Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark expected to sign with the Bucs

Gavin

Winslow had issues with Cleveland (then again, who wouldn't) and I guess the new coaching staff does not want to deal with him, either. Tampa Bay has such a young team, bringing in a veteran that's used to winning would be a good thing for them!

Bucs are reportedly trying to trade Winslow and are expected to sign Dallas Clark, thoughts? maybe this has to do with an attitude issue? cause Winslow is talented, as well as younger

I can't see any other reason but are you sure they're trading Winslow as well?

To bring in Clark for a workout could mean a couple different things. Clark could be brought in for veteran leadership, something that "the soldier" never seemed to do in his NFL tenure. They also could be using him (Clark) as a scare tactic to let Winslow know that they have other options and if you do not want to be a leader than we will bring one in.

I am a huge Dallas Clark fan and always have been. I hope he finds a job somewhere in the NFL. I was wondering why he was released from the word Go. Was he too injury prone for upper management to take another chance on him? Was his contract really that high to make room for the salary cap? Did he voice an opinion about Peyton's possible leaving of the team and they decided to get rid of him for saying something?

Clark to Tampa would really help Freeman become a better QB. His hands are so much better than KW3 but will he be able to learn a new system and be effective from the start of the new season?

I must say that Tampa provides an intriguing fit & unexpected landing spot for Dallas. New HC, the organization spent a ton of money on a few free agent players, & Clark would be a good role model for TE's & WR's on their squad concerning how to stay motivated & play playoff football in a tough division.

It will be interesting to see how much time Clark suits up on the field. Is the contract longer than 1 year?

I hope the Bucs win the South. I guess really, I hope any team wins it but the Saints.

You can say that again The Peytonator. Yes, not every player on the Saints roster engaged in direct pay for punishment financial purses of course, but this squad was warned 3 times by the NFL headquarters and they chose to ignore it and carry on like business as usual. Karma has a way of settling the score.

Us against the world mentality won't work vs. organizational arrogance and audacity IMO. Have fun storming the castle...All by yourself [New Orleans Saints players and coaches] without QB Drew Brees at the field general helm fellas. haha:lol:

Dallas to TB. Winslow to Seattle. Pretty interesting moves.

I hope he does well down there. Without seeing the contract I'm assuming they are bringing him in solely as a quality locker room guy to help that young team. I can't imagine they are bringing him in to produce. Not after letting Winslow go. I'd like to see TB justification on letting Winslow go, but signing VJax as a FA? Seems odd.

There's a video on Twitter that shows Dallas practicing with the Bucs. He made another one of his amazing, impossible one handed grabs that looks like Dallas of old. I'm happy for him that he gets a chance to continue to play, but in that moment, ugh....it's gonna be hard not seeing him in the blue and white next year.

Hey Colts fans. I have watched Dallas Clark over the years and always thought that he was a great TE. I think that the Bucs signing him is a great move for his experience at such a high level with the Super Bowl, all of his years with Peyton, his leadership, and his character. I have to wonder though, what is the fans take on losing someone of his caliber? Did you guys see some drop off from Dallas other than the injuries and of course Peytons injury? I know with Kellen Winslow he was dropping passes, and running lazy routes at the end of last year. A lot of Freeman's picks came when trying to force passes to Winslow because he couldn't get open.

Hey Colts fans. I have watched Dallas Clark over the years and always thought that he was a great TE. I think that the Bucs signing him is a great move for his experience at such a high level with the Super Bowl, all of his years with Peyton, his leadership, and his character. I have to wonder though, what is the fans take on losing someone of his caliber? Did you guys see some drop off from Dallas other than the injuries and of course Peytons injury? I know with Kellen Winslow he was dropping passes, and running lazy routes at the end of last year. A lot of Freeman's picks came when trying to force passes to Winslow because he couldn't get open.

It's hard to say because of all the injuries, but Clark right now is almost certainly better than Winslow right now. With Clark, you get a guy who is a hard worker and won't give up on plays whereas, from what you're describing, it sounds like Winslow dogged it at times. Both guys are talented, so it comes down to who works harder and that goes to Clark. With all that said, I think Clark will only help the team and if I had a choice between Clark and Winslow, I would take Clark despite his injury history. As long as you don't break the bank on him, he will be a good addition. Just don't expect him to do superb as a blocker. Not only does he help you on the field, he also helps as a leader in the locker room, which is great for a rookie head coach and a young QB. Overall, I'd say it was a good signing as long as they didn't empty the wallet to get him.

21isSuperman I can definitely see the leadership. As far as the blocking, no big loss, Winslow wasnt a blocker either, unless you consider a swinging door blocking. Freeman likes to check down and throw intermediate to short routes to his tight ends. So with VJax as a true #1 receiver, which the Bucs havent had since Keyshawn Johnson, I can certainly see the tight ends becoming great 2nd and 3rd options. So Clark can expect to see the ball a lot from Freeman. Tampa fans love hard nosed tough guys like I see Clark as. Think Mike Alstott, Derrick Brooks and John Lynch. So you can certainly look forward to hearing some "Dallas" chants if you get to watch any of the Bucs games this year. Thanks for the insight.

Hard to tell, he was clearly not his old self last year. Maybe that could be still recovering from what was a very mysterious wrist injury. He still has the speed and the savvy, but last year he dropped all kinds of passes and had fumbling issues that were very uncommon for him. Hope it was just the injury and that he's healed now.

Dallas was one of my favorite Colts so I hope he gets back to doing big things for the Bucs.

Congratulations BucsFan on acquiring TE Dallas Clark on your Tampa Bay squad!!!

Our Colts regime is undergoing an almost total resurrection/rebuilding phase & Dallas was a casualty of veteran roster cuts in favor of defensive girth, youth, & offensive speed. I'm curious to see how much time Clark is actually on the field. His experience is tremendous, not to mention his ability to beat coverage & get open. Unlike Winslow, Clark is crisp, fluid, & precise in running all his routes. He's not a blocking TE though as 21isSuperman mentioned earlier.

Josh Freeman is a very good QB IMO & he will come to view Dallas Clark as a clutch security blanket when he needs a 3rd & long conversion just like Peyton Manning always used him to move the chains in a must win game. :thmup:

Congratulations to Dallas Clark. I was hoping he would get signed, but figured it would be a lot sooner. The Winslow trade is perplexing to me... If they had both Clark and Winslow that would be a pretty formidable set of TE's, and one could learn from the other.

By the 33yr old, or the 28yr who "dogs it" who has 50 less career yards, more career catches, in 31 less games?

Probably both, but the Bucs sucked hard last year and probably want to get rid of all malcontents. Clark will show some fellow Colts fans he's not a joke.

By the 33yr old, or the 28yr who "dogs it" who has 50 less career yards, more career catches, in 31 less games?

I'll take the TE that has twice as many TDs, since you want to talk about production.

Although that really doesn't matter. It's a moot point since Clark is the better TE overall.

You can say that again The Peytonator. Yes, not every player on the Saints roster engaged in direct pay for punishment financial purses of course, but this squad was warned 3 times by the NFL headquarters and they chose to ignore it and carry on like business as usual. Karma has a way of settling the score.

Us against the world mentality won't work vs. organizational arrogance and audacity IMO. Have fun storming the castle...All by yourself [New Orleans Saints players and coaches] without QB Drew Brees at the field general helm fellas. haha:lol:

Yeah this 'Us against the world' thing they have going.....just doesn't work with me.

Jonathon Vilma suing the commish? WTH is that all about? I haven't been following it too closely, but it rates up there with the kind of people that try to sue somebody, when they stub their toe whilst breaking into someone else's house. Doesn't quite add up.

I'll take the TE that has twice as many TDs, since you want to talk about production.

Although that really doesn't matter. It's a moot point since Clark is the better TE overall.

Yea Clark has more TDs, which probably had nothing to do with the offense he was on or the QB who was throwing to him.....you can say Clark is a better overall TE all you want, but I'm fairly certain once Winslow reaches Clarks age And games played it won't even be a discussion. Winslow already has him on everything else....Clark was an awesome player FOR THE COLTS, for about 3 years, but his significance is vastly overrated.

Yea Clark has more TDs, which probably had nothing to do with the offense he was on or the QB who was throwing to him.....you can say Clark is a better overall TE all you want, but I'm fairly certain once Winslow reaches Clarks age And games played it won't even be a discussion. Winslow already has him on everything else....Clark was an awesome player FOR THE COLTS, for about 3 years, but his significance is vastly overrated.

I'd say Jacob Tamme's significance was vastly overrated when he had to sub for Clark. Not many TEs in this league demanded the kind of attention and game planning that Clark did. His blocking sucked, but when it came to creating yards after catch, running down the seam, and causing defensive mismatches, Winslow has never been in Clark's league. I will say though, at this point in their careers, Winslow would probably be the guy I'd go with. But I do think Clark still has a couple good years left.

I must say that Tampa provides an intriguing fit & unexpected landing spot for Dallas. New HC, the organization spent a ton of money on a few free agent players, & Clark would be a good role model for TE's & WR's on their squad concerning how to stay motivated & play playoff football in a tough division.

It will be interesting to see how much time Clark suits up on the field. Is the contract longer than 1 year?

nope, just a one year deal.... those lucky Bucs!!!!! I will miss Clark! prior to his wrist injury in 2010 he was a fantastic TE. He always remained positive after his injury too! One of the good guys!