Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Official - Manning/broncos Press Con @ 3Pm Est

vinatierifan4

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Elway: "Our goal is to make Peyton Manning known as the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL."

Darn straight. The Broncos plan to offer what the Colts refused to. A team built to win. It just sickens me that Irsay never got into "win now" mode with Peyton. Year 10, 11, 12...they kept ticking by, and he kept allowing this team to overpay mediocre vets and draft the best of the rest.

Hopefully, Manning hoists another Lombardi or two.

So Peyton showed the teams the worst regarding his health and arm and they all still wanted him... :hmm:. He asked if they wanted more after he threw for 60+ passes.

If he had to play this Sunday, he could and he plans to play for a long time.

Wow...speechless.

Elway said "Plan B? We're going plan A!" hahaha funny stuff.

That was absolutely classic.

However, do I need to state the obvious here ......lol

Our lack of a Plan B didn't work out so well, now did it?

I'm so mad at Irsay right now I could spit fire.

I know Irsay made a tough decision...if it was the right one or not will be debated for ever...even if Luck came right out of the gate and wins a SB it would STILL be debated...

The bottom line is I see two sides...Irsay wanted to keep Manning but he couldn't afford it...we were in such a cap mess it was hardly plasuible. I also beleive that Irsay wanted Manning to go somewhere that he could win. I think Irsay made a decision on 2 tiers....first and foremost what was best for the franchise...and second what was best for Peyton.

I'm still excited for the Colts and I've never hated the Broncos so I'll route for them to win as long as it's not vs our Colts!

That just didnt look right. Ouch. Peyton in anything other than a horseshoe hurts like heck. He is going to have a major adjustment period. Getting his fam and kids in Denver will help. He talked about wearing Bronco gear all week to get use to it... bout made me wanna cry. Great thing is, Broncos wanna win, Manning wants to play, and hes close enough now i will see that happen. Dang, im not sure i can pull off orange though.. well, he is back in orange.. glad Frank unretired 18 and insisted Manning wear kt with pride. Very touching moment.

I wish Mr Manning the best as a Bronco. This day was coming even with out the injury. a small market team like the colts cannot have so much money invested in one player. sure he is great but if he goes down and all he does is make stiffs better you r in trouble.

it is offensive to my eyes to see Peyton topics on a team forum for which he is no longer a member.

I don't think there needs a explanation why Peyton Manning is a important subject among Colts fans. Manning threads still have their place in the Colts forum, as they will always make constant comparisons of his tenure of both teams.