Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is a question that could go many ways. It depends on how the draft goes.
  3. I agree with a possible trade up. I just don't think u move up from 15 to number 5 to get a wr. Teams moving up that far is always for a qb. Also, it is a rich wr draft. U r going to have to give up a haul to get him. I would rather a scenario fo maybe sliding back a little and getting Worthy if they are intent on getting that explosive wr with their 1st pick. Also, I would like to know what u think the Colts would have to move up that far? I got my own idea but wondering what u think.
  4. Woulda gone with Quinyon Mitchell and the top flanker-type WR in the 2nd. Roman Wilson, maybe.
  5. I think you went for Kinchens too early. From most of the mocks and Twitter talk I see he’s a round 3-4 guy. If you had to pick a safety in round 2, I would have said go with Dadrion Taylor-Demerson.
  6. This has me kind of happy. I’m glad Ogletree was cleared and he showed some great flashes during the season, but this *probably* rules out any thought of Bowers. I’m also assuming Woods will be back and healthy this season.
  7. So the Colts wouldn't move up from #4 to #1 last year to secure either Stroud or Young ( who Irsay liked) but we now think they are going to shell out all this draft capital to move up to # 4. ( Btw...why does everyone think the Cards are going to trade the pick?....it's not happening)
  8. That’s a fair price considering we don’t have many needs. We still have this years 2nd.
  9. Let's pump the brakes on him and see how he is as a pro first.
  10. I think that is far too steep with the needs we have. Maybe Irsay makes a play in a few years to get him here in free agency
  11. Just saw a mock with us trading up to #4 for Harrison. #15 #82 2025 1st 2025 3rd For #4 Probably a pretty accurate price. Won't be just us trying to trade up, there would be competition. Vikings have #11,#23, prob still cost them more as well.
  12. I still think Maya Moore was the best college woman I've ever seen.
  13. I think moving from 15 to 4 will take more than swapping firsts and next years first
  14. The roster page has now been updated, Ogletree is no longer listed as on the exempt list. So my bad, Holder was right. Good news.
  15. Today
  16. Was that the only good receiver taken in that draft? And did they give up multiple picks?
  17. Yeah, I have no beef with MHJ as a prospect (I think some are pumping him up a little too much, and there's some name recognition probably influencing the way he's talked about). It would be awesome to have him on the Colts. But just like every other draft prospect in history, the possibility exists that he will not live up to the pre-draft expectations. But during the pre-draft process, fans and media start falling in love with players. Terms like "generational talent," "future superstar," etc., start getting thrown around. And now we're talking about a prospect as if he's a lock for the HOF before he's even played a game in the NFL. That's fine, it's fun, we all do it. But that's different from actually scouting, setting a board, and making decisions for the team. Each of us can point to a previous prospect that we loved and raved about and had them fitted for a gold jacket, but who bounced out of the league within 3-4 years. And the same is probably true for NFL scouts and decision makers. Which is why Ballard's comment today -- there is no such thing as a perfect prospect -- is so important to remember. I'm not against the team identifying a guy they really want and going up to get him, but I hope they're not just doing it with stars in their eyes.
  18. Would Cincy have made the SB without taking Chase at #5. I got the answer, and it is easy, it is a FAT NO. They would have never got by KC as great as Burrow is. Giving up next years 1st round pick isn't the end of the world to land a generational WR. We still have picks in rounds 2-7 if we did that.
  19. Definitely was, but essentially all of them received the same punishment initially. Just thought it was curious, especially right before the draft. Has to put the CB spot for the Eagles in limbo. Been wondering if Jontay Porter's NBA lifetime ban had any play in the decision. Rodgers did bet on his own team.
  20. sure hope he does we need a game changing pass catcher
  21. Trading away next year's 1st isn't trading the future away. #2, the Colts will give AR at least 2 years to prove himself, even if he stinks next year he isn't going anywhere under a rookie contract. Anyone that can't see trading up for a guy like Marvin just blows my mind in this day and age of how valuable the WR is. Nice correction to my post
  22. His violation was more severe than the players that were re-instated . Maybe he gets an extra 8 games or so ?
  23. LB is like wr and for me and I look at affding to that after the 3rd.
  24. Same thing I said about the LB's, defense was on the field too much because every 3rd and 4-6 yards was a given with play action, no coverage in the middle of the field. Colts defense was gassed in over half of their games in the 4th quarter, even with an 8 man rotation DL.
  25. People I keep going back to Ballard's history and I think the 1st pick is Dline. He traded up for Buckner and a 1st rounder in Paye who's 5th year most likely won't be picked up. I just see a gaping hole at RDE and Ballard preaches the trenches. For this D to work, it's needs a great pass rush. U rush with 4 and will be rotsting a lot. U make the secondary better by improving the rush.
  26. Don't think you want to trade your future away until we are certain that AR is the QB we think he is. If CB would trade our 1st round next year and more and AR is not the guy CB will be looking for a job real soon.
  27. A big part of that is cap management, too, methinks.
  1. Load more activity