Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mockone.net Mock Draft

I was asked to be the Colts gm for this Mock draft. This is my second year doing it and its been fun. Heres what Ive done so far.

General Manager: @is3jay

Pick Overall Choice Notes 1.01 1 Andrew Luck, QB

from Stanford Autopick 2.07 39 Alameda Ta, DT

from Washington True NT's are hard to find and Alameda will be the first piece of Chuck Paganos defense. 3.01 65 Jayron Hosley, CB

from Virginia Tech Versatile ballhawk who will play opposite of Powers. He is also a very dangerous return man something we've been trying to find for years now. 4.02 97 5.01 128 6.01 160 6.02 161 7.01 191

Trade Details Pick 2.07 #MockOne: from Rams for pick(s): 2.02 6.01 #MockOne: from Rams for pick(s): 2.02

http://www.mockone.net/MockDraft/MockDraft.php

So I swapped my 4th and traded a 6th for another 4th in the deal. I drafted Marvin Mcnutt WR out of Iowa Hes a big target for Andrew Luck.

Through 4 rounds I have

1.01 Andrew Luck QB

2.39 Alameda Ta'amu NT

3.65 Jayron Hosley CB

4.117 Marvin McNutt WR

With pick 4.124, 5.128 , 6.160, and 7.190. I think Im done dealing but it I can acquire more picks and still get value Ill do so.

So I swapped my 4th and traded a 6th for another 4th in the deal. I drafted Marvin Mcnutt WR out of Iowa Hes a big target for Andrew Luck.

Through 4 rounds I have

1.01 Andrew Luck QB

2.39 Alameda Ta'amu NT

3.65 Jayron Hosley CB

4.117 Marvin McNutt WR

With pick 4.124, 5.128 , 6.160, and 7.190. I think Im done dealing but it I can acquire more picks and still get value Ill do so.

Nice one. Try and get Ladarius Green now!

MCnutt gave Dennard a real hard time...don't know if it's because he's good or Dennard sux....but Mcnutt couldn't catch anything on Jamal Flemming.

Biggest problem I have with McNutt is his last name.

Imagine

"Hey, whose the best players on yall'z team"

"Angerer, Luck and McNutt"

"LOLOLOLOLOL...naw but seriously"

Dennard over Kirkpatrick and Jenkins?? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I can't say I agree with you there if that is the case. I'm not that high on Gilmore, but personally, I'd rather have Gilmore over Dennard at the 34 spot.

With my 5th round pick I took Nigel Bradham linebacker out of FSU. With Gary Brackett and Phillip Wheeler no longer on the team. Were in need of some Linebackers especially when switching over to the 3-4. I think Nigel has the physical tools to play OLB or ILB. Pagano will put him to good use.

With my 6th round pick I took TE Evan Rodriguez Temple this guys gonna be a stud. He was a Mackey award candidate and just watching film hes all over the place. He can block very well and is a smooth athlete he runs some nice routes.

Have I said that I like this draft? No? Well after the Bradham and Rodriguez picks I love it. However I don't know much about Pierce and maybe would prefer an OG there personally, but It all depends on who was available.

Have I said that I like this draft? No? Well after the Bradham and Rodriguez picks I love it. However I don't know much about Pierce and maybe would prefer an OG there personally, but It all depends on who was available.

surprising if youve seen tape on Rodriguez Im sure youve seen some of Pierce without noticing. Go look at him the guy is a very hard runner with + vision

surprising if youve seen tape on Rodriguez Im sure youve seen some of Pierce without noticing. Go look at him the guy is a very hard runner with + vision

Yea I tend to zone in on the guy who is the reason I'm watching the game tape for haha. I went back and saw a tape of Pierce and from what I saw I liked him. He has good size and as you said nice vision...I'll try and watch some more tape on him soon and see if I still like him as much.

Draft grades courtesy of Evan Silva (Sr. NFL Editor of rotoworld.com)

The name of the game for Indianapolis' draft was getting good football players. After the Polian era, they don't have many left on the roster. The Colts drafted seven guys and they all can play.

The draft grader believes Robert Griffin III is a better quarterback prospect than Luck, but the difference is too negligible to dock Indianapolis' draft grade. Luck projects as a franchise quarterback, and the Colts seem to have determined that he's more ready to play than RG3.

Hosley is a top-50 talent in this draft, and Ta'amu will be a day-one starter at nose tackle. They are both value picks. McNutt is a straight-line receiver with size, but buildup speed. He was still well worth a pick after the midpoint of round four. Pierce lacks burst, but is a one-cut runner and the Colts will likely use plenty of zone-blocking concepts under Bruce Arians. Bradham was great value in the fifth. Rodriguez can cover kicks on special teams, and Harris holds his own in the slot.

The Colts improved in this draft, although adding a better receiver than McNutt would have been preferable, and the roster still has plenty of holes. With a B+ grade, though, it's a nice first step.