• 10 replies
  8. Nagy to Da Bears

• 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
  9. Titans or Texans?

• 7 replies
  • SEASON TICKETS

2019 Season Tickets On Sale Now! Visit Colts.com to learn more.
    • Even though I am excited about the young WRs and even though I didn't like Grigs...I am going to have to defend him here a bit.   With Grigs there is 5 seasons of data points...Ballard only has two (because we haven't yet see how this one plays out from the WR standpoint)...so there are going to be more of these on-year WR "misses." I don't expect Ballard will continue to sign these stopgap WR types...but like Grigs...he was definitely not immune to paying money to crappy WRs.   So I don't think it's totally fair to discredit Grigs for having a "problem" with one-year WR busts...and then toss out the two that Ballard has had in his first seasons. It's been an issue for a long time.   Also...if we judge Ballard on the whole picture...we should Grigs as well. Grigs re-signed Reggie...when many thought they should move on. He signed Avery...the last good one-year WR deal (until this year hopefully). He drafted Hilton. He drafted Moncrief...who people were just as high on as they are Campbell or Cain. He brought in Chester Rogers. He made some pretty great moves...and some pretty bad ones as well.   And while we can be confident about Ballard...when it comes to WR...it's still  wait and see.     
    • Dickerson all-time is a top 5 RB ever. I have:   Jim Brown Emmitt Smith Walter Payton Barry Sanders Eric is #5.  I would take Tony Dorsett over Faulk. 1995 turned me off from Faulk. We would've won the SB had he played in 95 and he quit - BOOO. 
    • Edge's first 2 years in the league were the best by a running back in NFL history.  Amazing that he came back from that injury and still had 5 more 1,000 + rushing yard seasons.  Aside from being a great runner and receiver, he was widely considered one of (if not the) top pass blocking back in the league.   He deserves HOF very soon.
    • I thought the worst of them all was Darrius Hayward (Heywood?) Bey.     Bad hands and bad rout running.  Bad, bad combination for a wide receiver. 
    • Johnson was toast at that point...but no way he was a worse WR than Aiken. Aiken had a low catch rate that would make DHB blush and caught 0 TDs. AJ at least provided some value.   It depends on how you define "worst pickup." Is it performanc relative to expectations? Then sure...AJ would be it. But Aiken was the worst player...and probably a negative value.
  • Topics