Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Official - Manning/broncos Press Con @ 3Pm Est

vinatierifan4

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ....he is absolutely unequivocally unproven post surgery....throwing in a planned session and "playing" real football are completely different. How is he going to be under pressure and in real game settings....I'm not saying it's not worth taking the risk I just don't think they needed to pony up that kind of dough for him.

I beg to differ....he is absolutely unequivocally unproven post surgery....throwing in a planned session and "playing" real football are completely different. How is he going to be under pressure and in real game settings....I'm not saying it's not worth taking the risk I just don't think they needed to pony up that kind of dough for him.

I am glad you arent an NFL owner ( of course i wont be shocked if you are Jim Irsay )

I know it's MANNING and all...but for an unproven player (post major surgery) I'm surprised it's THAT MUCH!

I am, too HBH...

but they sent medical teams to check him out...

I hope Mr. Irsay didnt make a mistake here..

He didnt want to risk Manning's health and he believes in Luck's ability.

JI can be wrong about one but he cant be wrong about both...

..or we're going to be in the basement for a long time..

I am, too HBH...

but they sent medical teams to check him out...

I hope Mr. Irsay didnt make a mistake here..

He didnt want to risk Manning's health and he believes in Luck's ability.

JI can be wrong about one but he cant be wrong about both...

..or we're going to be in the basement for a long time..

Hope is a good thing. Atleast keeps you positive. Almost like a fantasy land.

Like I said - they have all kind of safety nets regarding the neck. They don't have to pay him if it gets re-injured.

No matter what uniform he wears for the last few years of his career, Manning will always be a Colt and his news is relevant in this forum.

great, I will be sure to start a new thread in this forum everytime Garcon drops a pass from RG3. Colt for life, amiright?

Or when Lacey gets burned again with the Lions.

Or when Gonzo is still on the sidelines with the Pats.

Fun times.

Same thing, what does any of that have to do with Manning?

Oh, I see you lack any other sort of intelligent response so you paint a ridiculous picture and try to act like it has some validity.

Here's the difference:

Did Irsay fly those other guys in his personal jet and have them speak at a new conference when they were no longer going to be with the organization?

Same thing, what does any of that have to do with Manning?

Oh, I see you lack any other sort of intelligent response so you paint a ridiculous picture and try to act like it has some validity.

Here's the difference:

Did Irsay fly those other guys in his personal jet and have them speak at a new conference when they were no longer going to be with the organization?

So let me understand the point you are attempting to make here....

Because a former player was (1) flown in the Colts' private jet, and (2) participates in a news conference announcing his separation from the team, he is then entitled to be followed by the Colts forum for the rest of his career?

I think that is rather thin.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

So it looks like, as a practical matter, the $18 million in the first year is all that's guaranteed. I think this works for both sides.

He did give the Colts an out when he signed his 5 yr. contract, he is doing the same thing with the Broncos.

Just goes to show you Peyton is not all that unreasonable as some might make him out to be in contract negotiations. I think it is a fair deal for both sides.