Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This. Ballard has already traded a first round pick and got an additional 2nd. He had to trade out of the first round and the 2nd was the following year. I believe it was with Washington. I’m with you. I highly doubt any team will give up their 1st and 2nd or 3rd for the 15th pick.
  3. Today
  4. Yep Love at first sight is a real thing. Congratulations Anthony and Jada.
  5. Christian Gonzalez, who got picked last year at 18 or around there, was defensive rookie of the first month of the season before he got season ending injury. If the evaluation is right, elite players can produce in rookie year. But, Bradley defense demands the CBs to be conservative, ensuring not giving up big plays so not sure their impact can be assessed well. Elite players need to be given some freedom to do their best to get the best out of their instincts.
  6. One prospect that I think fits Bradley's scheme is Cooper Dejean, he had a season ending injury that has limited his ability to test at the combine. I think he screams as a Ballard pick because he has picked multiple players that are coming off injuries and were projected to be higher picks if not injured, then add that he is considered an athletic freak. If he falls into the 2nd I think he could be a perfect pick for the Colts as a free safety or CB.
  7. Since this is a WR surplus my thinking is teams may play this differently than if their was a lack of prospects. I don't completely shut out the draft projections but at the end of the day I know teams have their own criteria and it can often be quite different than what the talking heads think. I'm expecting somebody to be there who we didn't think would be there. For me the only guy I'm crossing off the list of possibility is MHJ.
  8. Some think that Nabers is actually the best WR in this draft class. I don’t think he makes it out the top 10 if I’m being completely honest.
  9. Very excited about the soon to be 36 year old Jackson. I'm surprised he's still available . I probably won't sleep until Ballard pulls the trigger on this one.
  10. Aside from the fact there are only 32 GMs in the NFL. if you can’t handle Ballard as the GM anymore don’t. No one is making you follow or watch the Colts.
  11. He’s from Houston and wanted to go home. It could have been the Raiders, Giants, or any other major city team and he would have still gone home. This was well documented weeks ago and when he signed with the Texans. Why it’s becoming a big controversy here the past couple of days is beyond me.
  12. Whether Ballard said it or not, there's no doubt he took the job because of Andrew Luck. There was very little on the team after Grigson destroyed it that was attractive to a new GM. Ballard thought he could rebuild the team around Luck and it didn't happen that way and he was blindsided. Ballard didn't blame Reich, but it was Reichs fault about not getting a young, franchise QB unless it was Irsay specifically who told Ballard to get Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan in succession. He probably approved it, but those were Reichs ideas. He was hired by Ballard and Ballard gave in. Even a fan knows that a team has a better chance of getting their franchise QB through the draft than FA. Ballard is a snake oil salesman IMO. He sells people on a garbage vision on how he will compete, and it never materializes. It's like those pyramid scheme scammers. You give money and it never works out. In this case, fans spend money on the product and give their time to the team and it never works out, and he never changes his stripes. There's a good chance I don't watch a game this year. I just don't care at this point. I'm basing it on what we do in the draft at this point. Doesn't seem fair, but Ballard always puts that pressure on himself anyway. So if he wants to run it back with the same old team plus the draft, then the draft better be elite and fix the secondary and fill the rest of our depth weaknesses or I have no interest in watching another crapshow of a season. Last three years were brutal for me. I can't handle Ballard as the GM anymore or watching the teams play that are built by him.
  13. First child! One of the best feelings ever is holding your little one for the first time!
  14. Imagine thinking a general manager of a multi billion dollar organization would admit to the key customers (fans) that the qb was the most important position in football, and losing Andrew Luck would be devastating to the franchise’s success. If it wasn’t about one player, then it would’ve been a hell of a lot easier to win paying 3 different guys $20 plus million for the one season they were each year for…
  15. Kareem Jackson From Wikipedia ...2023 On May 15, 2023, Jackson re-signed with the Broncos on another one-year contract. Jackson received a $14,819 fine for an illegal hit on Las Vegas Raiders' wide receiver Jakobi Meyers in their Week 1 game. In a Week 2 loss to the Washington Commanders, he was ejected after an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit against tight end Logan Thomas, resulting in the latter getting a concussion. His hit on Thomas resulted in a $19,669 fine. Jackson received a third fine ($11,473) in as many games for unnecessary roughness in a Week 3 loss to the Miami Dolphins. The league issued him a fine for $43,709, Jackson's fourth for the season, for unnecessary roughness stemming from a late hit on the Thursday Night Football loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Following his second ejection that season in a Week 7 win for a hit on Green Bay Packers' tight end Luke Musgrave ("defenseless receiver"), the NFL suspended Jackson for four games. They reduced the suspension to two games after Jackson appealed. In his first game back from suspension, Jackson made an illegal hit on Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Joshua Dobbs. Despite not being penalized in the game, the NFL clarified that Jackson's hit was illegal due to him lowering the crown of his helmet before the hit and issued him another four-game suspension the next day.The league denied Jackson's appeal for his second suspension, upholding their original four-game sentence. The Broncos waived Jackson on December 25. Houston Texans (second stint) On December 26, 2023, Jackson was claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans. Jackson and head coach DeMeco Ryans were teammates on the Texans during the 2010 and 2011 seasons.
  16. Oh Dear God…. You’re hallucinating, again. I seriously doubt Ballard ever said he took the job for Andrew Luck. It would be un-Ballard-like. Remember, when Frank got the job Ballard said how impressed that Frank interviewed for 5 hours without asking one single question about the health of Luck. And Ballard has never blamed Frank Reich, even when he was fired. Ballard always praised Frank saying the Colts were lucky to have him. Remember, you’re the poster who made a legendary post declaring that Ballard didn’t understand that Luck, as quarterback, was the most important player on the roster simply because Ballard said that the 53rd man was just as important as the first. A flood of posters had to explain to you that Ballard was trying to impress upon all the players toward the bottom of the roster that they are an important part of the team. That what they do can make the difference between winning and losing. (Think Special Teams) You eventually apologized for letting your emotions get the best of you. Im not asking you to like him or agree with him. But your rants are filed with fantasies…. Things that Ballard didn’t say or do. I’d like to at least find agreement on the facts.
  17. FA for Colts fans always ends up like the misfit toys. Always dream about next year..
  18. Apparently Ice Cube offered Clark $5m to join the Big 3 league.
  19. https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/26/colts-free-agency-danielle-hunter-texans-offered-more-money/ Prime example of a player "CHOOSING" to play somewhere else versus come to Naptown. He chose less money to play for Houston. This happens to both of our major franchises, the Pacers and the Colts. This is not a GM issue, this is a culture issue. Indiana is a flyover state and thus most free agents will choose to fly over as well and sign with a franchise in a larger city, larger market. You can say he did it because he likes the Texans chances with Stroud versus the Colts with AR5 - but, big time free agents have skipped the Colts even during the Manning and Luck era's too. Perhaps someday some of you armchair GM's will realize this and stop whining so much about the FO............Polian, Grigson and Ballard alike.
  20. Probably has no offers and is cheap. That's all I can think of.
  21. I can’t believe we actually brought him in. Before Diggs? Makes no sense to me.
  22. Yep. As a Broncos fan I hated him. Absolute scumbag on the field. He headhunts. Don't want him on the Colts.
  1. Load more activity