Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Runningbacks

I'm torn on AP because of the injury and him being the only weapon on the team. Jamaal Charles is recovering from an ACL injury and has to deal with Peyton Hillis. Ryan Mathews I don't trust simply because of the team he plays for. Which running back will you look to draft and any others I should steer clear from.

I currently am looking at Shady McCoy, Michael Turner, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Ray Rice, Trent Richardson,

The guy that is streaky but can be a TD machine, IMO, is Ahmad Bradshaw. Giants' style of offense is typified by Eli marching them down the field and Bradshaw punching it in. With Brandon Jacobs gone to the 49ers, adding Bradshaw on your radar is a must, IMO.

Unless Ryan Williams can usurp Beanie Wells, with Michael Floyd drafted and Fitzgerald to occupy double teams, keep Beanie Wells as a No.2 RB possibility as well.

Well thanks Chad for contributing. The RBs this year scare me outside of Foster, Rice, and McCoy

Not sure I'm buying Bradshaw with his injury history and David Wilson in the mix. He has the same risk/reward as Beanie, but is more expensive.

Even though he's a rookie, it's hard to dislike Trent Richardson. He'll be a 3-down workhorse from the onset and even if he struggles shear volume should keep him productive.

How about Darren McFadden? If you're willing to roll the dice, it's not hard to imagine him being a Top 5 guy. In the back-end of 12 team drafts, I'd be happy with a pair of Richardson/McFadden.

Reggie Bush is another option in the middle rounds. He had a career year last year and most anticipate him to regress, especially if Daniel Thomas can improve this offseason. But, Bush might be the best receiver on the Dolphins now. Word is Philbin will return him to his "hybrid" RB/WR role. I don't think 150/700 rushing and 60/500 receiving with 6-7 TD's is out of the question which would make him a borderline RB1/2 yet again.

Not sure I'm buying Bradshaw with his injury history and David Wilson in the mix. He has the same risk/reward as Beanie, but is more expensive.

Even though he's a rookie, it's hard to dislike Trent Richardson. He'll be a 3-down workhorse from the onset and even if he struggles shear volume should keep him productive.

How about Darren McFadden? If you're willing to roll the dice, it's not hard to imagine him being a Top 5 guy. In the back-end of 12 team drafts, I'd be happy with a pair of Richardson/McFadden.

Reggie Bush is another option in the middle rounds. He had a career year last year and most anticipate him to regress, especially if Daniel Thomas can improve this offseason. But, Bush might be the best receiver on the Dolphins now. Word is Philbin will return him to his "hybrid" RB/WR role. I don't think 150/700 rushing and 60/500 receiving with 6-7 TD's is out of the question which would make him a borderline RB1/2 yet again.

I don't want to roll the dice with Run DMC. Richardson however is a solid #2. I'm also thinking of CJ1K. He is out to prove something apparently. MJD is questionable. Wants a new contract and is holding out for one. That coupled with the franchise he runs for don't quite cut it for me.

Yup. If you're willing to accept you might only get 10 good games out of him, you'll love him for those 10 games. And of course, injuries are unpredictable, so if he does throw in a full season it's even better.

Rice, McCoy, MJD - my top three

after that I think all RB's available are a crap shoot...

Foster - When was the last time the Texans had a RB last longer than two seasons?

Matthews - I just don't get it, he is ranked so high but I do not have a clue why?

CJ2K - okay, this guy had a bad season and he has real talent. He could be back this season and become the number 1 RB in the game, but I did say "could" whodathunk that he might be a sleeper?

Run Dmc - If he can stay healthy he will be a top 5 RB for sure, but can he stay healthy?

T Rich - he is in Cleveland, rookie QB and rookie RB could have a lot of defenses putting a lot of men in the box a clogging running lanes.

Forte - he is a dual threat he catches and he runs... next to AP he may be the most talented true RB in the league, but does he even have a contract yet? and WHY?

Charles - wil he be what everyone said he was going to be last season after his injury? Only time will tell... but the albino Rhino is there along with McCluster.

I could go on all day but I will leave it at that.

Rice, McCoy, MJD - my top three

after that I think all RB's available are a crap shoot...

Foster - When was the last time the Texans had a RB last longer than two seasons?

Matthews - I just don't get it, he is ranked so high but I do not have a clue why?

CJ2K - okay, this guy had a bad season and he has real talent. He could be back this season and become the number 1 RB in the game, but I did say "could" whodathunk that he might be a sleeper?

Run Dmc - If he can stay healthy he will be a top 5 RB for sure, but can he stay healthy?

T Rich - he is in Cleveland, rookie QB and rookie RB could have a lot of defenses putting a lot of men in the box a clogging running lanes.

Forte - he is a dual threat he catches and he runs... next to AP he may be the most talented true RB in the league, but does he even have a contract yet? and WHY?

Charles - wil he be what everyone said he was going to be last season after his injury? Only time will tell... but the albino Rhino is there along with McCluster.

I could go on all day but I will leave it at that.

don't forget Lynch the Skittles man. Then w/ADs injury last yr I'd still put Adrian in the top 10 maybe 7.

Instead of looking at RBs to take, I like to look at the ones to avoid. Also, I like to study the RB list on Yahoo (thats who I use) to see which RBs are projected where. There is usually someone in the 100s who shoudnt be. If you can grab him, you're good.

I remember a couple years back, Yahoo had Ray Rice at 119. I get him in 6th round. It was a joke.