All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't understand why anyone has to be scared of playing any team anywhere at anytime. I certainly hope our players don't have that mindset.
  3. See below ↓ Let's face it folks. The NFL 'showcases' teams. They also have to cater to the networks, just as NCF says. This says Indy is on a 1 year 'prove it' deal like teams do with some players. It's the same thing for the NFL every year. Their goal is balance. Because they admit (Mike North) that 'they can create really good TV schedule that's not such a great team schedule, or make a very fair team schedules that's not going to be their best television'. So balance where everyone complains, but only a little, and hopefully somewhat equally. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-schedule-release/0ap3000001026920/What-goes-into-making-NFL-schedule-Mike-North-breaks-it-down If Colts were a big draw (more than other powerhouse teams), they would have more prime time home games. If the Colts ace the test this year and go far (or all the way), they'll get rewarded next year. It's how it works.
  4. WE can help out by beating the Steelers this year.
  5. Even though it's LA, it probably won't be too much. They've gotten better, but usually the stadium is relatively empty for the Chargers
  6. And he brought Ballard a gift bag and a bottle of hand sanitizer... so that could move him up a round on the draft room board!
  7. To me Sanders looks much more explosive off his cuts and has much better feet on his cuts. He seems both more elusive and more powerful. Weber looks very ordinary to me, while I think Sanders has the traits to be a 3 downs back. Just my opinion of course.
  8. Ballard said he wants to build from the trenches so I’m assuming they will go DLine with 26 (and possibly 34), unless they can get a WR that demands double coverage.
  9. Too early to call. I'll wait for the draft to see who has drafted a starter or two.
  10. It's not necessarily that he LIKES the fact that they drop passes, he just doesn't think it's a big enough deterrent to sign them. He probably trusts Andrew to give them more catchable balls, thereby decreasing drops, and trusts Coach Reich to coach it out of them. Remember, OC Nick Sirianni was a former WR coach if I'm not mistaken, so he trusts the coaching staff to train it out of them.
  11. No I did, I don't think you really understand what I'm saying. You mean proven as in proven to be bad. But the fact is our receivers AREN'T proven to be bad. That's my point
  12. Well being I actually want to draft Lawrence just like I wanted Nelson with our 3rd pick last year I'm totally cool. I do t need the flash and dash when o know what works and the ripples these guys cause for the rest of the team.
  13. IinD

NFL Schedule

Good funny post. You know the next step I'm sure??? Whoever we draft is a reach or certified bust before even picking a jersey number.
  14. Today
  15. I think it's just history mostly. They own us unfortunately even in years where we've been the better team. I think I might make the 5/6 hr drive and see that one in Pitt. Would be nice to give them some lip in person if we win .
  16. I am glad that a tree didnt have to die for a read This was weak stuff, not worth the time
  17. You have to beat them all to win it all, or something like that, lol! One game at a time, Go Colts!
  18. Ok, I'll be the oddball out, and agree with the article. Dexter Lawrence is a good player. Possibly even a great player. But I don't think he's worth it at 26. I'd rather take him at 34, and get a more dynamic player with our first pick. But what happens if he's the best guy left on our board, and we can't trade down? Do we take him anyway? I might. But I would also be unhappy doing it. I do think we need to come away with a WR in this draft. And there are plenty of them, all with grades from low 1st through the entire 2nd round. But what happens if we address, say, DL and DB at 26 and 34, and then everybody gets taken by the time we get to 59? And all that's left are WR's that rank no better than Funchess, or, worse yet, no better than Chester Rogers? (Which is where I grade Boykin, by the way.) I think that would kinda suck. I would like to get a safety in this draft, but I think we can get one in the 3rd or 4th round. We don't need Mr. Amazing. We just need an assurance that if our current starters get injured (again), the cupboard won't be completely bare.
  19. IinD

NFL Schedule

You'll have an awesome time of course and views are good almost everywhere. No weird seating problems where you are. I've had way worst seats and been fine.
  20. Myles

NFL Schedule

We knew the schedule would be tougher this season. All in all, the way it was set up isn't too bad. I like the bye week. I like the middle of the schedule with so many home games. I think 10-6 is probable and 11-5 is possible.
  21. They dont have to sell anything. Never heard Grigson talk up Dorsset... Funchess being signed could indeed keep us from drafting a WR from rounds 1-3. Especially if he chose to go defense early which it's looking more and more possible. Just because you explain why you signed a WR doesn't mean you're talking it up. You're showing your reasons for signing the player. That's it. Talking up the signing would be making predictions about how good hes going to be on this team. Or making outlandish claims about their abilities. Saying funchess isn't as slow as people think is hardly talking the guy up. I think you need to let go of the idea that WR is such a high need and the colts will be one dimensional without a WR that you sign off on. Its making you upset.
  22. The interest in Lindstrom could be very real. Good player and not a bad 2nd round choice but I'd probably prefer a tackle (to eventually replace AC.) If we're interested at corner (like Allbright says) I would love Byron Murphy
  23. csmopar

NFL Schedule

Whoever made the schedule this year doesn’t need too going forward, ouch
  24. I think if Ballard can find those guys who checks his list we will be fine. Ballard has already shown he pays no attention to outside noise such as fandom, so called draft gurus and media. The problem we face are no different than what every team in the NFL faces. Finding trench players. Finding the combination of receivers and TEs Keeping a lid on the cap We have the QB so that is already a advantage over the majority of teams. So let's roll.
  25. I really don't have a problem with the schedule. If we are going to be contenders we have to beat the teams we play no matter if they are at home or away.
  26. I can only recall one recent home Thursday game.. and it was Thanksgiving against Pittsburgh without Luck. We seem to ALWAYS get hosed on away games in big games. Once again, ALL our national games are away! And week 1 we will be the National Game on CBS at 4pm. That isn't an accident. Sure, part of it is just the schedule we were stuck with, but they could have balanced it with a home Thursday night game. I suspect with a much better team, we go 10-6 but still win the division based on Tie-Breaker. Trap Game? Probably TN, since Luck can't beat them forever. And it looks like the most probable loss will be San Diego. We never play well there (or against them period) and we rarely win our home opener. The only way I can see us winning more than 10 is if we have another miracle draft AND we can keep our line intact all year. Then we could bump up as much as 2 more wins. If Luck is healthy and our line is healthy I can't see us having less than 9 wins no matter what. Luck is pretty much a lock for 8 wins with no help. So let's see who we land in the draft and see if that changes our fortunes at all.
  1. Load more activity