Colts Vs. Rams Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stanton played for the Jets, previously didn't he? That would mean he's familiar with Brian Schottenheimer's offense, right? Wonder if he's passed along any tips to the D?

Stanton was with the Lions. The Jets just picked him up THIS off-season. When Tebow was traded to the Jets....Stanton was traded to the Colts....never actually played with the Jets NM.

Stanton played for the Jets, previously didn't he? That would mean he's familiar with Brian Schottenheimer's offense, right? Wonder if he's passed along any tips to the D?

Stanton demanded and insisted to be traded because the Jets already acquired Tebow in a trade with the Broncos, who signed Peyton Manning as a free agent. Stanton signed with the Jets after leaving the Lions as a free agent himself. He only was a Jet for a week or two before he came to the Colts.

Stanton demanded and insisted to be traded because the Jets already acquired Tebow in a trade with the Broncos, who signed Peyton Manning as a free agent. Stanton signed with the Jets after leaving the Lions as a free agent himself. He only was a Jet for a week or two before he came to the Colts.

Thanks LOS. :) My head must have been stuffed somewhere this off-season, LOL.

Thanks for the correction. :)

Not a problem....Mr Lucas Oil Stadium added good info too.

By the way we should all thank LOS for a superb game day thread! Thanks again. And thank you to every fan that joined in to usher this new era in! Great job and great comments guys!!!

Thanks again LOS......

And Gavin: you got your INT!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you :). I was getting pretty curious. Did he do a good job?

Sorry for the delay... The site wasn't loading because everyone rushed to see what we are talking about here. Sorgi was calling the game locally on WNDY, and did a pretty good job. Now that his clipboard is hung up I think he may have a new job.

Yeah, he did. He has a great voice for broadcasting, he knows his football, and his insight with the organization is a plus too.

Thanks again! I'll have to check next game to see if WNDY is streaming so I can listen to him instead of the TV broadcast. Glad he did well and hope he makes a career of it.

Sorry for the delay... The site wasn't loading because everyone rushed to see what we are talking about here. Sorgi was calling the game locally on WNDY, and did a pretty good job. Now that his clipboard is hung up I think he may have a new job.

Thank you Gandalf. :) I hope it works out for him.

By the way we should all thank LOS for a superb game day thread! Thanks again. And thank you to every fan that joined in to usher this new era in! Great job and great comments guys!!!

Thanks again LOS......

I agree, thanks LOS for the great game thread and introductory comments!

Thanks again LOS......

And Gavin: you got your INT!!!!!!!!! :)

You're very welcome, BrentMc11. Hard for the expectations to continue with just one preseason game. Today's game was the battle of the two of the youngest teams in the NFL in 2012, the Colts and Rams. Maybe Colts management wants the team to be younger as a whole in the next few seasons to come, so the players we have now can gain NFL experience, and help the team become playoff-caliber again.

Andrew Luck's potential could be endless. I did have reservations when Jim Irsay waived Peyton, but this is a new generation of Colts players we are seeing transpire on the field, and my hopes and expectations are gradually getting high and confident, one play, one game at a time. Just my wishful thinking.

38-3 win today. Colts have a full practice week to prepare their next game against the Steelers. GO COLTS!

You're very welcome, BrentMc11. Hard for the expectations to continue with just one preseason game. Today's game was the battle of the two of the youngest teams in the NFL in 2012, the Colts and Rams. Maybe Colts management wants the team to be younger as a whole in the next few seasons to come, so the players we have now can gain NFL experience, and help the team become playoff-caliber again. Just my wishful thinking.

Andrew Luck's potential could be endless. I did have reservations when Jim Irsay waived Peyton, but this is a new generation of Colts players we are seeing transpire on the field, and my hopes and expectations are gradually getting high and confident, one play, one game at a time. Just my wishful thinking.

38-3 win today. Colts have a full practice week to prepare their next game against the Steelers. GO COLTS!

I forgot to make one point. I will ask a question: Does anyone wonder why Chuck Pagano put such a great emphasis on 'putting a hat' on each other in pads in this camp?

You are so right on the youth. Loved everyone's fun nature today....great times. Until next week :)

this was a great team win. a lot of guys stepped up and made one play or another. i realize it's just a pre-season game and that it was against the Rams, but if guys do that in the regular season, we're going to win a lot of games. we also seemed to get better as the game went along. that's the kind of thing that will go a long way.

of course, i'm impressed, yet not surprised with Andrew. i've seen him do this kind of thing live over a dozen times over the previous two years at Stanford. what i'm glad to see is that he seems to be picking up right where he left off in college. he's intelligent, poised and doesn't get rattled. those qualities -- along with several others -- are going to make him successful in this league. i could go on and on about Andrew, but i'm just going to leave it at what i just heard on the post-game show from Pat McAfee: "the kid is gonna be darn good, man."

doesn't that say it all?!

it was also great to see Stanton and Harnish play so well. a lot of receivers made great plays (Brazille is for real!). i wasn't sure about the defense, but they settled down and held these guys to three points. that's amazing against anyone.

i'm excited to see where the team goes. this is a great start. i hope we can build on it!

Folks, today's game thread on the Colt's win and Andrew Luck's debut as a Colt will remain open in case Colts fans would like add additional comments during the 9:00PM game replay on the NFL Network. I also checked NFL Network's program schedule this week but unfortuantely, NFLN is not replaying again the Colts/Rams game after tonight.