Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Haden an Option for Colts?

TKnight24

Everyone says they want us to have an Elite CB. Soo, why not get Joe Haden? Maybe Trade for him or Find out when his Contract is up. This is just a Suggestion, probably won't happen. But hey, we can all Dream right? He's sitting on a Team (Browns) that isn't any Competition & isnt going anywhere even with the Additions of Weeden & Richardson. But what do you guys think about this?

Did Chris Johnson, former Raiders' CB, sign with the Jets yet? Just curious if he is still available, he was interviewing with the Jets.

Dont see him on their roster. So I'm guessing no unless they just havent updated the Roster on NFL.com

Remember, the Browns didn't just use a #1 pick to take Haden.... they used a high #1.... if memory serves, a 7th overall....

He's a building block for them. So, for us to pry him loose it's not going to happen for our #1 next year. The Browns would need to have their socks knocked off. Let's not go there.

Patience. This won't be built overnight. It won't be built by this time next year. It's just not. This was a tear-down and a rebuild. That takes time. Hopefully we have the GM/HC to do it right. I think they've taken the right first steps.

Don't drive yourself crazy playing the 'what if' game..... it rarely ends up working out as you hope....

Just my $.02.....

NCF

Both make GOOD Points. But like I said, it was just a Dream lol. But no Question he is One of the BEST CB's in the NFL & would Solidify our Secondary

Oh, well then, let's do it.

I'm in.

BTW, didn't someone else already start a DREAM thread?

That one was actually quite entertaining.

Was there an announcer in your Haden dream?

Just wonderin'

This makes absolutely no sense! ... Why would a team that is in a similar situation(building vs. a significant rebuild) as the Colts give up one of their best players, only to be in the same situation as the Colts; sifting through FA's trying to find a band aid ... we should see if they would throw in Joe Thomas while we are at it. :facepalm:

The basis of your dream seems to be that the Browns have no will to compete, nor any expectation of success - ever. In actuality the Browns may well be a much better team than the Colts next year (if perhaps limited by being in a better division). There is no point in even dreaming about them trading away their foundation players. We aren't talking about the Washington Generals here (although sometimes it seems like it).

Here is a reason....they had a better record then us and he is a building block of their team. Why don't we trade Andrew Luck to Arizona. We aren't going anywhere and they need an upgrade to qb. I mean clearly there is no reason not to since they need him and we aren't as good. He will just be wasted here. I don't know why we bother with this stuff. I should learn to ignore these topics. I was stupid enough to think that we were talking about some other Joe Haden. Topics like this should have a Madden symbol in front of them. Like the only universe this would happen is on a video game.

Everyone says they want us to have an Elite CB. Soo, why not get Joe Haden? Maybe Trade for him or Find out when his Contract is up. This is just a Suggestion, probably won't happen. But hey, we can all Dream right? He's sitting on a Team (Browns) that isn't any Competition & isnt going anywhere even with the Additions of Weeden & Richardson. But what do you guys think about this?

Why stop at Haden? Let's get Revis too!

Salary cap, nothing to trade, just minor details.

I dont think the colts need to give upp any draft picks for a guy. they need to just start concentrating on drafting talent. this years draft was mostly offense, maybe next years draft will be mostly defense. Montei Te'o anyone? and if not te'o then get Honey Badger Mathieu for the secondary.

haden is a top 5 cb in the nfl and no way the browns trade him. if they did decide to trade him he would cost us bethea,fleener,2nd round pick, and maybe a cb in return.

Honestly, I think he'd cost us much, much more than that. He was picked in the top-10 of the draft. We haven't offered any top 10 players in your trade proposal. I think the Browns would ask for at least two 1st round picks... and likely more than that.

Just my hunch from following the draft for 45 years.... (I started following when I was very young!)

Just my $.02....

NCF

Honestly, I think he'd cost us much, much more than that. He was picked in the top-10 of the draft. We haven't offered any top 10 players in your trade proposal. I think the Browns would ask for at least two 1st round picks... and likely more than that.

Just my hunch from following the draft for 45 years.... (I started following when I was very young!)

Just my $.02....

NCF

Unless your name is aaron Rodgers no one has that much value. Draft picks are like gold to teams. I think it's far more likely they would just say we have no interest in trading him.

Unless your name is aaron Rodgers no one has that much value. Draft picks are like gold to teams. I think it's far more likely they would just say we have no interest in trading him.

You may be right. But all I was trying to suggest to the poster was that his offer to Cleveland for Haden wasn't nearly enough. And sometimes teams say "we have no interest in trading player 'x' " by saying "OK, you want him? Here's what it's going to cost you...... "

By the way, RG3 is *not* Aaron Rodgers, at least, not yet. And he commanded three 1's and a 2. Now, you can argue the QB position is at a super premium these days. I get that. But the Falcons traded up a year ago for WR Julio Jones and paid a boat load in draft picks. That started with two 1's and then added on. You just never know what some teams will be willing to do.....

Just food for thought....

NewColtsFan

You may be right. But all I was trying to suggest to the poster was that his offer to Cleveland for Haden wasn't nearly enough. And sometimes teams say "we have no interest in trading player 'x' " by saying "OK, you want him? Here's what it's going to cost you...... "

By the way, RG3 is *not* Aaron Rodgers, at least, not yet. And he commanded three 1's and a 2. Now, you can argue the QB position is at a super premium these days. I get that. But the Falcons traded up a year ago for WR Julio Jones and paid a boat load in draft picks. That started with two 1's and then added on. You just never know what some teams will be willing to do.....

Just food for thought....

NewColtsFan

The second overall pick was worth that much. Yes we all knew what the Redskins were going to do with it but history has shown us once a player is drafted the value goes down from there.

I'll change my statement a bit as I remember Cutler was worth two draft picks a third pick and a player and clearly he's no Aaron Rodgers either. Franchise QBs are about the only players you see traded for that much value.

Corners you don't. Teams either just say no we aren't interested in trading them or they got for lesser picks. You have to be a franchise player or have another team think you are going to be a franchise player in order to get more than first round pick out of a team. While Joe Haden is a very good player he's not a franchise player by himself.

Again I think it's far more likely the Browns would just say we aren't interested in trading him. We can come up with mock trades all day and then talk about if those mock trades are good enough or not but in the end none of them really matter because I honestly doubt the Browns are interested in trading Haden in the first place and on that point I think you and me agree.

Corners you don't. Teams either just say no we aren't interested in trading them or they got for lesser picks. You have to be a franchise player or have another team think you are going to be a franchise player in order to get more than first round pick out of a team.

Last big time trade for a corner that I remember was Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis. And that was 8 years ago. There might be others between now and then that I don't remember. But trades for high profile corners aren't common.

Last big time trade for a corner that I remember was Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis. And that was 8 years ago. There might be others between now and then that I don't remember. But trades for high profile corners aren't common.

Right that's still not mutlipal first round picks which is what I was getting at. Normally to get mutlipal first round picks out of a team that guy has to be seen as a guy who can be the franchise guy. Even then if a guy is truly a franchise guy most of the time the team that has him wont trade him at all. I am not saying that top corners have no value at all I am just saying teams won't give up mutlipal first round picks for one.

Right that's still not mutlipal first round picks which is what I was getting at. Normally to get mutlipal first round picks out of a team that guy has to be seen as a guy who can be the franchise guy. Even then if a guy is truly a franchise guy most of the time the team that has him wont trade him at all. I am not saying that top corners have no value at all I am just saying teams won't give up mutlipal first round picks for one.

Yeah, I agree. Just lending to your point, there's a reason top flight corners almost never get traded.

• 2 months later...

bump for the new rumor.

@akacoltsnation

Hearing talk of the #colts sending a 2nd round draft pick to the #browns for cb Joe Haden #COLTSTRONG

lets see if Knight was prophetic.

Seriously, this is the equivalent of me posting the following on twitter: "Hearing talk of the #Colts sending a 3rd round pick to the #Jets for CB Darrelle Revis #COLSTRONG". Come on..

Seriously, this is the equivalent of me posting the following on twitter: "Hearing talk of the #Colts sending a 3rd round pick to the #Jets for CB Darrelle Revis #COLSTRONG". Come on..

but you didn't. this guy did. he started the rumor. its out there, and that's why its getting a bump. makes for interesting fodder. lighten up.

LOL at you. someone beat you to the punch:

Fantasy Expert@MrFantasyExpert

SOURCE: #Colts working on a trade to acquire #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Jets to receive Colts 2013 2nd rounder. Revis gets extension + $. 9h ago

but you didn't. this guy did. he started the rumor. its out there, and that's why its getting a bump. makes for interesting fodder. lighten up.

You missed the point. Some random Colts fan posts a probable troll comment on twitter and suddenly it's worthy of being posted on here as a credible rumor. This guy is probably sitting right now behind his keyboard laughing his butt off.