Photo

Andrew Luck Rookie Card

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1827 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

I try to collect all the Peyton Manning cards but ever since he left I got dismotivated...lol. I am still interested in the Peyton Manning SP Authentic rookie card which I think is the most expensive Peyton one out there (even more now that he left)

Posted Image

It was $1500 a couple months back.

But now I want to collect the Andrew Luck rookie card but I dont know where to start. Im guessing that if SP Authentic holds the most expensive Peyton rookie card, wouldnt it be the same for Andrew Luck? Does SP Authetic still exist? I cant find one for Luck.

Any advice would help on collecting cards. Which brand should I get for Luck?

Im really interested in this one though:

Posted Image

What do you think would be the best Andrew Luck card?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 ar1888

ar1888
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

2012 Sp Authentic will not be releases until about Dec, or Jan. Upper Deck has lost a huge foothold in the card collecting cirlcles. They no longet have a NFL liscense, which maens players can only be pictured in College uniforms. Pannini National treasures is a higher end product then Sp Authentic. It also has yet to be realsed for the upcoming season. The best 2012 products already out there at this time is Topps Inception, Pannini Elite.

#3 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2195 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wow. In a year, that card will be enough to buy more cards like that.

Question: How do people put prices on cards and signatures like that? Do they get together and say "How about 1000? $1000 sound okay to you guys?"
Waiting for the draft...

#4 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Wow. In a year, that card will be enough to buy more cards like that.

Question: How do people put prices on cards and signatures like that? Do they get together and say "How about 1000? $1000 sound okay to you guys?"

Supply and demand.

It's only worth what others are willing to play.

Best way to gauge actual value of cards like this is looking at recent ended auctions on ebay. In my opinion that is more accurate than a price guide.

I did see some new rookie cards at a show at a mall that I didn't even know was happening, but back to the point a lot of the cards are out there are kinda horrible looking since they lack Logos and the NFL license.
For example:
Posted Image

Others are nicer because they have the license and such.

#5 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1827 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

2012 Sp Authentic will not be releases until about Dec, or Jan. Upper Deck has lost a huge foothold in the card collecting cirlcles. They no longet have a NFL liscense, which maens players can only be pictured in College uniforms. Pannini National treasures is a higher end product then Sp Authentic. It also has yet to be realsed for the upcoming season. The best 2012 products already out there at this time is Topps Inception, Pannini Elite.

Thanks for the info. Im guessing SP Authentic wants the real game action for photos on the cards, right?

#6 ar1888

ar1888
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Im guessing SP Authentic wants the real game action for photos on the cards, right?

That cant be, since they do not have a nfl liscense. They just try and space out the releases over the full season. Sp Authentic is usually one of the last to hit the market.

#7 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2195 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Supply and demand.

It's only worth what others are willing to play.

Best way to gauge actual value of cards like this is looking at recent ended auctions on ebay. In my opinion that is more accurate than a price guide.

I did see some new rookie cards at a show at a mall that I didn't even know was happening, but back to the point a lot of the cards are out there are kinda horrible looking since they lack Logos and the NFL license.
For example:
Posted Image

Others are nicer because they have the license and such.

Thanks for the answer
Waiting for the draft...

#8 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7187 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm currently waiting for the Topps Finest auto/jersey patch. They should be out sometime in Aug. However, I might wait to see how the SP Auths or SPXs (if they even make them) Andrew Luck rc cards fair.

I really wanted one of those PM SP Auth rcs but they where just to expensive.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#9 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7187 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm not big into any of the current Luck rc cards thus I'm kind of waiting...

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#10 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1827 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm not big into any of the current Luck rc cards thus I'm kind of waiting...

yea but might as well get them all since we dont know which one will be the expensive one. lol. Especially his rookie year. For Peyton, I have the ones where he won the Super Bowls and want the rookie card mainly. Wasnt too interested in the rest.

#11 mom terp

mom terp
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

hope u find it.i know.if you are anything.like i did to help my brother to find a special penny.we looked and looked through our milk money every day.then we found that penny.then one of my brother ' s jelious friends stole it.then i stole it back.because i knew his classroom.

#12 Mustang82

Mustang82
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

The basic Andrew Luck RC that will be worth having is his one from Topps Bowman Chrome. Everything else is ok but the Chrome stuff always holds value over them.
NEVER THROW THE VENUS ON A SPIDER 3 Y BANANA!

#13 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7187 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

yea but might as well get them all since we dont know which one will be the expensive one. lol. Especially his rookie year. For Peyton, I have the ones where he won the Super Bowls and want the rookie card mainly. Wasnt too interested in the rest.

Yeah I hear ya, usually you can put your $ on the SP Authentic for some of the top tier rc cards, but they come out pretty late. There are also some good playoff series cards. It's tough because if you get a card right now before many of the others come out you might end up seeing one you like better but if you're a major collector you can just go grab one of his other cards down the road.

The playoff prestige auto rc looks like a very nice card and are available right now. Also the Topps Finest Jersey/patches should be out sometime soon. The pic of the Finest jers/patch I think is just a concept but it should look similar.
Posted Image

In my case it's very tough which one to choose because I'll probably just buy one premium Andrew Luck rc card. I'll probably wait a bit to explore my options and I'm really looking forward to see how the SP Authentic turn out.

#14 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

The basic Andrew Luck RC that will be worth having is his one from Topps Bowman Chrome. Everything else is ok but the Chrome stuff always holds value over them.

If your lucky enough to grab a pack that isn't already bowed. Hate those dang cards. I've got boxes and boxes of chrome, not a single one of them is straight.

I like to argue. 

#15 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 5145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

So can somebody post a pic of which one they think is the best to buy?

#16 Mustang82

Mustang82
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

If your lucky enough to grab a pack that isn't already bowed. Hate those dang cards. I've got boxes and boxes of chrome, not a single one of them is straight.

I think it's because of the finish on the card that makes it that way.
NEVER THROW THE VENUS ON A SPIDER 3 Y BANANA!

#17 Michelob

Michelob
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

OK, so I have an autographed Peyton rookie card, as well as an autographed Eli rookie and an autographed Archie rookie card. They're all in phenomenal condition, but I haven't sent them in to be graded yet. I'm hoping they're worth some $$, but time will tell. As I check out some of the going rates for Andrew autographed rookies, they go anywhere from $100-1000 and up. Think the Manning family rookie cards are worth anything?

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Dec
    radiogirl

Treasure your loved ones every day. Visited some dear friends today at the hospital who's 22 year old daughter was in an accident yesterday. Critical May not make it. I was reminded today how precious life is.....

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      18 Dec
    BrentMc11

Comcast: HMMMMM new higher speed modem..check....TV.....check....We did not check the phone? Do not call. We have no line :) GRRRR

Show comments (12)
View All Updates