Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

(Replacement Refs) Roger Goodell Can You Hear The NFL Players And Fans Now? (merge)

southwest1

Okay enough already NFL Commissioner, if you repeatedly talk about protecting the shield, preserving the integrity of the game, and player safety from serious concussions and bodily harm; isn't it time to hammer out a deal with the regular zebras and why not make them a full time position while your at it too? NFL owners and players can legally negotiate for a pension program and a reasonable salary for their talents and expertise, but referees can't really? I thought the NFL was almost a 10 billion dollar industry annually enjoying a record height in publicity. Are you trying to plead that your lucrative business is broke and teetering on bankruptcy too? Nice try...Care to issue a retraction or clarification on that "player safety" motto Mr. Goodell?

The players are getting fed up with poor referee calls, no calls, and a stunning silence on the issue of player safety too. Just ask Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis...

The NFL has issued it's own statement on the progress of the substitute referees, but no one else is satisfied with what they are actually witnessing themselves, especially the fans.

http://profootballta...ming-admirably/

Hall Of Fame 49ers QB Steve Young offered his opinion on the zebra situation too. Goodell on safety seems to be a modern day Marie Antoinette in Steve's eyes as well.

http://www.huffingto...m_hp_ref=sports

End this absurd charade now please Mr. Commissioner and please bring back the familiar zebras that we all know can call a much more accurate game safely and in a timely fashion--3 hours not 4 hours and an eternity.

Feel free to leave your thoughts accordingly. Thank you.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wanted to like your post southwest..but i'm out of likes for the day..

I saw something from ESPN earlier on this. I think it was Cris Carter saying the NFL doesn't care, as long as people keep coming, watching and supporting their teams. People are still going to come and watch even with the replacement refs, so he said the nfl doesn't care,

Personally, I think Goodell and the rest of the NFL are just a bunch of lying, money hungry elitists (had to use a nicer term)..that only care for themselves. They are too blinded to see that they are ruining the greatest sport in the world.

I wish all the teams next week would boycott the games until the regular refs are paid and hired full-time. Its their health and safety, not to mention jobs on the line..;not the NFL hierarchy.

Players on both sides, in all games, are back-talking officials with zero fear of authority because the owners have locked out regular officials during this labor dispute. The frequent postwhistle temper tantrums between teams have created the unruliness of a high school lunch period monitored by a substitute teacher.

"The type of football we're seeing now is not the type of football we normally see. There's too many breakdowns in the pace of the game. There's too much uncertainty going on. There's too much pushing and shoving at the end of the play. To me, it's an element of the players not respecting the people out there. They think they can get away with things they wouldn't have gotten away with with the regular guys."

"I don't feel sorry. I feel sad," Pereira said. "It's not fair to the fans. It's not fair for players. It's not fair to the coaches. And it's not fair to these (replacement officials). They're getting abused, and yet they're doing the best they can. They have zero experience at this level, and the expectations put upon them are just not fair. I'm sad for everyone connected with the game right now."

re:Some NFL players take advantage of replacement officials - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz26uMQz3ui

another article By CBS

Replacement officials starting to raise risks but NFL remains unmoved

Philadelphia's LeSean McCoy told WIP radio in Philadelphia that a replacement official told him during their game: "McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy" team

• The official wearing Saints garb on his Facebook page was pulled from officiating the New Orleans game.

Officials that worked Seattle practices -– and were paid by the Seahawks -- officiated a Seahawks game, which is a clear conflict of interest.

On Monday night, officials failed to properly stop a 6-minute skirmish during the Atlanta-Denver game. During that game, three calls were overturned on replay in the first half alone. There were 18 total penalties.

• Replacement officials lost control of the Baltimore-Philadelphia game and stopped the clock twice for the 2-minute warning.

That game, as well as others, demonstrated how players are increasingly taking advantage of the replacements.

"During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him," McCoy said. "Don't you know (the ref) started stuttering? I'm like, 'What's this?'"

The biggest problem remains the officials don't know the rules, and since they do not know them, this interrupts the flow of the game.

When will the replacements be replaced by the real officials? It still may be some weeks. No negotiations are scheduled at the moment and none are expected any time soon.

After this weekend's catastrophes the (NFLRA's) phones should have been ringing off the hook (Tuesday) morning. Paul (former commissioner Paul Tagliabue) wouldn't have ever let it come to this. Under Roger (Goodell), the owners have become arrogant, power-crazed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20223122/replacement-officials-starting-to-raise-risks-but-nfl-remains-unmoved

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 19, 2012 - message to moderation
Hidden by Nadine, September 19, 2012 - message to moderation

I just saw the topic below, if u feel my topic should be under this & I can see why myself please merge, both topics about the refs, sorry & Note the below one was posted first

Roger Goodell Can You Hear The NFL Players And Fans Now?

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/10783-roger-goodell-can-you-hear-the-nfl-players-and-fans-now/

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 19, 2012 - not needed
Hidden by Nadine, September 19, 2012 - not needed

RE YOUR REFS TOPIC

I didnt see this topic and posted the below topic with also another article by CBS as well showing stuff like I ref in Eagle game told MCoy to come on as he was on his fantasy team, other examples of abuse / conflicts etc

I Commented then to refs to merge mine into yours

Mike Pereira, the former vice president of NFL officiating, now a Fox analyst Discussing the Replacement refs

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/10785-mike-pereira-the-former-vice-president-of-nfl-officiating-now-a-fox-analyst-discussing-the-replacement-refs/

How many of the winning teams are crying about replacement refs? Poor poor Ray!

YES the administration of the game was not that smooth this past week, but the calls were correct in the end for the most part and IMO not any worse than what the regs did! I would guess that the administration of the games will improve as the replacements learn the system.

I have seen no instance of a replacement ref causing any health issue for a player ... and of course Pereira, friend to those guys shut out is going to be crying for them to come back! The media is, well the media - they create stories these days much more often than they simply report them.

I saw something from ESPN earlier on this. I think it was Cris Carter saying the NFL doesn't care, as long as people keep coming, watching and supporting their teams. People are still going to come and watch even with the replacement refs, so he said the nfl doesn't care,

Personally, I think Goodell and the rest of the NFL are just a bunch of lying, money hungry elitists (had to use a nicer term)..that only care for themselves. They are too blinded to see that they are ruining the greatest sport in the world.

I wish all the teams next week would boycott the games until the regular refs are paid and hired full-time. Its their health and safety, not to mention jobs on the line..;not the NFL hierarchy.

This is how I feel about the NHL commish, Gary Bettman right now too! it's gotten ridiculous in both sports.

This seems to be the general consensus of Players, former players and commentators. I know I heard Steve Young making that same comment as well.........

From USA Today sports:"The league offered to add $1 million annually to total compensation over seven years, but that offer was contingent on officials freezing and terminating the current defined-benefit pension plan and moving immediately to a 401(k) plan that 14 of 32 teams have for their employees, union officials said.

In Tuesday's open letter, Millis says the most significant hurdle to any settlement is that the league seeks to reduce that defined-benefit pension package promised to veteran officials "by some 60% and at the same time transfer long-term investment risk to the individuals (each official).''

The NFLRA has offered to "grandfather'' the defined-benefit pension plan and reduce their overall compensation by $1 million over five years, if the league would agree to negotiate on keeping the existing retirement-benefits package for veteran officials."

If I understand this the refs can take either a crappy 401K plan for a pension and keep current compensation or they can take reduced compensation to keep their current pension plan.. Either way, I can see why the NFLRA is unhappy. It's a unfair offer NFL, really this is ridiculous!

Thank you Colt 4 Life, Gramz, Bayone, MIColtsFan, Hawkeyes, and Broncolt for reading, liking, and or responding to this post.

Here's an interesting article from USA Today about whether or not poor officiating could lead to diminished TV fan viewing overall.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/story/2012/09/18/nfl-ratings-bulletproof-even-with-replacement-refs/57803444/1

Amateur zebras allow disputes on the field to mushroom, escalate, and overflow too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/replacement-refs-monday-night-football-falcons-nfl_n_1892281.html

From "ESPN Take", "Replacement Refs A Disaster?" 8/30/2012

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8317010

I think the Vikes/Colts game was a good example of what to do if the players dare the refs to throw a flag, the refs should just keep throwing flags, even if it seems excessive. Dare the players to try and get away with things. Better yet, start ejecting players.

How i do wish the real refs were back at work beginning this sunday. OTOH, the hard stance tells me the NFL isn't going to budge. So, they must have plans in place. What are they? Hope these replacements learn OJT and 'get it' while under fire? Or, will they (can they?) recruit new officials the best from top college divisions and give them new Permanent status for next season? Something smells in the air...

This is stupid, it's like buying luxury car , then giving it minimum auto insurance, using the cheapest oil, and running it on cheap tires.

Excellent point Joker!

Your example above beautifully illustrates the blatant hypocrisy of the NFL owners and Roger Goodell, who is paid by all 32 football franchises to do their biding. We care about the integrity and safety of the game, but we don't think either the fans or the players are worthy of having the best officials for their protection and the enjoyment of the game experience overall. Really? NFL players and owners can negotiate for reasonable wage increases, medical benefits, and a decent pension plan but zebras are forbidden from doing so?

Hmmm...double standards usually demolishes any form of transparency dead in it's tracks. What are you so afraid of Roger? Another public relations nightmare for your precious NFL shield? Isn't the Saints Bounty Scandal mishandling of evidence enough for one calendar year? Talk about foreshadowing the NFL's own demise and diminished stronghold Mr. Goodell. Not a wise move at all IMO. :facepalm:

Thank you Colt 4 Life, Gramz, Bayone, MIColtsFan, Hawkeyes, and Broncolt for reading, liking, and or responding to this post.

\

i actually had 2 posts , my first comment was a post titled former head of officiating, mike piera , now a fox analyst speaks out, then added my comment with cbs article, then saw yours, sent pm to moderator saying u came first & just saw it , & please merge mine into yours, also asked same in mine and put apology in yours,

soon got pm back saying the Mod took my suggestion and merged & deleted my apolgy to u for seemingly trying to supplant u with another post in both my & your comments

I have a tendancy at times to Rush and not realize a post by another name is basically the same and all inclusive

Thats why at head of yours is ( Replacement Refs ) as my comment apolgy / PM started with such

If ever i duplicate and dont catch, please excuse

You guys need to read this:

http://sports.yahoo....58559--nfl.html

It states:

We reported two conflict-of-interest stories regarding replacement officials in the last few days. There was the case of former Pac-12 official Jeff Sardorus, who worked the Arizona Cardinals' season-opening win over the Seattle Seahawks despite the fact that he was reportedly paid by the Seahawks in each of the three previous years to officiate in-season practices.

Then, there was the case of side judge Brian Stropolo, who was actually flown in to help call the Week 2 game between the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers despite the fact that Stropolo's Facebook page had pictures of him in Saints fan gear and tailgating at a Saints preseason game -- after he was hired by the NFL. Stropolo was pulled from the assignment while he was on the field pregame, and he would have likely called the game had ESPN not told the NFL about Stropolo's Facebook page.

Now, we have another conflict case -- and if this one is true, it's a major stab at the integrity of the game. On Monday, Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy was talking with Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese of Philly's 94WIP radio when the subject of replacement officials came up.

"During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis pump his chest up, trying to scare him. Don't you know [the ref] started stuttering? I'm like, 'what's this?!'"

Well, most people would stutter if Ray Lewis was in their face. McCoy then had a more disturbing reveation.

"They're like fans. I'll be honest, they're like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, [and said], 'McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy [team],' Uhhh, what?"

It's not known who the official was, or if the official was joking, but even the appearance of this kind of impropriety is absolutely ridiculous. The NFL used to have a strict policy against any sort of wagering among its officials for this exact reason; nobody wants the specter of a crooked game hanging over the league's head. Nobody wants an NFL version of Tim Donaghy.

"Gambling is an unacceptable activity for Game Officials in the National Football League," the league's collective bargaining agreement states. "Such activity constitutes conduct detrimental to the integrity of, and public trust in, the NFL. Because it is the responsibility of the Game Officials to ensure the fairness of NFL play, including the complete confidence of the fans in the legitimacy of the game, it is critical that NFL Game Officials maintain the appearance of the highest ethical conduct."

But in its rush to replace the officials it locked out, the NFL hasn't been very strong in the vetting process. Replacement official Shannon Eastin was a contestant in the 2007 World Series of Poker, a fact that the league brushed aside. We can't wait to see the NFL try and throw dirt on this story if it's true.

It states:

We reported two conflict-of-interest stories regarding replacement officials in the last few days. There was the case of former Pac-12 official Jeff Sardorus, who worked the Arizona Cardinals' season-opening win over the Seattle Seahawks despite the fact that he was reportedly paid by the Seahawks in each of the three previous years to officiate in-season practices.

Then, there was the case of side judge Brian Stropolo, who was actually flown in to help call the Week 2 game between the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers despite the fact that Stropolo's Facebook page had pictures of him in Saints fan gear and tailgating at a Saints preseason game -- after he was hired by the NFL. Stropolo was pulled from the assignment while he was on the field pregame, and he would have likely called the game had ESPN not told the NFL about Stropolo's Facebook page.

Now, we have another conflict case -- and if this one is true, it's a major stab at the integrity of the game. On Monday, Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy was talking with Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese of Philly's 94WIP radio when the subject of replacement officials came up.

"During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis pump his chest up, trying to scare him. Don't you know [the ref] started stuttering? I'm like, 'what's this?!'"

Well, most people would stutter if Ray Lewis was in their face. McCoy then had a more disturbing reveation.

"They're like fans. I'll be honest, they're like fans.
One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, [and said], 'McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy [team],' Uhhh, what?"

It's not known who the official was, or if the official was joking, but even the appearance of this kind of impropriety is absolutely ridiculous. The NFL used to have a strict policy against any sort of wagering among its officials for this exact reason; nobody wants the specter of a crooked game hanging over the league's head. Nobody wants an NFL version of Tim Donaghy.

"Gambling is an unacceptable activity for Game Officials in the National Football League," the league's collective bargaining agreement states. "Such activity constitutes conduct detrimental to the integrity of, and public trust in, the NFL. Because it is the responsibility of the Game Officials to ensure the fairness of NFL play, including the complete confidence of the fans in the legitimacy of the game, it is critical that NFL Game Officials maintain the appearance of the highest ethical conduct."

But in its rush to replace the officials it locked out, the NFL hasn't been very strong in the vetting process. Replacement official Shannon Eastin was a contestant in the 2007 World Series of Poker, a fact that the league brushed aside. We can't wait to see the NFL try and throw dirt on this story if it's true.

This is some great material you posted on gambling, zebras, fantasy football, and violating the integrity of the game Chad. Wow!!! The text I bolded in red makes me furious!!!

Not to mix sports, but Pete Rose can't get into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Coopers Town as a result of gambling, but the NFL is okay with fantasy football gambling banter among zebras and players.

This is I-N-S-A-N-E!!!

i actually had 2 posts , my first comment was a post titled former head of officiating, mike piera , PM started with such If ever i duplicate and dont catch, please excuse

No worries Barry. I should apologize to you for trampling on your original idea/topic in the first place. We are friends and I could never be upset with you buddy!!! No harm done. Great minds simply think alike. That's how I read the situation. :thmup::lol: We are perfectly fine.

No worries Barry. I should apologize to you for trampling on your original idea/topic in the first place. We are friends and I could never be upset with you buddy!!! No harm done. Great minds simply think alike. That's how I read the situation. :thmup::lol: We are perfectly fine.

If remember right when I was saying such in a comment yesteryear u gave me a like, appreciate that

Anyway, knew wouldnt be a problem of I didnt mention it, but sometimes that rushing of mine to get tro other things makes me post to fast as I said

This is some great material you posted on gambling, zebras, fantasy football, and violating the integrity of the game Chad. Wow!!! The text I bolded in red makes me furious!!!

Not to mix sports, but Pete Rose can't get into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Coopers Town as a result of gambling, but the NFL is okay with fantasy football gambling banter among zebras and players.

This is I-N-S-A-N-E!!!

wow, brings up a whole new set of concerns I had not thought of! I wasn't worried in August when this came up, but I failed to realize how bad the officiating could be... whoa!

It states:

"They're like fans. I'll be honest, they're like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, [and said], 'McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy [team],' Uhhh, what?"

SEE MY # Comment Its # 4 in thread , had this on McCoy & Seaatle, Ray pumping his chest & stuttering remark, etc its all there

But good to see it again, u got it from another source from way article reads so it reinforced sources

Lets say he wants to win the fantasy & has $ on it, does he subconsciously spot the ball on a Run by McCoy for that first down , even if not on purpose & not enough evidence to overule

I started a thread with video after video of the refs making stupid calls, and it has only gotten worse. I don't understand how Mr. Goodell hasn't decided to give these officials what they are asking for... If we have competent officials it makes the game better and/or safer for everyone involved. These are not tiny mistakes.

I started a thread with video after video of the refs making stupid calls, and it has only gotten worse. I don't understand how Mr. Goodell hasn't decided to give these officials what they are asking for... If we have competent officials it makes the game better and/or safer for everyone involved. These are not tiny mistakes.

I have seen that thread too. A very good thread too Gandalf! Exactly, these are glaring mistakes. Just wait until a team gets knocked out of the Playoffs as a result of a pathetic call or a no call that an entire stadium audience can see as clear as day. Wait until a head coach gets fired for failing to make the Playoffs, when amateur zebra analysis neglects to verify that this freshly fired coach actually did make the Playoffs. Not a pretty picture is it? :hmm: :eek::beg:-omg-

Just to play Devil's advocate here:

During the course of an NFL season, there are many many many questionable calls made. There have been more now in my opinion because of the replacement refs, but even the regular refs will get things wrong commonly. Now, when the regular refs are here, people won't complain because they are the regular refs. But since it is now replacement refs, people want to blame them for everything. I'm not saying this is the truth of the situation or even that I believe in this, but is it possible that people are blaming the refs more simply because they are replacement refs?

During the course of an NFL season, there are many many many questionable calls made. There have been more now in my opinion because of the replacement refs, but even the regular refs will get things wrong commonly. Now, when the regular refs are here, people won't complain because they are the regular refs. But since it is now replacement refs, people want to blame them for everything. I'm not saying this is the truth of the situation or even that I believe in this, but is it possible that people are blaming the refs more simply because they are replacement refs?

Agree with most of what you are saying, and fully realizing they are doing the best to "their" ability, yet, some are clearly not fully trained and/or knowledgeable about the NFL rules, etc. It is plain to see, missed calls, wrong calls etc.. are happening in most every game.

Agree with most of what you are saying, and fully realizing they are doing the best to "their" ability, yet, some are clearly not fully trained and/or knowledgeable about the NFL rules, etc. It is plain to see, missed calls, wrong calls etc.. are happening in most every game.

I agree. There are some calls that are brutal. But I think people are making it a bigger deal than it is. That's not to say it isn't a big deal, but it seems like every time a team loses, they say it was because calls didn't go their way.

Experience matters plain and simple. Do you let amateurs run a nuclear power plant? Do you let airplane enthusiasts fly F-14's, 727's, and 747's too? Yes, even experienced zebras miss calls or misinterpret calls...The Tuck Rule comes to mind. It really boils down to your definition of what being a professional really means and what value the league places on credentials, safety, and cost benefit analysis.

Professional: Showing an exceptionally high degree of skill and masterful competence in an occupation that mandates years of specialization and hands on training. Typically, you are a certified and qualified expert in a field by completing scholarly study or a rigorous apprenticeship program involving a precise duration of years or allotted time frame.

I am disgusted with Roger Goodell for insulting me and what the word professional really means just so filthy rich owners can save a few million dollars. There are plenty of greenbacks to go around and the NFL anti-trust enterprise would never even have to tighten it's fiscal belt at all.

I just want to be clear. I wasn't upset with you 21isSuperman. I love when people flip the coin and play the villain in this scenario.

But, at the end of the day, the owners have emphatically stated: Professionalism is overrated and irrelevant. No other way to slice it. It is what it is.

The minute you begin to devalue something is the is the minute the integrity of that entity, the NFL Shield, begins to die. Or it transforms into something no one can recognize anymore.

I just want to be clear. I wasn't upset with you 21isSuperman. I love when people flip the coin and play the villain in this scenario.

But, at the end of the day, the owners have emphatically stated: Professionalism is overrated and irrelevant. No other way to slice it. It is what it is.

The minute you begin to devalue something is the is the minute the integrity of that entity, the NFL Shield, begins to die. Or it transforms into something no one can recognize anymore.

haha no worries, I knew you weren't upset with me. I agree with you fully. It's terrible how they are letting replacement refs determine the outcome of plays and games when the billionaire owners and the $9 billion industry that is the NFL can't find a way to keep their refs happy. Many of the business things Goodell has done, I have disagreed with.

I found it fascinating to watch Steve Young and Trent Dilfer argue about the referee lockout Monday night. Steve kept saying "it doesn't matter" and Trent kept asking "how do we solve this problem and get the regular zebras back?"

The owners have all the leverage here unless fans get so upset at poor officiating and decide to leave the NFL in mass exodus and droves, but the vendors who sell food and merchandise are dependant on the NFL for their livelihood and once again the owners and Roger Goodell win.

Unless a player gets critically injured on the field as a result of a no call and the public outcry dictates a massive upheaval or change in direct correlation to the catastrophic injury acquired on the job. That's the only way I see to break this stalemate or gridlock IMO. Naturally, I never wanna see this reality transpire.

haha no worries, I knew you weren't upset with me. I agree with you fully. It's terrible how they are letting replacement refs determine the outcome of plays and games when the billionaire owners and the $9 billion industry that is the NFL can't find a way to keep their refs happy. Many of the business things Goodell has done, I have disagreed with.

Thanks 21isSuperman! You are a pretty cool for a moderator and I really enjoy reading your take on things my friend. :rock:

And, just for the record, you are exactly right...P.S. The 49ers will win a SB within the next 3 years. That defense is incredible man!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8400480/flags-replacements-regular-refs-same

I've thought all along that the replacement refs are doing about the same job the regular refs do the spot lite is just being put on the replacement refs way more than it's ever put on the regular refs. People act like the regular refs never made mistakes or got things wrong themselves.

Is the NFL Shield beginning to tarnish, bubble, and crack as replacement zebras mistakes and altercation episodes start to grow and fester? Check out this USA Today article.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/story/2012/09/19/locked-out-refs-open-letter-asks-nfl-to-do-whats-right/57802756/1

Frustration with these replacement zebras is starting to escalate. Just ask Ravens QB Joe Flacco. Can the NFL curtail and contain this disaster?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/63416/flacco-was-right-to-rip-replacement-refs

http://espn.go.com/n...gular-refs-same

I've thought all along that the replacement refs are doing about the same job the regular refs do the spot lite is just being put on the replacement refs way more than it's ever put on the regular refs. People act like the regular refs never made mistakes or got things wrong themselves.

I don't presume to be an authority on lock outs, labor rights, or collective bargaining privileges. My bone of contention is not that rookie zebras from the college ranks vs. seasoned NFL veterans make more mistakes penalty wise. My fundamental thesis is a simple one: You get what you pay for or refuse to pay for. Where is the appreciation for experience and quality control overall?

Professionalism is not a 30 second soundbyte that Goodell and 32 owners simply pay lip service to. Either you respect NFL referees or you don't. And the negative stigma of gambling on NFL games via fantasy football will explode if Roger Goodell isn't careful to terminate any hint of impropriety immediately. Once a sports integrity has been distorted, it's reputation destroyed, it's over....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/story/2012/09/18/with-replacement-refs-nfl-ripe-for-corruption/57804702/1

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-09/news/33122396_1_poker-tournament-nfl-mike-pereira

http://fansided.com/2012/08/08/nfl-replacement-referee-shannon-eastin-has-gambling-past/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/08/nfl-prohibits-any-gambling-by-officials/

I don't have a huge issue with the penalties or lack of penalties. My issue is with the professionalism of the replacement refs. I know the spotlight is on them, but they do not seem to possess one ounce of authority on the field. When I was 16 I became a baseball umpire in the Little League. At first I was basically the guy that all the coaches would ream when I made a call they didn't like and blame when their team would lose. Then I grew a pair and started to demand their respect. If they gave me the business, I'd give it right back. I feel like these replacements are the scared 16 year old I was. I don't feel that the calls are that bad, they're just highlighted more because of the fact that they're made by replacements. What they need to do, if this lockout isn't resolved, is stop being so submissive to the big, mean coaches, and just call their game.

I don't have a huge issue with the penalties or lack of penalties. My issue is with the professionalism of the replacement refs. I know the spotlight is on them, but they do not seem to possess one ounce of authority on the field. When I was 16 I became a baseball umpire in the Little League. At first I was basically the guy that all the coaches would ream when I made a call they didn't like and blame when their team would lose. Then I grew a pair and started to demand their respect. If they gave me the business, I'd give it right back. I feel like these replacements are the scared 16 year old I was. I don't feel that the calls are that bad, they're just highlighted more because of the fact that they're made by replacements. What they need to do, if this lockout isn't resolved, is stop being so submissive to the big, mean coaches, and just call their game.

Excellent post Peytonator!!!

My oldest nephew Josh referees high school basketball games and he is never timid or cautious when blowing the whistle. He never takes any crap from players, coaches, or fans on the court. He has tossed several people out of the game for a failure to follow the rules and continuing to be disruptive despite more than 1 warning. It's all about attitude, confidence, and the demeanor in which you carry and conduct yourself: Being a Professional as you eloquently stated very well.

Don't let anybody walk all over you...If you do, all your authority disappears and evaporates instantaneously. :thmup: Cue singer Nancy Sinata "These Boots Are Made For Walking" please...

Former NFL official: Goodell doesn't care about replacement problems

THERE IS A 6 MINUTE VIDEO DEBATE DISCUSSING EACH SIDE OF THE ISSUE

In it I love 1 point, the NFL is a league that cares about the color of your socks or how high they are they are so tight about the game rules & protecting their shield & they let this happen

( Personally I remember they wouldn't let Peyton honor Unitas with black high tops )

Former NFL official Jerry Markbreit believes the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell are acting arrogantly regarding the lockout of its regular officials.

“It’s obvious to me that (Goodell) just doesn’t even care,” Markbreit said on ESPN’s 98.7 “The Mike Lupica Show.”

“Otherwise, how could they replace professionalism with unprofessionalism in a game that’s so tough to work, even for the best officials in the land? How could he care about it?”

Markbreit, who was an NFL official for 23 years,

does not anticipate the replacement officiating to improve as the season progresses.

“The management of the game gets tougher,” Markbreit said.

now they have a bunch of amateurs out there and it’s going to fall apart. It’s not going to get better as the commissioner said. It’s going to get worse.”

http://aol.sportingn...odell-markbreit