Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Grigson realize there are 30 other teams out there he can also trade with? :facepalm:

Somebody give Grigson the phone numbers for the other 30 NFL teams

Polian did pretty much the exact same thing his first year as a GM, both here and in Carolina. So do a bunch of others. When a team needs talent beyond the draft and they don't have much cap room, the GM has to work the channels he's most familiar with. In the current case, it is the Eagles and to a lesser extent the Ravens. Calm down; he's trying to make the team better by utilizing his existing, strong networks. Pretty much how all of us operate in our own jobs/lives.

"The Professor" John Clayton just tweeted : Sounds like the Colts are working on a trade...They are looking for inside linebackers and CB's."

If he's right...I'd say the D-Lineman in question is Freeney for a CB. Not a D-lineman from the Eagles. If that's the case...I'm hoping it's Nnamdi or DRC. They've got Boykin who has done really well so far. I dunno...I hope it's not another no-namer.

I was wondering the same thing, I really can't see a Freeney for Nnamdi trade though. It would be nice, but I highly doubt if thats what it is.

Polian did pretty much the exact same thing his first year as a GM, both here and in Carolina. So do a bunch of others. When a team needs talent beyond the draft and they don't have much cap room, the GM has to work the channels he's most familiar with. In the current case, it is the Eagles and to a lesser extent the Ravens. Calm down; he's trying to make the team better by utilizing his existing, strong networks. Pretty much how all of us operate in our own jobs/lives.

People act like Grigson is the first one to ever do it in the NFL lol.

The Professor John Clayton is confusing the crap out of me. I think he's off his rocker.

He tweeted about Justice being traded from the Colts to the Colts (seriously...typo I assume) and then talked about the Jets trading someone to the Colts for Justice, now he's talking about the Colts looking at CB Mike Jenkins from the Cowboys who is on the PUP list.

My brain is mush. Who the heck are we trading?!!

just be happy we are trying to improve our lineup. probably more trades this off season than the last 5 combined. Grigson is not complacent with where are team is. I love it

I'm certainly happy, I was just making a joke about how we are always trading with them

I have no doubt that he's trying to make the team better. I agree 100% with that. I'm just saying that from the outside it looks like he's leaving "stones unturned." That may or may not be the case, but when the majority of the team's trades are from 2 out of 32 teams in the league, it raises some legitimate (in my opinion) questions.

With that being said, I've never been a GM and I have no idea how it works so I'll accept that trading with the Eagles/Ravens may provide the best value, given Pagano's/Grigson's connections with the teams.

The Professor John Clayton is confusing the crap out of me. I think he's off his rocker.

He tweeted about Justice being traded from the Colts to the Colts (seriously...typo I assume) and then talked about the Jets trading someone to the Colts for Justice, now he's talking about the Colts looking at CB Mike Jenkins from the Cowboys who is on the PUP list.

Justice for Revis! Be a hero and make it happen, Grigson!

i will still love to have jenkins in a colts uniforme r D would be beast with him at #2 and powers #1 and gordy at nickle

In other words, he has no clue.

Why would they let Freeney work almost all of camp busting his butt learning a new system and then say ah heck with it..... Lets trade him. Wouldn't you just trade him from the start of camp so you have all the players you want to be trained and ready for game 1?

Why would they let Freeney work almost all of camp busting his butt learning a new system and then say ah heck with it..... Lets trade him. Wouldn't you just trade him from the start of camp so you have all the players you want to be trained and ready for game 1?

Could be he's just not adjusting to the system.

Perhaps waiting to evaluate if he can play the new system so you can use that player?

Likely cause they didnt know what they were gonna get out of Jerry Hughes and likely because Pagano said Freeney is going to rush the passer most of the time, But thought he wouldnt struggle like he has

yea i dont see us trading freeney so late

Well if Jeff McLane says it, it MUST be true...

Now if we only knew who he was.....

Lol, I hate Google too. http://www.philly.co...ogs/inq-eagles/

Jeff McLane - Eagles beat reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer. Not saying he knows everything, but he is definitely closer to the situation that any of us.

I am excited about this trade... hope it isn't anti-climatic Irsay coming out.