as “Sir.” “Good deed going unpunished”. You flatter yourself. But your actions speak much louder than your words. There’s no reason for me to trust you. And here we are. A real shame.
  13. In a year when the Colts were in serious need of a QB and in position to draft one, Ballard came up in front of the media 3 days before the draft and straight up said something to the effect of "That guy everybody in media is talking about(Levis), we are not taking him". I don't know why you think the Colts are trying to throw us off the scent this year specifically. They are not trying to give us away the pick(thus the vagueness), but I also don't really think they are trying to mislead anybody. This usually becomes specifically apparent in retrospect after the draft when you look back at a lot of those quotes in the videos they release pre-draft... and they were talking precisely about players we ended up drafting, which they reveal in the post-draft video by extending some of those quotes(they did that with AR last year for example). And about why people are doing it(guessing who they are talking about) - because it is fun. Nobody has the illusion that we will be right in our guesses 100% of the time... or anywhere close really... but it's still fun. And it's part of why the Colts release those videos with those quotes - to create engagement with the fanbase... part of which, and the entirety of which that 70 pages thread and whole board is about in the offseason. is to guess who the Colts might take and how they might feel about specific prospects.
  14. Sir, I was just trying to help you out. No good deed goes unpunished!
  15. Not the least bit surprised to hear from you at this moment. You see me in an uncomfortable conversation (with a moderator no less) and you seize the moment to take a shot at me. And you try to act like you’re giving me a sincere explanation of what you’re doing. Like you have an ounce of credibility with me. This is not the first time you’ve done this. While I may not be surprised, I’m certainly disappointed.
  16. Things have now gone from bad to worse. After I explained myself, I was kind of hoping you’d simply come back with “I’m sorry, I misunderstood you, may bad.” And we’d be done with this. It would be over. But instead, you double down on the roommate issue and follow up by questioning everything I said by breaking down some of my comments and what you think I really meant by them. In other words, you’re telling me my motive, my meaning, as if you know my meaning better than I do. It’s interesting to me…. I was recently told there’s an unofficial moderator policy: don’t attack the poster, attack the argument. Well, I don’t see that here. You attacked me personally the first time and instead of a simple apology, you’ve double downed on a bad hand by attacking me personally AGAIN. Why you’re comfortable telling me you know my meaning , my intention, better than I do is mystifying to me. And frankly, I think you’re comfortable doing this because one of us is a moderator, and it certainly is NOT me. I’ll say it again: you misunderstood my meaning, and intention, the first time, and you’ve misunderstood me even worse the second time. As I said before, I’m happy to withdraw and apologize for “go figure”, but the negative inference was not my intention. Poorly phrased, I give you (in two posts now). I don’t know what else to say…. I’m hoping this brings this very unfortunate exchange to an end.
  17. I don't think Worthy is a good fit for Richardson's skill set. Think tall with a large catch radius for Richardson to be successful. I don't think u pair a smurf wr with a qb who may have accuracy issues. That's just me
  18. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nfl-draft-week-begins-michael-breaks-down-potential/id1458884463?i=1000653230340 Think it is a good listen. Bout 17:30 mins in talks about corners and defense, but the whole podcast is a good listen. He says only bout 12 first rounders in this draft compared to what Ballard said in 19-21. I thought it was an interesting take.
  19. Don’t sleep on Roman Wilson if the Colts don’t choose a WR in the first round. He has serious talent.
  20. Because people enjoy trying to guess who is being referred to. It’s like a puzzle. It’s fun. No one thinks the Colts are going to reveal their draft secrets, my man. And you pop in like Marian the Librarian to tell people it’s a waste of time with a “go figure,” like a person of your IQ just can’t understand why the common folk would have fun guessing at names. No offense, I’m just spitballing here but I would guess that’s why you’re being admonished, since you asked.
  21. Kiper still adamantly claims that he was right, as Trent Dilfer was a super bowl winning qb...with his 2nd team..and we all know that it was his 12-25 153 yards that put the Ravens over the top in that SB that Baltimore won 34-7! No one can argue that Alberts didn't end up a bust(and was a complete jerk) but any hindsight of that draft says the Colts mistake was not taking Bryant Young, Aaron Glenn, or Sam Adams in that 4 slot. Bill Tobin brought an immediate turnaround for this franchise. His biggest mistake wasn't passing on Dilfer, but firing Ted Marchibroda.
  22. I don't think it was a troll job at all. Chris Ballard isn't producing or editing these videos. I'm sure he has some final say over them before they get published, but I doubt it was his call to end the video that way. I think he was making a sincere comment about a player during a discussion in the draft room. And for all we know it was weeks ago, and it's probably a stretch to connect it to anything he said in his presser the other day. Why it's interesting to me is that it makes me think maybe there's a player that the Colts would love to draft at #15, and rather than trading down, they'd take him if he's still there. I also don't think Ballard plays games with his pressers or other commentary. He was in a mood the other day, and toyed with the press room a little bit, but that was obvious. I think his comments about being open to trade back + having 19-21 first round grades was a signal to everyone that he's open to making a deal, but then again, he said he talks to GMs around the league anyway so there's no need to sneak in a reference. Ultimately, I think he's careful about what he says, but he's also not trying to mislead anyone. I think when he tells us what he wants to do and what's important to him, he means it, and it's generally what he winds up doing.
  23. Agreed, Ballard loves trolling us fans and I think this is exactly what he’s trying to do with that statement. He mentions multiple times through his career he loves messing with the fans and loves seeing twitter blow up from what he says. He messes with us because he knows we feed right into it!
  24. I'm starting to understand why Ed Dodds hasn't gotten a job.
  25. The burning toaster - every scout got one, to commemorate the play of our secondary in 2023.
  1. Load more activity