• 43 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 19 replies
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• SEASON TICKETS

2020 Season Tickets On Sale Now! Visit Colts.com to learn more.
    • He will when he is ask about him.  We all know that Frank is not going to say anything that would discourage or down grade any of his players. That's why the players like to play for him. 
    • yeah, he doesn't have to worry about her wrecking him anymore.     Wrong.  His contract is paused the moment he retires.  Whether he comes back now, next year or in 2050, Colts own his right for the remaining time left on the contract , in this case 3 seasons.  There is no end date on that.  He has no way out unless the Colts release or trade him.  Which is why the Colts let him keep that 24 million. Doing so, ensured his rights are forever theirs.
    • In order to be part of the NFL Draft a player has to be 3 years from their high school graduation date. So if a kid graduated in 2018 he would be eligible for the 2021 draft regardless if there is a college football season or not. Trevor Lawrence has nothing to worry about. He probably has more to lose by playing this season than not. I've heard analysts say that he would have been the number one pick last year over Joe Burrow if he would have been eligible. As to the logistics of the 2021 NFL Draft, your guess is as good as anybody else's right now. With all sports in a state of flux I would say next year's draft isn't a high priority right now. I'm sure that if the major conferences go to spring football that players like Lawrence will opt out or the NFL Draft will move back to a later date. Just my  on the matter.
    • Here is my list of players who I would take over Luck at QB for the next 3 or 4 seasons after this year if I ignore the uncertainty of Lucks desire to play after his retirement.     1.  Pat Mahomes  2.  Russell Wilson    That’s it for me.  I’m not a Jackson believer.  Until we see a running QB continue as a running QB successfully, I won’t opt for that type of player.  IMO they are like Japanese pitchers.  It’s not racial.  Take those thoughts and deposit them where the sun don’t shine.  They are overused as kids and tend not to be able to stay on the mound just like Running QBs tend not to be able to play like that after a year or two. I can see people putting Jackson the list though.   Rogers, Brady, Brees are all too old to play until 2025 or 2026.  I would rate each of those guys above Luck if you were only talking the 2021 season and I’d slot them 2-5 in the order listed between Mahomes and Wilson.  That would still put Andrew at 7 IMO. Too many can’t miss QBs, miss so I would rather take Luck than Burrow or Lawrence, even though I could see them both being studs. QBs are like baseball draftees and A box of chocolates.  For the seasons 2021 to 2025, I’d slot them at 4 and 5 behind PH, RW, and AL.   I think it is a no brainer that you would take Luck back on this team.  If he decided to play again, it would be for competitive desire and/or money both of which are great incentives.   There is essentially no risk and the cost is already paid for and would be a net positive when JB and PR are off the payroll.   I understand the skepticism, but the dude is just too friggin good not to take a slight chance  on.     The only reason I can think of no to have him back is if JB and PR get injured this season and Eason turns out to be a stud that makes me forget AL.  That would be the only risk, losing out on Eason which doesn’t seem likely to be much of a risk.   Of course you let the guy fulfill his contract IMO.     These young guys aren’t like the faux love Of the game generations of the past.  I would assume most of the millennial players have no problem with Luck, and the team chemistry thing is largely irrelevant.    Players want a guy like Luck because he helps you win, but more importantly, he makes you money by making you look better than you are.w    
    • Then why isn’t he putting a good spin on Eason?  
  • Topics