Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Packers Preseason Game Night Thread

pavemento

Fili Moala is playing lights out, whether against starters or backups. Just blowing into the backfield on runs or passing. Drake Nevis, as always, is having another monster game. Wow! It is early, but with these guys and the new pickups, this could be the deepest Colt D-Line in the Manning era.

Oh, Freeney was a monster today!!! The Saints and the Patriots O-lines will be our biggest tests for pass D, and our division rivals for run D.

Something changed, the 1st and 2nd string Ds look faster, and they are playing more like the Tampa Bay Bucs, swarming to the ball, and not just reacting. True Tampa 2, you can call that, and playing it well.

Wow. That onside kick was rough. I really wanted to see our guys win this one. Bonehead penalty was not good at all but then onside kick brought back some bad memories. not to mention it being followed by man on man on the outside with our CB 10 yrds off for a quick 10 yards to get in field goal range..........

That being said, saw some great things tonight. Harris and Sims look like great additions to our D. We held their starters to 10 points in 1st half without Bethea (they were without Jennings tho...) Way to go Painter, showed a lot of improvement tonight. Wayne looked great, Garcon had a few drops but hauled in another great deep ball, and Brooks had a nice TD grab. I also really like Gilreath on PR. He looked good with the ball but knew when to call fair catch.

Kinda of a heart breaking loss but the things I saw from the starters and some backups out weighed that. Very excited to see our team at full strength this year!!