Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Working Out Housh Tomorrow

Coltsman1788

Sure why not... they've signed everyone else while having one of the richest paid QB's in the league. Once again, New England finds ways to defy the salary cap.

But seriously though, which is it? Is he signing with us, or is he signing with the Colts? This is getting ridiculous.

reading helps

"The depth has been thinned a bit on the practice field of late, with Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman and Taylor Price -- top contenders for backup spots behind Chad Ochocinco, Wes Welker and Deion Branch -- all sidelined.

This could be a case where the Patriots are simply keeping their emergency list fresh.

Houshmandzadeh would likely project to more of a slot role with the club, and that's where Welker does his best work. Edelman is Welker's backup"

lol and if they sign housh then they will be the new bengals lol and how many playoff games did the bengals win with ochocinco and housh as WR's?? yeah my thoughts too hhahaha

Intelligent post.

/sarcasm off

Yep, it was because of Ochocinco and Housh that they didn't win a playoff game.

Again, /sarcasm off.

Your history shows that all you do is bash the Patriots.

Insecure much?

Sure why not... they've signed everyone else while having one of the richest paid QB's in the league. Once again, New England finds ways to defy the salary cap.

But seriously though, which is it? Is he signing with us, or is he signing with the Colts? This is getting ridiculous.

Are you telling us that you are really a Patriot fan? haha You sure had me fooled all this time.

I sincerely hope the Patriots don't grab Housh. You guys can have him! He's basically dropped off the map the past two years in situations that offered good opportunities.

This means nothing about Ochocinco's future, BTW. You don't trade for a guy, pay him a $4M bonus, and then cut him loose.

I sincerely hope the Patriots don't grab Housh. You guys can have him! He's basically dropped off the map the past two years in situations that offered good opportunities.

This means nothing about Ochocinco's future, BTW. You don't trade for a guy, pay him a $4M bonus, and then cut him loose.

I wouldn't worry. This just BB working on his 3rd reserve company:)

Reserve for the backup WR which apparently are somewhat injured.

There is no BB vocabulary IF we stay healthy.

Of course should he make the team, get on fire...all bets off as always BB plays they best.

Well normally you dont do that but there is talk that the hoodie is going to cut haynesworth or ocho before the season starts.

Source

Yeah, saw the articles earlier.

They reported the same thing about Randy Moss in 2007 after he barely practiced and didn't take a snap in preseason. Game one against the Jets he suits up, catching 9 balls for over 180 yards and a TD.

If there's one thing any half-intelligent and observant Patriots fan has learned, it's that you don't listen to media "rumors" or speculation when it comes to your team. The notion of cutting Ochocinco, after giving him a $4M bonus and trading a pick for him, just to "make a point" to younger players is asinine. Less so with Haynesworth, because as far as reports go he's had no bonus structured into his contract, but even still... Belichick doesn't do things just to make a point. To anyone.

I wouldn't worry. This just BB working on his 3rd reserve company:)

Reserve for the backup WR which apparently are somewhat injured.

There is no BB vocabulary IF we stay healthy.

Of course should he make the team, get on fire...all bets off as always BB plays they best.

Just wondering if this could mean that they're either giving up on Tate or if Price's injury from Thursday is potentially bad.

I guess TJ offers some nice depth, but... still don't really want him, unless we need him, if you follow me.

He is a free agent. I don't see this happening barring injury to one or more of the Patriots receivers. T.J. would be nice to have (remember the season he and Welker both tied for most receptions?), but the Pats don't really need him. They're looking for backups, and as usual, even their backups are better than some starters. Does anyone else think their third string could legitimately beat the Bengal starters? Cuz I do.