Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best and worst teams in 2012-13 season

SubZero

Once next years season starts who do you predict will be the best and worst teams. And this is all record wise not who you think will win the super bowl.

Best: San Fransisco 49ers- They retained there defensive starters. They took some needed dips in FA. The draft will only make them better.

Record: 14-2

Worst: Miami Dolphins- They lost Brandon Marshall and a switch to a 4-3 is harder then it looks. With some losses in FA and the inability to sign FAs makes it worse. Also with the Dolphins most likel drafting Tannehill then they will waste a pick.

Record: 3-13

Best- Green Bay, could possibly be 49ers though

Worst= Minnesota or Cleveland, haven't seen much thus far in FA, draft could change this up some.

Don't see the Colts at the bottom despite all the changes, baring devastating injuries, with our schedule I see a minimum of 5 or 6 wins, maybe as high as 8. Ever the eternal optimist

This is an easy one for me, they have no quarterback, their is a rumor they might take Tannehill way to high, they have no number one wide receiver, Dolphins hand down, cant win games if you dont have a quarterback oh and cant win games if you have a wide receiver playing quarterback either, Tannehill is a good athlete sure but once he gets under Center in the NFL hes doomed, Colts arent far behind though

I think the Colts will be the worst for several years.

Can't say I agree with everyone about San Francisco. It practically never happens in the NFL that a team close to the promised land "only gets better" and finally gets there. They struck gold last year, but simply adding talent doesn't equate to better. Teams will have a year's worth of film on Harbaugh to draw from, some players will have probably grown tired of his mantra by the midway point, and there will certainly be injuries. Plus, some team somewhere will surprise everyone and knock off a playoff team from the year before. Happens every season. I say this as a fan of the 49ers: I guarantee you they take a step back. While most of their starters returned, that also means they are a year older, but not necessarily better. More teams regress in the NFL than improve.

Without Eli, the Giants lose that game? Er....but they do have Eli. Without Lewis, the Ravens D doesn't stop anybody. Without Peyton, the Colts are in LA right now. Without cheating, the Patriots have zero titles. You can't just say "without so-and-so". That isn't a valid argument. Besides, the 49ers made plenty of mistakes in that game regardless of what Eli was doing.

I think the Colts will be the worst for several years.

Can't say I agree with everyone about San Francisco. It practically never happens in the NFL that a team close to the promised land "only gets better" and finally gets there. They struck gold last year, but simply adding talent doesn't equate to better. Teams will have a year's worth of film on Harbaugh to draw from, some players will have probably grown tired of his mantra by the midway point, and there will certainly be injuries. Plus, some team somewhere will surprise everyone and knock off a playoff team from the year before. Happens every season. I say this as a fan of the 49ers: I guarantee you they take a step back. While most of their starters returned, that also means they are a year older, but not necessarily better. More teams regress in the NFL than improve.

Without Eli, the Giants lose that game? Er....but they do have Eli. Without Lewis, the Ravens D doesn't stop anybody. Without Peyton, the Colts are in LA right now. Without cheating, the Patriots have zero titles. You can't just say "without so-and-so". That isn't a valid argument. Besides, the 49ers made plenty of mistakes in that game regardless of what Eli was doing.

Really? So an extra year for Alex Smith wouldn't be benificial? Or Aldon Smith the rookie? Its not like their team is full of aging veterans, actually quite the opposite. I dont understand how an extra year hurts any team unless we're talking about guys who are in their late 30s. The reason being is, their offense was their downfall last year. Their defense has been good even before this past season. They addressed their biggest need in WR and got Alex some weapons. In their loss to the Giants, the WR's combined for a total of 1 catch for 3 yards. Yes, only 1 WR caught a ball in the NFCCG. Everything else was Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker.

You're also forgetting the NFC West is still a weak division. The reason the 49ers are considered the best team is they have retained nearly all their players and then added some talent to the weakest part of the team (WR). There are no guarantees but the way the thread is worded and having to make a choice based on what we know right now, the 49ers look like the NFC favorite right with the Pack and the Giants.

And please stop with the spygate crap, if you really think the Patriots cheated to 3 SB wins then I dont know what else to say.

Really? So an extra year for Alex Smith wouldn't be benificial? Or Aldon Smith the rookie? Its not like their team is full of aging veterans, actually quite the opposite. I dont understand how an extra year hurts any team unless we're talking about guys who are in their late 30s. The reason being is, their offense was their downfall last year. Their defense has been good even before this past season. They addressed their biggest need in WR and got Alex some weapons. In their loss to the Giants, the WR's combined for a total of 1 catch for 3 yards. Yes, only 1 WR caught a ball in the NFCCG. Everything else was Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker.

You're also forgetting the NFC West is still a weak division. The reason the 49ers are considered the best team is they have retained nearly all their players and then added some talent to the weakest part of the team (WR). There are no guarantees but the way the thread is worded and having to make a choice based on what we know right now, the 49ers look like the NFC favorite right with the Pack and the Giants.

And please stop with the spygate crap, if you really think the Patriots cheated to 3 SB wins then I dont know what else to say.

The only way I see the Niners faltering is if the Seahawks get going. I am potentially high on Flynn based on what I know from his time in Green Bay....good guy. Underrated team last year in Seattle too. Beat the Giants/Niners and were a tough out a lot. Decent D and can run the ball. Great home crowd.

I dont think the Colts will be the worst, but I wonder why more people arent saying Miami

I think I kinda liked the fight that team showed last year after the awful start maybe.

Overall, this is tough to do every offseason. There WILL be teams who suprise and do better then expected. And there WILL be a few who let us down with their high expectations.

I think the villain of the season could be the Saints if they do better then people expect/hope. And it would not shock me either considering how good they are in that dome. And Brees.

A Saints fan not long ago told me that the Saints might play with the amount of emotion they did in 2006 this coming season. A different kind of emotion though.

Will be interesting to see how they do. They could very well have a post spygate middle finger to the league type of season or else they could be nothing.......

Does bounty gate cancel out the SB host curse?

I think I kinda liked the fight that team showed last year after the awful start maybe.

Overall, this is tough to do every offseason. There WILL be teams who suprise and do better then expected. And there WILL be a few who let us down with their high expectations.

I think the villain of the season could be the Saints if they do better then people expect/hope. And it would not shock me either considering how good they are in that dome. And Brees.

That's how I feel about Miami. They started so bad but instead of trying to suck for Luck, they really fought to win and were quite feisty even in a lot of their losses. They haven't done anything to improve, but they seem to at least have some pride to defend.

That's how I feel about Miami. They started so bad but instead of trying to suck for Luck, they really fought to win and were quite feisty even in a lot of their losses. They haven't done anything to improve, but they seem to at least have some pride to defend.

And they even had a big lead vs. the Pats at the end of the season before the Brady comeback. Man that Pats D was awful at times last year.....

I really did think last year was the year for Baltimore at times. They still seem so due to me of all the AFC usual suspects. Then again so has Rivers and the Chargers and they keep blowing it.

I think the AFC North will play a key role again this season, one of them.

Best: GB/SF

Worst: MIN/CLE

Denver win SB and we all have mixed feelings...

Edit: Honestly, I think (at this early juncture) that the SB will be SF and NE. Battle of the best HCs, not that I am a fan of either team, but NE finds a way to win in the playoffs and SF is big and physical.

Only way I'd have mixed feelings is if they beat the Giants to do it. Otherwise, I'm completely rooting for Petyon to get another ring. But, boy do the Broncos have a hard schedule.

The AFC West jinx. Teams who play the AFC West in it's entirety since the realignment of the divisions have not won SBs. Victims include this past years Patriots and Packers.

Every SB winner since 2006 has played the NFC East in it's entirety. The SB winner is likely from the NFC East this year according to the pattern. The other divisions who play the NFC East (AFC North/NFC South) also play the AFC West so there is a canceling out effect possibly (like this past season's Pats).

I am hoping the patterns end but they came true again last year.

So according to the pattern I guess Eli can repeat. Or chad's Eagles might finally break through. ;) God help us if it's the Cowboys. Can't fathom the Skins are good enough, especially with a rookie QB in that division.

the nfc has more competition so i think the best team will come from the afc. the broncos are in the easist division in the afc so ill go 13-3. the vikings are in the toughest division in the nfl going against rodgers,stafford,2x and cutler who just got his favorite target in marshall. i dont thik they'll win a division gm maybe beat the jags so ill go 1-15 for the vikings. as for the colts our division isn't as hard and we also play the vikings,jets,dolphins,bills will finish 7-9 this year.

Best in the AFC: Baltimore Ravens (Ray Lewis will retire after this season. They will win him a ring)

Worst in the AFC: Jacksonville Jaguars (new ownership, new management... to many variables to call themselves a contender for at least two more years)

Best in the NFC: Detroit Lions (anyone else notice ever since Matt Millon left they are a franchise that people are talking about?)

Worst in the NFC: Carolina Panthers (Cam Newton sophomore year, nuff said)

You guys are really selling our team short. No way do we have a worse team than Miami, Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Washington, St. Louis, Arizona, and Minnesota.

Worst team will be Miami, best team probably Green Bay or New England.

I could agree with some being worse than the 2012 Colts, but teams that went 8-8 in 2011, I have a hard time accepting that.

Remember as of right now the success of the team is only based on assumption and guesswork. Luck could bomb his first year and the defense stay right where it is. You just don't know.