Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Haden an Option for Colts?

TKnight24

LOL at you. someone beat you to the punch:

Fantasy Expert@MrFantasyExpert

SOURCE: #Colts working on a trade to acquire #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Jets to receive Colts 2013 2nd rounder. Revis gets extension + $. 9h ago

I was joking. I may as well have written "Hearing trade rumors of a possible trade between the #Colts and #Steelers for Polamalu and for a 2018 7th round pick in return. #COLTSSTRONG".

now its my turn to say "come on"......

credible? I never alluded to that. it was posted as rumor and nothing more.

I'm not trying to be harsh. My point is this: If the so-called source has absolutely no credibility, why does it even warrant further attention - especially on a forum where a lot of people are trying to decipher what's real and what isn't at this current time?

I'm not trying to be harsh. My point is this: If the so-called source has absolutely no credibility, why does it even warrant further attention - especially on a forum where a lot of people are trying to decipher what's real and what isn't at this current time?

sources with no credibility have found to be accurate in the past. that's how they become credible. chances might be ultra slim, but if turns out to be true, what then?

do we brush it off as a "lucky shot in the dark" and nothing more? continue to discredit?

1. sources with no credibility have found to be accurate in the past. that's how they become credible. chances might be ultra slim, but if turns out to be true, what then?

2. do we brush it off as a "lucky shot in the dark" and nothing more? continue to discredit?

1. Chances of this guy being right are close to zero if you apply logic. He has no validity. No reason for us to believe him. The fact is, there's close to no chance this guy knows anything, so his so-called information doesn't matter.

2. In the odd chance that he is right due to actual information, then sure, he deserves at least a hint of appreciation. That doesn't change the fact that the chance of this happening is non-existant. He may even just be trolling and end up being right by making a lucky guess. Logic states he doesn't deserve recognition in that case. Either way, he doesn't deserve our time - especially when we're trying to find out what's actually happening. Some random guy putting out random information on twitter without at least having known connections - and actually sparking this conversation is just ridiculous.

Which brings me back to #1. He has zero credibility. He's completely unknown, and probably just a fan who's having a laugh. I've spent way too much time on explaining my views on this situation already. If you don't agree with what I've written here, then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Off-conversation: Haden would be a great acquisition, and I'm not bashing whether or not there's a chance of us getting him. I'm merely concerned by the lack of source criticism (not just from you), I've seen so far on these boards concerning these trade rumours. If you felt it was a hit on you, I apologize. I was merely trying to be informational. Have a good day ;)