Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Vs Matt Barkley Vs Andrew Luck

Fr33UpFr33ney

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good thing that he's athletic and gets away from defenders to make plays. Looking from one receiver to the next is something Luck could easily do more if asked or if it seemed that was the better way. I think he's good that he does both, uses his legs and his eyes to move defenders, 2 methods is better than 1 lol. Look what Cam Newton did this year haha.

I have seen many Luck games. I see his use his head to move defenders often, and it is a part of his game.

I watched every game he played this year that was available, and reviewed and watched all the game tape I could find on him, and It's not a big part of his game. It is in Barkley's game and Mannings when he was in college. but not Luck's.

I give you a whole game tape and you show me a 10 second redzone play against a cover 2 scheme which is terrible for the redzone.

One thing Luck will need to learn is to slide when he's on the run. Don't want him getting killed lol.

He better learn to do it on his right knee. We don't want that knee brace, for what I assume is a bad knee, getting caught in the turf like Brady's did.

I'm very hesitant when it comes to USC QBs. The only one who I can think of who is somewhat successful is Carson Palmer... and there are plenty of QBs in the league better than him.

Carson was good. He just got dealt some bad injuries.

I watched every game he played this year that was available, and reviewed and watched all the game tape I could find on him, and It's not a big part of his game. It is in Barkley's game and Mannings when he was in college. but not Luck's.

I give you a whole game tape and you show me a 10 second redzone play against a cover 2 scheme which is terrible for the redzone.

If you want to look at a whole game where he uses his eyes to move defenders, look at the game vs. Colorado.

I'm very hesitant when it comes to USC QBs. The only one who I can think of who is somewhat successful is Carson Palmer... and there are plenty of QBs in the league better than him.

I'm a trojan fan, and I really Like Barkley...but he make a lot of mistakes and really important times. He has the arm and the skill set. He can play a West Coast offense immediately. I think his play parallels Tom Brady and he would make a decent pro at the least, depending on what team he goes to. People are always gonna have opinions, but most 1 rounders dont work out...so what do scouts know really. They are right less than half the time. We never know till they get to the pros.

But I think that Barkley can read a defense and has better field awareness than anybody in the NCAA right now.

He better learn to do it on his right knee. We don't want that knee brace, for what I assume is a bad knee, getting caught in the turf like Brady's did.

Bad assumption. All Jim Harbaugh coached QBs wear a knee brace on their plant leg.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/4485-andrew-lucks-knee-merge/

See above for a full discussion on it.

I've always preferred Barkley to Luck. Kind of wish he didn't stay his senior year.

Barkley is like all the other USC QBs, over-rated from a QB-friendly system.

Carson Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez. All have under-achieved. I expect the same from Barkley.

I'll take Luck, thank you very much.

I have seen many Luck games. I see him use his head to move defenders often, and it is a part of his game.

Yeah, I remember reading an article or watching a video about how uses his head to move/fool defenders often. However, I do think Barkley is good though however if we had the big three Luck, RGiii and Barkley in the draft I still think Luck would be picked ahead of both of them. IMO

If you want to look at a whole game where he uses his eyes to move defenders, look at the game vs. Colorado.

Look at the play @ 1:45.... and then the play right after that, that is 80 percent of his game. I've seen this one before. If he has time he will scan the field for his 3 or 4th option....but it's not ROUTINE. I'm not saying it's totally absent. A QB like Luck and stare down his 1st option and still complete the pass with his accuracy and arm strength.

People like Barkley and Manning, make decisions a little faster, but doesn't mean that all 3 can't make a play.

Please tell me he had a flu that day or something. Are we really going to have to listen to a darn foghorn before every snap?

lol........."Foghorn". Absolutely love it! I'm gonna so miss Peyton's Gump cadence. "Buffalo Buffalo Lieutenant Dan Lieutenant Dan"!

Yeah, I remember reading an article or watching a video about how uses his head to move/fool defenders often. However, I do think Barkley is good though however if we had the big three Luck, RGiii and Barkley in the draft I still think Luck would be picked ahead of both of them. IMO

Theres no doubt.