Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100GFB

What's for dinner?

366 posts in this topic

Crock Pot Pizza..... YUM

It's that time of year again.... I bring out the crock pot recipes... That way my family still gets fed while I'm busy watching football ;)

Can you send me that? I am gonna have some good cooking to do soon....I need a new book of crockpot recipes....pizza sounds excellent.

Can you send me that? I am gonna have some good cooking to do soon....I need a new book of crockpot recipes....pizza sounds excellent.

check your messages it's on the way.......

Crock Pot Pizza..... YUM

It's that time of year again.... I bring out the crock pot recipes... That way my family still gets fed while I'm busy watching football ;)

Love to eat but no time when football is on! Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Dominos dominate my football season

Crock Pot Pizza..... YUM

oh, we are we suposed to give them more than just cereal? JK :)

Crock Pot Pizza..... YUM

Gramz I'd also love to have that recipe.

Gramz I'd also love to have that recipe.

Just sent it to you. Enjoy..!!!

Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole sounds heavenly tonight.

1 person likes this

Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole sounds heavenly tonight.

Sounds great...just finished making some homemade chicken and noodles. I love green bean casserole......
2 people like this

Costco hot dogs. Sorry guys and gals but that was dinner! Oh the bad was no onions and no deli mustard!!!!!!!!!

Costco hot dogs. Sorry guys and gals but that was dinner! Oh the bad was no onions and no deli mustard!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine once said "A man's gotta eat ya know." :) I sometimes miss having a good hot dog or brat at the old ball park....and foot longs at the State Fair...of course loaded down. I won't get on ya buddy....I wish I could still eat 'em' sometimes. :)

Turkey Burgers seasoned with Lawry's Taco seasoning and topped with cilantro-pineapple cole slaw.

Just a couple teaspoons of the taco seasoning mixed in with the ground turkey and whatever else you might like to blend in there.

The slaw is easy...just a 1 lb. bag of store bought shredded cole slaw and a bottle of Trader Joe's Low-Fat Cilantro dressing instead of regular cole slaw dressing. I added some chopped pineapple to it as well.

We used it on these turkey burgers tonight and the rest is going on grilled fish tacos tomorrow.

Good stuff!

Turkey Burgers seasoned with Lawry's Taco seasoning and topped with cilantro-pineapple cole slaw.

Just a couple teaspoons of the taco seasoning mixed in with the ground turkey and whatever else you might like to blend in there.

The slaw is easy...just a 1 lb. bag of store bought shredded cole slaw and a bottle of Trader Joe's Low-Fat Cilantro dressing instead of regular cole slaw dressing. I added some chopped pineapple to it as well.

We used it on these turkey burgers tonight and the rest is going on grilled fish tacos tomorrow.

Good stuff!

I do turkey burger Friday's when at my fiance's.....that slaw sounds great! Need to find that Trader Joe's mix.'

I am a huge fan of the past orzo, and I use it as an al dente substitute for rice. I am going to try an orzo version of Sesame Chicken fried rice tonight. I cannot wit to see how it turns out!!! :)

I do turkey burger Friday's when at my fiance's.....that slaw sounds great! Need to find that Trader Joe's mix.'

I am a huge fan of the past orzo, and I use it as an al dente substitute for rice. I am going to try an orzo version of Sesame Chicken fried rice tonight. I cannot wit to see how it turns out!!! :)

Could not edit....last post should read "pasta orzo" Sorry.

I don't like you anymore Brent..Its almost 5 AM, I can't sleep, and now you got me hungry for my wife's homemade chicken and noodles. (best I ever ate) :):thmup: .

I'm PM'ing you a link to a local dairy back where I come from..they have great recipes for food I grew up with..like Chicken corn soup, Amish style chicken pot pie, etc.

When I'm more awake, I'll tell you how I make the pot pie...its basically the same but mine has improvements.

1 person likes this

I don't like you anymore Brent..Its almost 5 AM, I can't sleep, and now you got me hungry for my wife's homemade chicken and noodles. (best I ever ate) :):thmup: .

I'm PM'ing you a link to a local dairy back where I come from..they have great recipes for food I grew up with..like Chicken corn soup, Amish style chicken pot pie, etc.

When I'm more awake, I'll tell you how I make the pot pie...its basically the same but mine has improvements.

I was JUST looking at that recipe on the pot pie!!! You my friend read my mind. Thanks for the link.....I still like you :( HA HA!

Oh yeah Brent...orzo is a great side dish. I haven't had any in quite a while.....I'll have to work that onto the menu some time soon. A restaurant I went to last year serves it with braised lamb shanks.

That Trader Joe's Cilantro dressing, by the way, is bottled and sold in the refrigerated produce section. And the dressing is only 45 calories per serving.....less than half the typical cole slaw dressing.

1 person likes this

Hey pacolts did you try that Okinawan Pork?

Wife is doing some type of spring roll from a fitness instructor will be doing my own taste test in a while.

Oh yes and drinking a pumpkin beer not bad but just give me my Coors Light and I'm happy.

1 person likes this

Hey pacolts did you try that Okinawan Pork?

Wife is doing some type of spring roll from a fitness instructor will be doing my own taste test in a while.

Oh yes and drinking a pumpkin beer not bad but just give me my Coors Light and I'm happy.

Sure did....I used a doctored up stir fry sauce that was really syrupy and basted that onto grilled pork kabob chunks. Thanks for the idea....we enjoyed it.

Oh yeah Brent...orzo is a great side dish. I haven't had any in quite a while.....I'll have to work that onto the menu some time soon. A restaurant I went to last year serves it with braised lamb shanks.

That Trader Joe's Cilantro dressing, by the way, is bottled and sold in the refrigerated produce section. And the dressing is only 45 calories per serving.....less than half the typical cole slaw dressing.

As a rice substitute.....incredible. Denene helped me last night....the chicken fried 'orzo' rice was incredible, and we added stir fry to the mix. A perfect healthy meal. I love brown rice, but sometime do not enjoy the 'consistency.

You can never (I guess don't say never) fail with orzo....even in crock pot recipes.....it flat out holds up. I am hungry and it is 24e EDT :) Lamb sounds good...not to BAAAAAD...if I say so myself :)

1 person likes this

As a rice substitute.....incredible. Denene helped me last night....the chicken fried 'orzo' rice was incredible, and we added stir fry to the mix. A perfect healthy meal. I love brown rice, but sometime do not enjoy the 'consistency.

You can never (I guess don't say never) fail with orzo....even in crock pot recipes.....it flat out holds up. I am hungry and it is 24e EDT :) Lamb sounds good...not to BAAAAAD...if I say so myself :)

I obviously could not type at 240EDT :)
1 person likes this

Roast pork tonight! Just thinking about the sides - the wine oh yes and starch and veg!

Going to a JV football game so we're packing it: roast beef sandwiches and chips.

Sounds like a plan! I had to cheat tonight...long drive north...Pizza and wings here....and I aint cookin! I will the rest of the week!!! Enjoy the game!

Roast pork tonight! Just thinking about the sides - the wine oh yes and starch and veg!

A nice fresh coleslaw sounds good...or braised cabbage.

Sounds like a plan! I had to cheat tonight...long drive north...Pizza and wings here....and I aint cookin! I will the rest of the week!!! Enjoy the game!

Pizza and wings do sound good. Thanks!

1 person likes this

A nice fresh coleslaw sounds good...or braised cabbage.

OK Brent..that's the first post you made in this thread that didn't make me hungry... :yay:

Think I'll head over to this meat market down the road that grills meats, get me a half rack of baby back ribs that just fall off the bone, half a BBQ chicken, and while I'm there pick up some macaroni salad, and some block cheese to munch on later..

you can have your pizza and coleslaw..lol :yay:

Tonight its Thai Curry Chicken w/peas...and quinoa & lentils on the side.

1 person likes this

OK Brent..that's the first post you made in this thread that didn't make me hungry... :yay:

Think I'll head over to this meat market down the road that grills meats, get me a half rack of baby back ribs that just fall off the bone, half a BBQ chicken, and while I'm there pick up some macaroni salad, and some block cheese to munch on later..

you can have your pizza and coleslaw..lol :yay:

I love your plan Colt Fan 4 Life! I told my fiance's daughter that it is back to Homemade chicken and noodles with my famous garlic mashed potatoes with fresh green beans.seasoned red onion and smoked sausage!!!!

check your messages it's on the way.......

can you message me that too? sounds good and I'm also curious as to what the crust is?

Crock Pot Pizza..... YUM

am going to have to try this! sounds good and easy for college life... :) would you mind sending me the recipe whenever?

going home to see my family for dinner and am making tacos with (mostly) homemade seasoning and homemade soft taco shells. a family favorite. :D

can you message me that too? sounds good and I'm also curious as to what the crust is?

I have all of the ingredients for the kids! I cannot wait to make it..................sounds like a 'fun' recipe where you can add all of your favorites.....MMMMMMMMMMM! :)

OK.....cheating tonight.

Going out to dinner tonight with kids and fiance....the local Mexican restaurant is incredible in this small town!!! The buffet is good, may try something off of the menu....to keep my 'figure.' :)

Huge breakfast tomorrow......plenty of eggs and cheese on hand.............I am hungry!!!! Fall Festival/Oktoberfest tomorrow as well....cannot wait!

OK.....cheating tonight.

Going out to dinner tonight with kids and fiance....the local Mexican restaurant is incredible in this small town!!! The buffet is good, may try something off of the menu....to keep my 'figure.' :)

Huge breakfast tomorrow......plenty of eggs and cheese on hand.............I am hungry!!!! Fall Festival/Oktoberfest tomorrow as well....cannot wait!

haha

485748_463853020326492_2019067340_n.jpg

2 people like this

Christmas dinner tomorrow....

Roast Leg of Lamb / Mashed Potatoes / Steamed Carrots / Tossed Salad / Fig Pudding w/ Rum Sauce

We got this 7 pounder ready to go.....

lamb_zps40388537.jpg

1 person likes this

Wow, my Forum friends cook some tasty cuisine for dinner!!! I'm with urusai on this one. I need to take a road trip, visit all my friends, & become a master chef food critic I think. haha:lol: Sounds good to me anyway. :thmup:

urusai can specialize in the main course. Whereas, I will specialize in deserts. Yum! Yum! Good!

Then my friend, you would look as talk as nasty as Gordon Ramsey, act all snobbish like Joe Bastianich, and become as ugly as Graham Elliot and those out of style Elton John type glasses...no thanks...We like you just the way you are!  :thmup:

(note: this is to discourage him from begging scraps from our great meals.) :lol::funny::lol::funny::lol:

Christmas dinner tomorrow....

Roast Leg of Lamb / Mashed Potatoes / Steamed Carrots / Tossed Salad / Fig Pudding w/ Rum Sauce

We got this 7 pounder ready to go.....

lamb_zps40388537.jpg

Wow....looks seasoned and ready for the oven!  Merry Christmas!  Enjoy!!

Christmas.....baked turkey, oyster dressing. green bean casserole......Caesar salad..........and a whole lot more....desserts..................to be announced....Surprise!  :)........oh...and turkey noodles...

2 people like this