Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Lowe's source

Peyton and Eli fan

Rob Lowe is on Letterman tonight. Just saw a clip. He says his source on the Peyton is retiring tweet was one of Peyton's doctors who called him up and said he thought Peyton was done. He didn't specify if it was a private doctor or a team doctor.

Pretty lousy doctor if that's true.

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=EBEI3NgPeKobIN96Kw7TvLJsYqF53kK7

i think david is right. no doctor that saw peyton would confide such info to rob lowe. i do think his the story is partially true. some doctor that has knowledge of peyton's type of injury told rob he thinks peyton will never play again

from a colts fan's perspective, we all wanted to believe it at the time because we knew he'd never play as a colt again

He just needs to keep his mouth shut. He's an actor, not an insider. Stick to portraying hockey players, not pretending to know about football players...

Reporters an fans do it all the time.

He's also a fan. He just has a bigger spotlight on him.

Either that's a terrible doctor or he's lying. I want to go with the latter. You want to tell me that the doctor checked out Peyton, determined he wouldn't be able to play, then the first though that came to his mind was "I should tell Rob Lowe this"?

Agreed. I'm pretty sure it would also be a criminal offense to tell someone about another person's medical situation, no?

Agreed. I'm pretty sure it would also be a criminal offense to tell someone about another person's medical situation, no?

It's certainly a major ethical violation and breaks the Hippocratic Oath and I'm sure you could easily argue it to be a criminal offense and win in a court of law

It's certainly a major ethical violation and breaks the Hippocratic Oath and I'm sure you could easily argue it to be a criminal offense and win in a court of law

He could probably lose his license, his job, and put himself at risk of getting sued, but would it really be a criminal offense?