Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Goodbye Peyton, And Thanks!

BleedingBlue

I'd like to extend my appreciation to Peyton Manning for all the great years of comebacks and Playoff runs.

After 30 years of being a fan of a faltering franchise, you came and turned it into the classiest organization in Football, with your optimism, attention to detail and tremendous work ethic.

You are a class act. I hope that many realize what they are losing today.

A sad sad day in not only the NFL, Colts franchise, but in history itself.

Amen to that, you will be missed Peyton. All my sacred Peyton Manning memorabilia will still remain high on my wall and on the shelves reminding daily me of what you've done for this franchise, the city, the children and citizens of Indianapolis.

I'll keep my PM memorabilia proudly displayed, too.

That was a thank you thread. This is a goodbye and thank you thread. completely different :D

J/K I am sorry, the forums were down and it took a long time to make this post. perhaps the threads were made simultaneously.

Ah, yeah I know what you mean. I couldn't refresh the page until about 10 minutes after the news conference was over. :)

Growing up in Tennessee in the 80's and 90's, most folks cared more about college football than pro. I've bled orange my whole life...and watched Peyton play for my beloved Tennessee Volunteers. Peyton is completely responsible for getting me into professional football and now the only thing I love more than football season is my wife and family. Peyton introduced me to a team that has been so imporant to me for the last 14 years and I can't wait to see where we go from here. I will always love Peyton and will cheer for him wherever he goes, but I'm glad to be a Colts fan now and forever more.

Thank you for everything Peyton.

Titans Fan Here,

I just want to say, I as a Titans fan disliked Peyton Manning. Not because of the person he was but because of the player he was against our team. I will however say this, as I have always said it, "Peyton Manning," is by far the best QB ever. He is a class player, that has always given his 110%. His departure really sadenned me, because he is very loyal to you the fans. Being a fan of a team you see players, "come and go." When players leave it is really not much impact, but when you see a player that has dedicated his entire professional career to your team, and recognizes you as fans, "WOW!" I had so much respect for Peyton, but now, He has really touched a special place in my heart. He is withouth a doubt "The Best QB."

And to Peyton, if you read this, "I don't appreciate the spankings you gave us." But, "Thank you for doing it in a modest and classy way. May God Bless you and your future."

Titans Fan,