Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTC

Colts waive OC Jake Kirkpatrick

13 posts in this topic

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Roster move...waived center Jake Kirkpatrick.

He had no shot at making the roster anyhow. Best of luck to him.

I guess that's why the Cowboys didn't want to take him in the trade, 'cause they knew we'd end up cutting him , and they wouldn't have to give up anything (Jenkins).

jk

Nothing against Kirkpatrick, but I like how this regime is constantly looking to upgrade the team, even if they're PS players at best.

Also, it appears to me that players with injury concerns aren't even going to be addressed when it comes to choosing a team.

I personally believe he never had a shot. Too many new bodies on the offensive line that show better potential. Love the fact that we're always looking for better talent. Better talent Better competition Better team.

I like how this regime is constantly looking to upgrade the team

Love the fact that we're always looking for better talent.

Is not every team in the league doing the same thing - such as by releasing the players that we later pick up as "improvements"?

Was the Colts prior FO working to downgrade the team?

The grass is always greener, and people always think that they can do something with a prospect that another team couldn't - yet the vast majority of fringe roster moves amount to absolutely nothing. I'm saving my applause until I see how it plays out on the field.

They sure did not make as many moves or adjustments to the roster especially offensive line via free agency or trade

Is not every team in the league doing the same thing - such as by releasing the players that we later pick up as "improvements"?

The grass is always greener, and people always think that they can do something with a prospect that another team couldn't - yet the vast majority of fringe roster moves amount to absolutely nothing. I'm saving my applause until I see how it plays out on the field.

We have had a lot of loyalty to players past there prime or were just not good. Sanders, hayden, addai n clark to an extent, bracket plus many more. Thats why many were let go when we began cleaning house.

We pretty much tiptoed through opportunities in the past, talking about growing our own from the draft. I have to agree that this team is turning every stone in the creek, looking for improvement.

Grigson makes waiver moves as frequently as I do in fantasy football :), lol.

Well if the coaches tells grigson this player has no shot to make the team. No sense to keep him around waive him and bring in somebody new and see what he has to offer

did we sign anyone to replace him

did we sign anyone to replace him

Not yet.