Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

Heck I dont think they would do that trade, Hunt has 2 sacks in 9 games plus hes younger plus he doesnt cost 14 million, We'd likely have to throw in a draft pick in my opinion, I'd be shocked if they did. My guess is this trade has to do with Redding going down. I dont know the extent of the injury but he did look in alot of pain

I agree. Cullen Jenkins can probably play the 3-4 DE like he plays the 4-3 DT and at 305 lbs, is suited for that 3-4 DE role.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck I dont think they would do that trade, Hunt has 2 sacks in 9 games plus hes younger plus he doesnt cost 14 million, We'd likely have to throw in a draft pick in my opinion, I'd be shocked if they did. My guess is this trade has to do with Redding going down. I dont know the extent of the injury but he did look in alot of pain

Redding is supposedly fine. Slight sprained MCL. Hunt IMO would not even fit our system, he is 4-3 DE not an OLB. And did I miss something that said this is a trade with the Eagles or is everybody just jumping to conclusions?

Redding is supposedly fine. Slight sprained MCL. Hunt IMO would not even fit our system, he is 4-3 DE not an OLB. And did I miss something that said this is a trade with the Eagles or is everybody just jumping to conclusions?

Hunt is with the Eagles but it wont be for him anyway but he is built like an OLB 6'0 248

It won't be Freeney. Eagles have an exceptional D-line, why would they add to it with someone on the wrong side of 30 and a huge contract?

Maybe they want the Giants' NASCAR package with 3 or 4 DEs in the 260 plus weight range for the rotation and Jenkins does not give them that??? :)

It won't be Freeney. Eagles have an exceptional D-line, why would they add to it with someone on the wrong side of 30 and a huge contract?

I think the giants have shown that you can't have to many quality D lineman, keeping those big guys fresh thats a huge plus. As far as why the Eagles would take an "older" player like Freeney, I think they are at a point they have to win now before the window closes on some of the older guys.

I hope its Jenkins, but I doubt it. He's really the only guy that makes sense. Jenkins got into a screaming match with Reid the other day and Grigson and Pagano said they want guy's familiar playing in the 3-4 scheme. To my knowledge, Jenkins is the only one of their current guys that fits the mold. The rest of their DE's are 4-3 guys, and they are not gonna trade Fletcher Cox to us.

"The Professor" John Clayton just tweeted : Sounds like the Colts are working on a trade...They are looking for inside linebackers and CB's."

If he's right...I'd say the D-Lineman in question is Freeney for a CB. Not a D-lineman from the Eagles. If that's the case...I'm hoping it's Nnamdi or DRC. They've got Boykin who has done really well so far. I dunno...I hope it's not another no-namer.

Does Grigson realize there are 30 other teams out there he can also trade with? :facepalm:

Somebody give Grigson the phone numbers for the other 30 NFL teams

just be happy we are trying to improve our lineup. probably more trades this off season than the last 5 combined. Grigson is not complacent with where are team is. I love it