•  

Photo

Colts waive OC Jake Kirkpatrick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4866 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Roster move...waived center Jake Kirkpatrick.

He had no shot at making the roster anyhow. Best of luck to him.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 buccolts

buccolts
  • 1964 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

I guess that's why the Cowboys didn't want to take him in the trade, 'cause they knew we'd end up cutting him , and they wouldn't have to give up anything (Jenkins).

jk
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#3 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6284 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nothing against Kirkpatrick, but I like how this regime is constantly looking to upgrade the team, even if they're PS players at best.

Also, it appears to me that players with injury concerns aren't even going to be addressed when it comes to choosing a team.

#4 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2568 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Eh... A.Q Shipley is better anyways.

#5 DarkHorse

DarkHorse
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

I personally believe he never had a shot. Too many new bodies on the offensive line that show better potential. Love the fact that we're always looking for better talent. Better talent Better competition Better team.

#6 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4654 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I like how this regime is constantly looking to upgrade the team

Love the fact that we're always looking for better talent.

Is not every team in the league doing the same thing - such as by releasing the players that we later pick up as "improvements"?

Was the Colts prior FO working to downgrade the team?

The grass is always greener, and people always think that they can do something with a prospect that another team couldn't - yet the vast majority of fringe roster moves amount to absolutely nothing. I'm saving my applause until I see how it plays out on the field.

#7 DarkHorse

DarkHorse
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

They sure did not make as many moves or adjustments to the roster especially offensive line via free agency or trade

Is not every team in the league doing the same thing - such as by releasing the players that we later pick up as "improvements"?

The grass is always greener, and people always think that they can do something with a prospect that another team couldn't - yet the vast majority of fringe roster moves amount to absolutely nothing. I'm saving my applause until I see how it plays out on the field.

#8 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1193 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

We have had a lot of loyalty to players past there prime or were just not good. Sanders, hayden, addai n clark to an extent, bracket plus many more. Thats why many were let go when we began cleaning house.

#9 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

We pretty much tiptoed through opportunities in the past, talking about growing our own from the draft. I have to agree that this team is turning every stone in the creek, looking for improvement.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#10 chad72

chad72
  • 8414 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Grigson makes waiver moves as frequently as I do in fantasy football :), lol.

#11 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5319 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well if the coaches tells grigson this player has no shot to make the team. No sense to keep him around waive him and bring in somebody new and see what he has to offer

#12 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7001 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

did we sign anyone to replace him

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4866 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

did we sign anyone to replace him

Not yet.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates