Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many draft picks do we have next year?

StewieG

1,3,4, and Philly's 6th(if we didnt give that one up in the Vontae Davis trade) but we had to have gave that one up because that's the only late round pick we have left in 2013 so 3. That's all we need plus the free agent money we have for after the season

Well I also look at projects like Chapman and Fugger etc as draft picks for next year. I think they were steals when they were drafted and with some time they will play bigger than were they were drafted. Heck maybe beyond maybe Ijalana comes back healthy...thats like another draft pick with potential. I think this team has a lot of young talent...and our cap space will help fill in the wholes. I think our GM looks and says what will be out there in the draft and how much to get a starting caliber corner....who would be available in FA....then said you know what...a trade is our best way to upgrade...it might have cost us a first rounder or 10-12 million in cap space to get what we landed for a 24 year old first round talent cb for about 1 million a year the next two years. Remember Dolphins already paid his signing bonus etc...he is uber cheap as well.

It all comes down to his attitude but if we get that in line....he is worth the draft pick. Besides it is easy to pick up draft picks. You can trade back and pick up middle rounders or trade a future pick if we have someone targeted. Its not the worst thing ever. Should we make it a habit...no...but you have to look at where else we could find a quality corner like this....next years FA not likely and the draft....well good luck!

wow really we are wasting to many dang draft pick picking people up this is getting ridicules wth is going in the colts office

I think it will be fine... didn't the Redskins still have 8 or 9 picks in last year's draft?.. if we have hard targets, we will get the picks to draft them. If our targets are FAs, we will have the $$ to pick them up. Davis is a :rawr: and we will field some kinda ferocious team in 2013... to say nothing about this season.... about which I am very excited!