Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Agrees To Go To Denver [Mega-Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Manning and will forever love what he did for the city and team, but Manning does have faults, some people are painting him out to be this oh so sweet guy that doesnt want to play against his brother, and I actually agree with that fan not calling him an old man but the fact he wont be around long term which is obvious, but I would keep Tebow I agree the with Denver fan about that, and Peyton wont be their long term

Better than the Titans, but SF was the place to have a shot at ultimate glory. Probably more than once.

The Patriots will be better offensively than they were last season, and they shredded Denver twice in four weeks. Not only that, the Broncos may also end up facing a Texans team where, if healthy, is a juggernaut.

Basically, he chose to play in the conference with 2 of the top 3 teams in the league. The other being San Fran -= no offense to the Giants, Packers, or N.O who are also good teams.

I can understand not wanting to be in the NFC with Eli, but it's not like he can't ever play him in the AFC if they meet in the Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be even WORSE for them?

Plus now dreams of a Peyton/Tom Brady Superbowl are out the window. What a shame. If this came down to dollars and cents for Peyton over winning shame on him.

At least with the Broncos he has a fighting chance to go all the way maybe one more time. They're certainly better than pretty much all of the Colts teams he's had over the years. (Not offensively, but with defense and special teams combined they are)

If he went to the Titans it would have literally been the road to nowhere. Wildcard behind the Texans and then almost certainly annual one and dones.

Division is weak but Manning struggled against Chargers and Romeo's defense. Thats 4 games within the division.

But i think its Eli which was the deciding factor.

Got to love the guy to do it for family rather than being selfish and go to 49ers.

Yeah I wanted to see him go to the 9ers but the Broncos do have massive cap room and some really promising young talent. Its a more promising situation than Tennessee for sure.

obviously it was him wanting a big paycheck more then winning a superbowl. maybe the colts should trade a 6th round pick for Tebow lol and we can place him at FB. im joking about that btw.... but denver over san fran? he could have easily won a superbowl next year or atleast had a very good shot at winning one in san fran with that defense and the WR's he would have around him. i kinda feel bad for the niners, because now they may end up with out a QB if smith signs in Miami.

it was said last week broncos offered manning 60 million for 5 years, so he would be making what 10 or 11 million a year? but that is if that offer was real or just someone trying to make a story.

whats everyones thoughts on him going to Denver?

Who will the Broncos pick up that were former Colts, if any? Do you think that Clark and Addai will sign with the Broncos? Saturday?

I'd say Clark & Saturday would be solid pick ups for them. Addai to a lesser extent. Tamme could be an option. I would be surprised in the least to see them resign Stokley.

If it is true that the 49ers made a solid offer,then this choice makes no sense at all. The 49ers are ready to win it all right now and with PM they would have been instant favorites to do just that. Just makes we wonder if this is not being in the nfc with Eli or more about wanting to be in an easy division in the afc. I truly feel he just missed a big chance at two more rings,wow, the rest of the nfc is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Yeah I wanted to see him go to the 9ers but the Broncos do have massive cap room and some really promising young talent. Its a more promising situation than Tennessee for sure.

Yep, hopefully they get Saturday ( comfort for peyton to decode all the languages ) and Mike wallace.

I am a bit worried about their defense ( the way Brady destroyed them in the play offs ).

Time will tell.

Broncos players are coming out in support of Manning. They seem excited.

Its noo different to me than people on this forum pining for luck, as bronco fans, some of them, are pining for Tebow.

100% honesty here, whether people want to hear it or not. There are only 1 of 2 reasons why anyone is a die-hard Tebow fan;

1) They are deeply religious

2) They are a woman that thinks he's sexy

Yep, hopefully they get Saturday ( comfort for peyton to decode all the languages ) and Mike wallace.

I am a bit worried about their defense ( the way Brady destroyed them in the play offs ).

Time will tell.

The offense having a competent QB alone will work wonders for the defense.(See Indy's defense for the most part).

I'd say Clark & Saturday would be solid pick ups for them. Addai to a lesser extent. Tamme could be an option. I would be surprised in the least to see them resign Stokley.

Their main option at RB currently is Portis. In my opinion, Addai would be an upgrade, if healthy. (I guess that's the biggest issue with Addai.) He's a great blocker, can run behind a solid line, and can catch out of the backfield. It would be a natural fit with Peyton. I agree that Stokely will probably be re-signed by the Broncos.

Time will tell.

Yeah same here.

But Tebow and that offense not being able to move the ball 5 feet after their first 2 drives certainly didnt help.

Fox knows defense though so im hoping they can add some more pieces.

We'll see.

The offense having a competent QB alone will work wonders for the defense.(See Indy's defense for the most part).
Well it does. But he has 1 SB and literally has to carry the team all the time. Point is he might have to do it again but i am hoping it gets a bit better in Denver.

Their main option at RB currently is Portis. In my opinion, Addai would be an upgrade, if healthy. (I guess that's the biggest issue with Addai.) He's a great blocker, can run behind a solid line, and can catch out of the backfield. It would be a natural fit with Peyton. I agree that Stokely will probably be re-signed by the Broncos.

Addai would bring some strengths to the party. That is for sure..

Very good point. Hadnt even thought about Joe going there.

All I can say is.....at least it wasn't Tenn. It's gonna be fun to watch this for years to come.

I share those sentiments! Was really excited about seeing him in Sanfran, but happy it wasnt the Titans! I sort of think that the pressure of a SB or bust was likely a turn off for Manning. That and he must have had a crush on Elway.

I am so glad he didn't sign with Tennessee...hopefully Bud is throwing up in his private bathroom right now. Dude, you offered him a LIFETIME contract, and he still said no. How's that one feel? Good triumphed over evil, maybe there is a God.

And a part of me is excited to know that our revamped defense is FINALLY...finally going to play against Manning. Denver is on our schedule this year. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if he plays at Reliant. He won't recognize this team when he lines up against them...he's never seen a Texans team like this.

What is more incentive than a superbowl ready team and the 49ers are just that. o-line,rock solid D, stud rb, great te. I just don't get it.

i would guess money, but that guy is like a gazillionaire so who knows

I am so glad he didn't sign with Tennessee...hopefully Bud is throwing up in his private bathroom right now. Dude, you offered him a LIFETIME contract, and he still said no. How's that one feel? Good triumphed over evil, maybe there is a God.

And a part of me is excited to know that our revamped defense is FINALLY...finally going to play against Manning. Denver is on our schedule this year. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if he plays at Reliant. He won't recognize this team when he lines up against them...he's never seen a Texans team like this.

And the Texans have never seen a Bronco team with a QB..because the last time the Broncos had one, the Texans didn't exist LOL

I question his decision also but wish him the best. A couple of notes/thoughts...Donk's aren't on the Colt's schedule next year but they do have some tough opponents. Secondly, if he really wanted to have the best shot at winning the big one, he should have probably went to SF. He could have added to their dynasty plus give him the best shot with a high caliber defense....which he never really had here. I guess he really didn't want to be in the same conference as Eli?? The Titans don't seem to have a team with enough talent to go far but you could argue the Broncos do not either. Their defense though was strong last year. I'm not sure he has a lot of talented receivers but if anyone can work with what they have and make them productive, it's him. I imagine a lot of us will be watching from afar!!!

He won't recognize this team when he lines up against them...he's never seen a Texans team like this.

And they've never seen Peyton Manning on a somewhat competant football TEAM before, either. I do think the Texans will win it, though. I'd pin them as the best team in the AFC (when healthy.) If Peyton wound up there it would not have been fair to the rest of the league.

If not the Texans, the Patriots will be the best team in football. Again. And better offensively than last season. (SERIOUSLY?)

Manning on the Niners would have been beyond broken. Team of the decade stuff we're talking here. What a shame he passed on that for money/Eli/both.

I've heard that Manning wants to join the FO of an organization when he is done playing. Watching Elway operate is good experience for Manning, as he will see how an ex-quarterback, HOF'er runs an organization.

Of course his focus right now is to play, however, Elway being in the FO was definitely a plus for Manning. That may be why the Titans made an offer the way they did, including a position with their fron office after football.

Im happy for Peyton, but I don't think it was the best for him. The offense has a good running game, but he's the QB. The receivers there are mediocre at best, and although their O-line is pretty, it's tough to throw to a bunch of nobodies. Their defense is average and probably losing a bunch of their secondary within the next 2 years. That team will be good in the future, and PM wants to win now. It's going to be interesting how he does, but I don't see them as SB favorites, something that I saw if he joined the 49ers, and even the Fins (not SB favorites but contenders). I will support my favourite player, and I hope he does well, but I'd like to know why he chose Denver. It's cold as heck there in late November, December and January.

According to a tweet quoted on the Bronco's board Peyton said his head told him to go to SanFran but his heart told him to go to Denver. He said Elway also had a lot to do with the decision.

I can respect that, but he is running out of time to make heart felt decisions. He is another sb win from being in that greatest ever conversation and the Broncos are not nearly as close as the 49ers. O well!