Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Works Out For Ravens [Merge]

BuildtheMonster1285

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was good friends with Curtis Painter. We played Madden 2012 together. He always played as the Colts and subbed himself in at starter. I told him that's insulting to a HoF player, but he told me to shut up. We ceased our friendship after that, but he still calls sometimes to apologize. Something about him not having any friends.

I heard he was hired to be one of the guys that holds the going out of business signs along the road.....

.....however, he kept dropping the sign so they had to let him go.

I'd imagine Painter would have a tough time being a good QB in the CFL, Arena League or even the women's professional football league.

Why even go through the motions here? What's next Tim Tebow? Or better yet how about the Ravens bring in Stevie Wonder as a backup QB?

My how the not so mighty have fallen even further...Painter is no NFL season salvage savior I can tell you that right now.

Painter has some skills but there was no hope for him to try to run that offense we had. No hope. He may be a decent back up in the right system. He was awful for us but he could be terribly adequate for them. Hope he makes a team for his family's sake.

Painter has some skills but there was no hope for him to try to run that offense we had. No hope. He may be a decent back up in the right system. He was awful for us but he could be terribly adequate for them. Hope he makes a team for his family's sake.

Thanks, man.

Nice respectful posts, Colt fans. I could see the negativity if the guy didnt try, or was busted for beating his wife, or drug abuse/dealing, but we are kicking a guy when he tried as hard as he could. Not once did he say anything bad against the fans even though they made him the punching bag last season. Reality?...he has a heck of lot more class than most of the posters here.

Nice respectful posts, Colt fans. I could see the negativity if the guy didnt try, or was busted for beating his wife, or drug abuse/dealing, but we are kicking a guy when he tried as hard as he could. Not once did he say anything bad against the fans even though they made him the punching bag last season. Reality?...he has a heck of lot more class than most of the posters here.

As the Joker said, "Why so serious?"

But really, come on, they are obviously joking. His QB play was about as poor as I've ever seen. He had his chance with us. I wish him good luck. Maybe he'll turn it around someday. Just stay away from the Colts. lol

Chillax, amigo. People have their right to post their opinions. No one said anything about the guy as a person... just that he stunk it up as a QB in the NFL. His stats prove that and anyone that watched him play last season saw it.

Don't take things so personal.... get off your high-WARHORSE! BAHAHAHAHA!

I gave Painter every chance to prove something. Even Bill Polian admits he is no longer with the Colts because he did not have a backup QB. I like both the funny posts and the serious one's here, but if we had a backup QB last year, Peyton would be behind center this year....and that is a fact!

I gave Painter every chance to prove something. Even Bill Polian admits he is no longer with the Colts because he did not have a backup QB. I like both the funny posts and the serious one's here, but if we had a backup QB last year, Peyton would be behind center this year....and that is a fact!

I agree!

I agree!

Thank you! I love the Colts and I love Peyton Manning. I will never forget when Bill Parcells stated "With Peyton Manning out, it gives the Colts an excuse to lose." I cringed when he said it....and when we were 0-13 with horrific back-up quarterback play i remembered how prophetic that statement was.

I thought Orlovsky should have been the backup at the beginning, but then again nobody thought THE MAN would be out for the entire year.

As for Painter's employment...I say good luck, but there is a horse styling salon in Kentucky called "Mane Clips." He can either work there or get a haircut. :)

Edited by BrentMc11

This isn't peewee football, guy. NFL players don't get effort points. He was a terrible QB for us, so posters are making fun of him for that. I see nothing wrong with that.

Feels like we all have to tiptoe around these forums now that we're a losing team.

Ok seriously. I am a Colts as well as a Purdue fan but I still don't understand why any team ever took a chance on Painter. I mean he was benched for most his senior year because he wasn't good enough at Purdue. I was under the impression that only the best college players made it to the NFL.