Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Official - Manning/broncos Press Con @ 3Pm Est

vinatierifan4

I know it's MANNING and all...but for an unproven player (post major surgery) I'm surprised it's THAT MUCH!

You can bet that they have plenty of clauses in the contract that will allow them to back out if Manning has issues with his neck.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, did that burn the moustache, Phil :)

Hey, cut it out, no need to attack the mods which is a clear violation of the rules of the forum. You can continue to argue the premise of your disagreement, and I am sure you know better than that.

This has already been discussed and I'm sure the mods will move it if they decide it needs to be moved.

Well if they don't, I'm gonna start posting Texans stuff in the Colts section haha.

But really, breaking up his hard to do, but you gotta move on, you've got a great guy in Luck who may not be as good looking but he's even nicer :) so just forget about those CDs you left in Peyton's truck, it's just an excuse for you to see him again, and you need to get him out of your mind.

Hey, cut it out, no need to attack the mods which is a clear violation of the rules of the forum. You can continue to argue the premise of your disagreement, and I am sure you know better than that.

its ok, he attacked a lowly, regular poster of the forum (me).

So let me understand the point you are attempting to make here....

Because a former player was (1) flown in the Colts' private jet, and (2) participates in a news conference announcing his separation from the team, he is then entitled to be followed by the Colts forum for the rest of his career?

Yes. Because he was more than just a QB for the team. Some players mean more to a franchise than others. Similar to Irsay giving Edge a SB ring even though he was not with the team when the Colts won the SB.
I think that is rather thin.

Two mistakes there... you think that you think and you think I care what you think.

So let me understand the point you are attempting to make here....

Because a former player was (1) flown in the Colts' private jet, and (2) participates in a news conference announcing his separation from the team, he is then entitled to be followed by the Colts forum for the rest of his career?

I think that is rather thin.

I thnk the forum should be open to discussion of ALL COLTS past and present.

..and nothing should be moved or shunted aside..

I know there's a group that's tired of hearing about him and I get that.

But he's gojng to be the elephant in the room for 5 years...

Well if they don't, I'm gonna start posting Texans stuff in the Colts section haha.

But really, breaking up his hard to do, but you gotta move on, you've got a great guy in Luck who may not be as good looking but he's even nicer :) so just forget about those CDs you left in Peyton's truck, it's just an excuse for you to see him again, and you need to get him out of your mind.

Please move this post to the Draft forum as Luck is not a member of the Colts any discussion about Luck does not belong in the Colts forum.

I thnk the forum should be open to discussion of ALL COLTS past and present.

..and nothing should be moved or shunted aside..

I know there's a group that's tired of hearing about him and I get that.

But he's gojng to be the elephant in the room for 5 years...

Then you would have no problems if someone posted about Lacey or Gonzo, and how they are doing with their new teams, here in the Colts' forum.

Feel free, but what does Garcon have to do with Manning?

Garcon has nothing to do with Manning. Garcon has everything to do with the Colts, in your opinion. any former player may be discussed at will in the colts forum is essentially what you are saying.

because Manning took a plane ride with the owner he is fair game to litter the Colts board with his topics? I will happily discuss all things Peyton as I will be following him closely in Denver, along with majority of our posters here.

but he has no more business being discussed on the TEAM board, because he is no longer a member of the team. when he retires as Colt, its fair game. I don't want to see Peyton's stats each game he has with Denver clogging up our TEAM board.

get it?

Please move this post to the Draft forum as Luck is not a member of the Colts any discussion about Luck does not belong in the Colts forum.

good, now you are getting it. After the draft when he is given his jersey, we will be able to talk about him all we want on the TEAM forum.

enough with Manning here on the Colts forum. I am glad we both agree.

I would suggest the mods do a poll now that Peyton is officially signed with another team.

If the majority of posters (> 50%) feel Peyton threads should all be in NFL General, that would be a fair way of saying this was the determinant to move all Peyton threads in NFL General.

I am sure posters will be fine with such a poll.

Then you would have no problems if someone posted about Lacey or Gonzo, and how they are doing with their new teams, here in the Colts' forum.

No..actually I wouldnt..

Ex-Colts are cool.....

I wouldnt want talk of guys who never played for the Colts here....but I still like some of my Exs :flirty:

Garcon has nothing to do with Manning. Garcon has everything to do with the Colts, in your opinion. any former player may be discussed at will in the colts forum is essentially what you are saying.

No, that is not what I am essentially saying. But nice try.

because Manning took a plane ride with the owner he is fair game to litter the Colts board with his topics? I will happily discuss all things Peyton as I will be following him closely in Denver, along with majority of our posters here.
Yes

but he has no more business being discussed on the TEAM board, because he is no longer a member of the team. when he retires as Colt, its fair game. I don't want to see Peyton's stats each game he has with Denver clogging up our TEAM board.
Then don't open and read the threads.

get it?

Don't you get it? No one is forcing you to open the thread, no one is forcing you to respond to the thread.

good, now you are getting it. After the draft when he is given his jersey, we will be able to talk about him all we want on the TEAM forum.

enough with Manning here on the Colts forum. I am glad we both agree.

Wow, what you lack in humor you make up for with no originality. Phil, I've read a lot of your posts over the years, we agree on very little and this is not one of them.

Wow, what you lack in humor you make up for with no originality. Phil, I've read a lot of your posts over the years, we agree on very little and this is not one of them.

once irsay gives me a ride on his jet, its Phil J topics all time.

Do you talk about your exs in front of your wife and children?

rough similie there..

...which ones of us here are wife and child...? (never mind)

None of us know each other here and we have the options to punch up whatever thread we want...

I dont punch up fantasy football posts, for example....when someone starts to post about it, I step away

..but I understand that some crazy folks like it.

I wouldnt rule it out...

Like I said..Manning is going to be the elephant in the room for 5 years...

Its going to be hard to discuss Colts football without mentioning him and how he's doing.

A compliment of Manning is not a slam on Luck....Their orbits are seperate now

Dude chill out, this is a joke with Phil J not mod. Read carefully.