All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. One other point. The pool is much larger when it comes to pro QBs. The pool is much smaller when it comes to GM choices. I'll say what Ballard has said. When you have more darts to throw at the board you will hit on more picks. I think the same analogy can be used when choosing a GM. There are far fewer darts to throw. How many GMs are in the hall of fame? How many QBs?
  3. Name the decent GMs in the league then if that's true. I bet you could name more decent QBs tha you could decent GMs. And it's funny, because all these decent GMs cant find franchise QBs. It's not that they dont exist. They just dont find them.
  4. We all know it takes the right GM the right Coach and the right QB to be a perennial SB contender. In my opinion it is a lot harder to find the tight Coach and right GM than it is to find the right QB. I feel like it is easier to measure the overall talent and leadership skills of a QB than it is to find a Coach and GM who work well together. A Coach who knows how to lead the entire team well. I voted GM. He has built this team to where everyone can lean on each other unlike we have seen before. Even when Manning was here there was only 1 year I can remember where both offense and defense did really well. And that was 2005 when we were undefeated until we faced Brees and the chargers. Ballard has built the most complete team I have ever seen in the Indy era. And that includes HC. Theres no GM in the league that I have faith could find a good QB like I do with Ballard. In the end i could see him trading 6 draft picks to move up to draft a starting caliber QB. Now I am of the opinion that Tom Brady is a system QB with a great GM/HC. We have seen several NE QBs have success in that system and go elsewhere and have little to no success. Unlike a lot of backups in this league. I'm not saying Brady is mediocre by any means. But he is a system QB nonetheless. My point is, I can see Ballard finding a QB who can fit THIS system. There is nothing wrong with system QBs. After all. Brady has how many rings? Also. I'm taking nothing away from Andrew who I believe is an elite QB. I am just saying having a GM who can assemble a scouting department like we have, coaches, and players like this, is most definitely more important than any QB. Sustained success. I will rejoice when I see Ballard stay here after Andrew retires, because I believe he is just that good. QBs retire a lot sooner than GMs do. In Ballard I trust.
  5. Today
  6. I'd rather call it the "derby" offense. Since we'll have all those fast Thorobreds on the field. Gitty-up! Hey, "Gitty-up" is still better than "build the monster." Edit: . I gave you a hard time (jokingly) about 2,threads (nascar and indy) , i replied, now i realize it should have been in the other thread. Who's the dumb-donkey now? ME ! I crack myself up.
  7. Last season is not a career and no matter what stats are posted no one would put Luck in the top five-no one.
  8. I think much of the O stats will be dependent on the Defense. If the D plays well, our O stats will suffer in a good way. Less passing, less rushing, less everything needed. Less risk taking needed and not as many heroic massive 4th quarter comebacks. If the D suffers, as it could, by being too small in the front 7 and our corner play doesn't go as we hoped, then likely we'll have the fire power to outscore most teams as needed. So having huge O stats isn't always conducive to winning. That is why Brady's numbers have been less impressive and why the Jacksonville QB fooled people as much as he did playing garbage time.
  9. Ssuper Bowl in Miami? Check. Media jumping on our bandwagon finally? Check. Irsay spotted at Bilderberg? We shall see.
  10. I think most of us are thinking Ballard will strike again with this years draft, which is probably wishful thinking. We are also lapping up the 'good dressing room character' philisophy and the 'build from within culture'. Whilst good on paper, we may be getting carried away. But with Luck tucked up our sleeve, it could all just land perfectly. It' s good to dream, is it not.....
  11. The only reason I doubt this logic is that there was a good report out of Cleveland from a reliable reporter that he has one offer of $11M for one year but it’s from a team that isn’t as much of a contender and as such he’s considering other teams and seeing what they’re willing to give. Same source says the offer in Cleveland would be under $10M so he isn’t just seeing his number and signing. If that were true he’d have signed for that $11M on the dotted line as soon as he got it (unless he’s looking for more than $11M which would be rough). He’s smartly shopping around. Trying to find the best mix of team (contender if we believe him wanting to go to a contender) and money so it’ll come down to which “good” team makes him the best offer as such I can see his agent shopping him and playing off the offers. Hell a good agent should do that so again, we may already be out or we may be right in the thick of things behind the scenes he does have ties to a coach on the ravens as well. And has allegedly had them on his short list too. So that Tuesday visit next week will be a key one. Im not optimistic for us but I’m still hopeful that we at least engaged w his agent and have an idea of where things are at continuously
  12. Am I a homer? Yes. Did I say the Colts had the best offseason this year? No. (It's too early to say one way or another) Since we now have the results of this past season to judge last years offseason, is it safe to say that the Colts had the best offseason last year? Yes. (An offseason you were critical of at this time last year) We'll have to see how this season turns out before we decide who had the best offseason this year. (But if you wanna crown the Raiders, then crown 'em )
  13. I hear you. Is there any pitcher you want. CBE wants Chapman back. I like Doolittle but he and Maddon had a little back and forth; so, Maddon may not want him here. He is the Nats closer. I like him a lot.
  14. I know my "Clue" reference was a big hit (haha), how about Sgt Peacock from the Dirty Dozen? And i agree with the excitement about our team speed. On BOTH sides of the ball.
  15. I don’t think Houston ever did visit. I think McCoy has a good reputation around the league so I could see them not needing a visit. Probably will learn more next week.
  16. Interesting theory. I can see that take. He knows we are definite contenders and Chris has the reputation of being fair so that all parties are happy when a deal is reached. I could be wrong but I don't remember Houston taking a visit with us. I remember waking up one day and reading we have signed him. If you're right we still could be in this. Here's hoping.
  17. I was too. Many of us were. We're not alone....
  18. doubt that... if he sees his #, he pulls out the pen. Not call other GM's and say 'can you beat this?' I'd want a visit... medical checkup (Physical) and then, possibly, work him out. Otherwise no deal.
  19. Suh is more versatile and can play many positions on the D line which, IMO, makes him better. But not 'by far'...
  20. I don’t think we would really have to have a visit scheduled. I think both sides already know what they are getting. He could be visiting the browns and ravens because they are probably two teams he could be unsure about if they can win right away.
  21. Suh >>> McCoy by far.
  22. How do you do that? Bench Dak, call in Scott Tolzien and give him QB1? Then send your OC on extended vacay?
  23. 2 years at 19 mil... 1 mil in LTBE incentives (500k / yr).. another 2 mil in ULTBE incentives (reach SB, achieve SB MVP, etc...)
  1. Load more activity