Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We'll have first shot at the second tier of players, IMO. Good in one way, bad in other ways. Unless there is one player being targeted at 15, trading down a few slots gets you the same level of player, IMO.
  3. Honest question, have we gotten any indication that they want to make the defensive playcalling more diverse? In terms of incorporating more man coverage, that is.
  4. If all these players are available then that would definitely give Ballard a reason to trade back a few spots. Since he could still one of them.
  5. I think Q Mitchell will be gone as well. Main reason I’m all for moving up this year. Imo the elite guys at each position will be gone by our selection. We’ll be picking from the 2nd tier of players. Hopefully we can get to #9 somehow. I’d rather have a higher end guy than what might be left.
  6. Ok for the Colts "Cluster" at 15. Ballard will stay put at 15 WR BTJ AD Mitchell CB/Safety Arnold Q Mitchell Dejean Edge Verse Latu Chop Robinson One of these guys will be a Colt tomorrow night.
  7. You speak as if we don't understand how life without Kirk will be. And, you had no clue how it was with Kirk either, which you don't seem to understand even after pointing out (now for 3rd time). You also speak as if Kirk has Vikings at the top of the division, lol The best part of life without Kirk is it will be a step towards getting a permanent franchise QB, because (a) Kirk is not that (b) no use in waiting for a 36-year old to become franchise QB. We'd rather have Darnold and pick closer to top 10 or better rather than paying 40+ million for a finish in draft range of 14 - 25. When you say Vikings had more patience because he was good, you overlook the amount of money he was milking while being slightly above average. Whatever worth Kirk was being better than Wentz, he got paid very well for that too, so that only adds to more frustration about finding a franchise QB. If you pay 40+ million for a QB for average results year after year for 6 years, you'd feel the frustration but at this point you're not able to look from others' perspective so no point in discussing further.
  8. From the postion we pick, I would target Mitchell. He may take a trade up but he is the guy I get with my 1st pick.
  9. Sometimes you have to make moves to set yourself up to be in win now mode. Maybe next yr could be win now mode. If you add some of the pieces this yr. If you just plug away without taking chances how do you get to the win now mode? BTW. I don't expect Ballard to trade up. Nor am I pushing that he does. But there are a couple of real difference makers that are within striking distance this yr. Hopefully we are drafting in the late 20's next yr and wont have this opportunity
  10. For me this is the year to move up in the draft. Why use all seven picks in the draft. They will not all make the roster. Why waive them at cutdown day. Just move up and get better prospects. You could move up more than once possibly.
  11. Cards usually play their best ball in August too. If they are around .500 going into August, they could be a nuisance.
  12. Cards are exactly that. I never, ever count them out. All they need is one good hot streak in the summer and they're right back into the mix. Always seems to happen in July!
  13. Even the Cards can be sneaky good, I agree. I think the Cubs should win the division, not saying that because I am Cubs fan, but they are just better on paper than the other 4 teams. Reds should finish 2nd in a close race with the Brewers. Pirates always start strong but fall off, Cards just scare me because they are the Cards .They are like the Lakers over history, a winning franchise.
  14. Today
  15. Problem is I would prefer the other WR's over Thomas, I just threw him in there to show how talented this WR class is. My guess is the other WR's I mentioned will be gone and I bet money the Jets takes Bowers at 10.
  16. The talk + lack of a player who fits all his criteria, makes me think we don't take CB in R1... and possibly at all... followed with probably adding some vet presence in FA after the draft.
  17. Your fanbase had a little more patience with Cousins because he is good, like I told @NFLfan, wait and see how life without Kirk is. Good luck next season because to be honest they will finish 3rd in their division at best without Kirk. You need good QB play to beat teams like the Lions and Packers. You guys hopefully will take Penix or Nix and not JJ Jones. I like the Vikings and my father was a Vikings fan from 1973-2019 to the day he passed way. So I have spent a lot time invested in the franchise. I can tell you everything about the Vikings regarding what SBs they have went too with Bud Grant, their 1998 team with Moss and Carter, etc..
  18. This is probably the strongest I've seen the Central division in my lifetime. I feel like any of these teams could beat any other team in the country on a good night.
  19. At 15 I see BTJ or AD Mitchell being available. I don't see Ballard trading up. Verse is a possibility too. Q Mitchell as well. So I think that is your "cluster" of players at 15.
  20. Yes, Wentz can't come ever close to Kirk's abilities but that's not my point. You need to re-read what I said, the best way to explain Cousins' issues is to be a fan of his team and experience his play when you're emotionally invested in the franchise's success. That doesn't mean they are comparable. Being much better than Wentz means no big endorsement either. As for the excuses you made for Cousins, I look forward to hearing all the similar excuses from Falcons forums! Gonna be Awesome for a change after past half-decade! I'll say one thing - Colts fans can't handle 1 year of Wentz, including the owner. And half year of Ryan, including the owner. Vikings had shown better patience with Cousins in 6 years, when his first two years ended like Wentz' year with Colts, except for the difference of lot of fantasy stats and highlight reels. You'd again point to how Cousins is so much better than Wentz, and it will be a circular argument - which is why I tried to explain what Superman felt and how it reflects being a fan of Cousins' team.
  21. Regardless of Ballard's talk about the current CB room, I think he's still taking a CB in 1st round
  22. I felt exactly the same as you. Let me ask all those that disagree this question... are the colts a better team due to cutting Rodgers ? Does anyone think that if Rodgers were on the team , it would be a distraction or cause just what problems ? Does anyone really think that Rodgers is going to in anyway "hurt " Philly's team chemistry.
  23. Absolutely driven by agents. That is the one trade up I could live with. This team needs a legit man corner to make this D more diverse. I still say based on Ballard's comments, he is going to stock the D for Gus and give him a chance.
  24. No pick is a guarantee, just ask the Jets (and you can look at a lot of 1st rounders picked before ours who've busted). I'm not trying to defend CB, and I'll give you Hooker. Even though at the time everyone thought it was a steal, but injuries did him in. So what if Buck was a 49ers pick, we got him cheaper than they did as far as draft capital. Bottom line, "First round grade" is subjective and hindsight is... I'll still take CB's draft success over most GMs.
  25. I have said that if the Colts trade up it would be for Mitchell and not wr.
  1. Load more activity