• 29 replies
    • 22 replies
  4. Del Rio New Dc For Broncos

• 2 replies
    • 21 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• SEASON TICKETS

2020 Season Tickets On Sale Now! Visit Colts.com to learn more.
    • Chase was a rookie and had a pretty good rookie season.   Better than AV rookie season. Of course Chase will never come close to what AV has accomplished.   But right now, he is the better kicker.   
    • Don't look at his stats, watch his play on the field. He played with some of the best talent on some of the most efficient offenses in college football. He was throwing almost against air most of the time in Oklahoma. A ton of his production was highly schemed and much more a result of the Lincoln Riley schemes than his natural talent as a passer.    Throwing the ball was never the problem with him. He's one of the better throwers in this draft. He has plenty of arm strength. His problem is his processing of the game, again, similar to Brissett. He has big trouble throwing with timing and anticipation, he has serious trouble going through progressions in timely manner, he locks on first read consistently. He also drops his eyes when pressured and takes off. IMO he just won't be able to be efficient enough as a passer and executor of a conventional passing attack for a team to not make some serious changes to how they run their offense.    You don't even need to listen to me about it. Look at how Oklahoma ran their offense this year. One of the most creative offensive minds in football decided to run the ball 60% of the time and include Hurts in the designed run game. The only team in the NFL that runs that type of offense is Baltimore at 57% run.    That's why I said I don't want us to be the team taking that experiment on our hands... I don't think he's good enough passer to run conventional NFL offense and I don't think he's athletic enough to run Baltimore-Lamar like offense. Of course, that's just my opinion, so take it for whatever it's worth..   
    • I don't buy into this notion we'd have to change our offense to make Hurts run. On the contrary I think it would be a great style for his development and he'd add a diminsion we haven't had. I don't understand why people harp on Hurts as a passer. He's fine and has shown improvement. He has had around a 70 percent competition percentage the last two years and doesn't throw too many interceptions. Last year was the only year Lamar Jackson had over 60% completion percentage including college (yes really). I think Hurts won't be as athletics, yes, but he's shaping up to be a better passer imo. I, for the record, wouldn't want him at 34 since I think we'd basically be passing on a likely first round talent for a guy who definitely has some concerns. But I just think people are jumping to too big of a conclusion to limit him to a Lamar Jackson type usage. He can throw the ball pretty well even if his throwing talent doesn't look promising to ever being anything special. What I'd be most concerned with for his development would be adjusting  to NFL speed, reading defenses, and his level of anticipation. 3red round would be ideal, but I won't whine if we get him at 44, trade down for him, or trade up from our 3rd to get him. 
    • The Seahawks select John Simpson, OG Clemson. This concludes the 2nd round
    • I heard too that Haskins wasn't able to understand the playbook as well. Double pass on this. Move on and get a QB in the draft, like maybe Eason.
  • Topics