Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackout?

MR. Blueblood

It's a win-win on the blackout situation. Either we get to watch the Colts or we get to watch Peyton. Which do want your fan base to see Mr Irsay?

Maybe you need to tweet this post to Mr. Irsay. :thmsup: Great thinking on your part. :thmup:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a win-win on the blackout situation. Either we get to watch the Colts or we get to watch Peyton. Which do want your fan base to see Mr Irsay?

You get to see every Colt and Bronco game this year if you want. There are only three times in which they play at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Really, you're going to act like you have inside information from across the pond? I have no doubt whatsoever that Manning told Irsay he would prefer to stay with Indy but he did not want to be part of a rebuilding team and said that if that was the direction the Colts were going then he'd just as soon Irsay not fork over the $28 million and let him be a free agent. But anyone who watched that news conference with Irsay and Manning can tell that it was a tough decision for both and that there is a lot of respect and friendship between the two.

I totally agree. I don't see the logic in inserting personnel suspicions or bias into this but some people will believe in gossip over what's happening in front of their eyes.

If I remember correctly it is being shown on the NFL Network, but it is not one of the live games. I think the first airing is at midnight tonight with repeats over the weekend. I think they are also showing it Sunday morning right before the Colts game if you want to catch both games back to back.

If I remember correctly it is being shown on the NFL Network, but it is not one of the live games. I think the first airing is at midnight tonight with repeats over the weekend. I think they are also showing it Sunday morning right before the Colts game if you want to catch both games back to back.

They blacked out the Colts game till 9pm

cant make my own topic but the Broncos vs Bears isn't on TV. what the heck....was looking forward to seeing it tonight...sux

NFL Network is carying coverage of all the games played tonight. My guess is that they will show mostly Broncos coverage as that will be where most of the ineterest lies due to Peyton. Although, the Eagles game will be too due to Reid's son's passing. :(

They blacked out the Colts game till 9pm

Who did? The game sold out. NFL network still has it listed as 1:30 on their website, and I'm assuming the local channel (WTTV- it is channel 4 on Uverse, not sure what its over the air or cable number is) will also be airing it LIVE now that we have sold out.

Who did? The game sold out. NFL network still has it listed as 1:30 on their website, and I'm assuming the local channel (WTTV- it is channel 4 on Uverse, not sure what its over the air or cable number is) will also be airing it LIVE now that we have sold out.

blackout rules don't apply in preseason

Diehard fans stand by thier team no matter what hence the term diehard.

I disagree with the bolded.

If someone doesn't stand by their team, then they are not diehard. Check the meaning of the word. (stubbornly resisting change) How can you disagree with a factual statement? That's like saying you disagree that 2+2=4.

What a RIP OFF! I bought NFL preseason ticket, the game sold out and it's still blacked out! Whaa??

If you live in indy, the game will be blacked out online, because it will be on local tv. I also have the preseason package and couldn't get the falcons game online because it was on local tv. Relax killer, you'll be able to see it. It will be on nfl network, online, and local tv in indy.

If someone doesn't stand by their team, then they are not diehard. Check the meaning of the word. (stubbornly resisting change) How can you disagree with a factual statement? That's like saying you disagree that 2+2=4.

its_alive1.jpg

My argument is that not renewing your season tickets doesn't mean you're not standing by your team.

its_alive1.jpg

My argument is that not renewing your season tickets doesn't mean you're not standing by your team.

and has been explained to you just because someone is not a die hard fan doesn't mean that person didn't stand by their team either. People aren't saying that because someone isn't a die hard fan of something means some how they aren't a fan of something. Just because someone is a fan of something doesn't = being a die hard fan of something.

As has been explained in this thread and beaten beyond death the definition of being a die hard fan is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness. (http://www.yourdictionary.com/die-hard ) If someone gives up their season tickets because because they think they are going to lose games then by the very definition of the word that person is not one. Sorry. That's the definition of the word. With that said just because someone isn't a die hard fan in NO way means that person isn't a fan. There are different levels of being a fan and just because someone isn't a die hard fan of something doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

The people we are talking about are the guy who says you know what I think the Colts aren't going to do well for a few years so I am not going to buy tickets this year as a result or hey they cut my favorite player I am not going to spend money on them as a result. The die hard fan is the guy who goes I don't care what the record is or who is on the roster I am going because they are my team. That's what makes them die hard fans. You can't get ride of them no matter what the team does hence the term die-hard.

There is NOTHING wrong with not being one either. With that said again just because someone is a fan of something doesn't mean they are a die hard fan of something.

and has been explained to you just because someone is not a die hard fan doesn't mean that person didn't stand by their team either. People aren't saying that because someone isn't a die hard fan of something means some how they aren't a fan of something. Just because someone is a fan of something doesn't = being a die hard fan of something.

As has been explained in this thread and beaten beyond death the definition of being a die hard fan is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness. (http://www.yourdictionary.com/die-hard ) If someone gives up their season tickets because because they think they are going to lose games then by the very definition of the word that person is not one. Sorry. That's the definition of the word. With that said just because someone isn't a die hard fan in NO way means that person isn't a fan. There are different levels of being a fan and just because someone isn't a die hard fan of something doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

The people we are talking about are the guy who says you know what I think the Colts aren't going to do well for a few years so I am not going to buy tickets this year as a result or hey they cut my favorite player I am not going to spend money on them as a result. The die hard fan is the guy who goes I don't care what the record is or who is on the roster I am going because they are my team. That's what makes them die hard fans. You can't get ride of them no matter what the team does hence the term die-hard.

There is NOTHING wrong with not being one either. With that said again just because someone is a fan of something doesn't mean they are a die hard fan of something.

You and I said our piece(s) on this a month ago. We disagree. I don't understand why the discussion is being raised from the dead now. If you or BufferMan wish to know how I feel, scroll up.

You and I said our piece(s) on this a month ago. We disagree. I don't understand why the discussion is being raised from the dead now. If you or BufferMan wish to know how I feel, scroll up.

If you are responding which you have done twice now you are just as guilty of keeping this going as we are so don't try to put the blame on just us.

If you are responding which you have done twice now you are just as guilty of keeping this going as we are so don't try to put the blame on just us.

?

I'm not putting the blame on anyone. I just don't have any desire of rehashing a conversation from a month ago, knowing that no one is going to change their mind. I responded to begin with because my position was being mischaracterized.

Allow me to add to this discussion by saying this....

I'm staying out of the whole diehard fan stuff.... I'm staying out of the whole blackout stuff...

But I'm ALL IN on the most important aspect of this thread.

Anyone who is putting a picture of Gene Wilder from Young Frankenstein into this thread -- actually into any thread on this website -- is TOPS with me!!! :thmup:

Well done, Superman!! Well played, sir!! :applause::worthy:

?

I'm not putting the blame on anyone. I just don't have any desire of rehashing a conversation from a month ago, knowing that no one is going to change their mind. I responded to begin with because my position was being mischaracterized.

Then stop responding to people when they say something about it then if you don't want to rehash it. That's how you get it to stop. My guess is that this is the first time bufferman saw it and wanted to comment on it. Not his fault for being late to the party. If you just ignored his response my guess is if you just ignored it the thread would have stayed dead.

What he means by not standing by your team is not wanting to go to games because your favorite player isn't here anymore or because you don't want to watch them lose. That doesn't fit the definition of a die hard fan. It doesn't mean those people aren't fans and I don't know if I would have used the phrase not stand by your team but I can see what he's getting at which is just simply those who don't want to go to games for the above reasons are not die hard fans because die hard fans are the people who don't care about those things they are going to go to the game no matter what because it's their team. Hence the term die hard it's really hard to turn them off from the franchise.

What's with all the hostility on the forum tonight? Let's stay classy Colts fans.

No hostility at least on my part and based on what I know about Superman I doubt on his end either. Not the first time and probably wont be the last time superman and me have a heated debate about something. As we have explained in the past we have respect for each other which is why you don't see any name calling or anything.

Then stop responding to people when they say something about it then if you don't want to rehash it. That's how you get it to stop. My guess is that this is the first time bufferman saw it and wanted to comment on it. Not his fault for being late to the party. If you just ignored his response my guess is if you just ignored it the thread would have stayed dead.

Am I not allowed to respond when my position is being miscategorized? I am not complaining about anything. I responded to BufferMan to clarify my perspective. His comment suggested that he didn't understand my argument very well, so I responded. Why do you have a problem with that?

What he means by not standing by your team is not wanting to go to games because your favorite player isn't here anymore or because you don't want to watch them lose. That doesn't fit the definition of a die hard fan. It doesn't mean those people aren't fans and I don't know if I would have used the phrase not stand by your team but I can see what he's getting at which is just simply those who don't want to go to games for the above reasons are not die hard fans because die hard fans are the people who don't care about those things they are going to go to the game no matter what because it's their team. Hence the term die hard it's really hard to turn them off from the franchise.

You keep "explaining" this to me, like I'm a dummy. I understand your argument. I just disagree. I don't think "die hard fan" equals "die hard season ticket holder," and that's why we don't see this the same way. I'm fine with leaving it right there.

I'll also remind you that my original objection was to Kravitz's claim that the people who stopped buying season tickets "abandoned" the Colts. We can go back and forth about "die hard fans" all day, but that wasn't the source of my objection.

GC8818, can't we just let this one go, you and I? I get your angle. I just don't agree with your use of the term.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, somebody make sense of this. Will the home games this season (as it stands now) be blacked out?

If they didn't sell another ticket yes. With that said they have about a 1,000 to sell. Odds are Fox 59 or Channel 8 (who ever happens to have the game) would just buy the tickets so they can air the game because they would make up whatever they spent on the tickets with commercials of a Colts game. Channel 8 has already gone on the record of saying they would buy the tickets if the need too. Fox 59 hasn't said yet but the home opener is on Fox 59 and the Colts only play on Fox twice and I have no doubt the Packers game (the other game) will sell out out right.

So, if Fox 59 aired the game by buying the left over ticks...our local Fox would have the game? Terre Haute is about 70 miles from Indy.

If the game is sold out It will be aired in the blackout market. I am not sure if Terre Haute is in the blackout zone anyways. It would then come down to does your Fox station carry the game and since it's vs. the Bears I am sure they would.

The Bears game is an away game so it will be aired locally regardless.

True, but I was thinking long term. From what I have gathered thus far...the home games 'may' be blacked out. Won't know if they are or not until Wed or Thur before the game. And...local channels 'may' buy the remaining ticks to be able to broadcast the game locally if the game is blacked out.