Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Agrees To Go To Denver [Mega-Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 49ers/NFC vs. Eli had a lot to do with that.

absolutely right....

He never wants to eliminate his brother ...I can respect that

..and he and his family would love an all-Manning Super Bowl...(might be a little much for the rest of us)

....especially if it was in NOLA

If its true..its a good choice...

I am not suprised by this. DEN is a good match for Manning. He stays out of the NFC and does not have to worry about the chance of eliminating his brother. Elway now has the excuse to get rid of Tebow. For Colts fans we do not have to worry about him playing in Tennessee. We will not be in the playoffs any time soon so we wont have to worry about him knocking us out.

49ers were the best chance to win a title but his loyalty to his brother is much more important. I know I would not want to play my brother and knock him out of the playoffs.

The one good thing about the Broncos is the weakness of that division.

Denver won the division last year with QB turmoil and an option QB..

...Denver has a very good defense and kicking game and an excellent coach..

Fox took a guy who couldnt play the QB position in a conventional manner....renovated his offense at midseason and reached the playoffs..

..and I'd bet Tebow stays

Denver has a few of their LB's suspended for (I think) 6 games due to substance abuse. Their defense might not be as strong in these first few gaems as compared to last year. But Manning has carried our D for so long, it shouldn't be a problem in Denver, which has a much stronger D.

So glad it wasn't Tennessee....also happy that he won't be wearing 18. Wonder if he goes back to 16?

18 is his if he wants it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279c14d/article/exbronco-tripucka-fine-with-manning-taking-jersey-no-18

Frank Tripucka wore that number for three seasons in the early 1960s, when he was the first quarterback in club history. After his tenure, the number was ceremonially retired.

But Tripucka is just fine with breaking it out of storage. The 84-year-old Tripucka said in a phone interview from his home in Woodland Park, N.J., that if Manning wants the number, "He should have it. Let's give it to him."

"He's a great quarterback," Tripucka said. "He gets the job done. That's the important thing. As the quarterback, you've got to get the job done."

"He really would be very proud to have Manning wear his number," Randy Tripucka(wife) said. "He'd have no problem at all. We'd be very proud for Manning to use it."

Denver won the division last year with QB turmoil and an option QB..

...Denver has a very good defense and kicking game and an excellent coach..

Fox took a guy who couldnt play the QB position in a conventional manner....renovated his offense at midseason and reached the playoffs..

..and I'd bet Tebow stays

I think Tebow is already on the trading block. Really.

Id want to knock him out of the playoffs, nobody can tell me the reason he didnt go to the 49ers was because he didnt want to play Eli, did anyone ever think in the next 3-4 years it could be Gaints and Broncos in the SuperBowl regardless? now with manning they are a definite playoff team, but Superbowl? I suggest the wide receivers focus on getting better first, and did anyone see what the Patriots defense did to them? now I know Peyton is wayyyyyyy far from a Tim Tebow in more areas then one, Manning can pick up the blitz but Tim can run like heck to buy time if their is an all out blitz which we have seen in the past Peyton on ocassion struggles with, obviously they will have to Jell as a team beyond Peyton just liking the team for whatever reason, I will be interested to see how things unfold but my main attention will be on the Colts lets not forget whats done is done and we actually are addressing the defense among other things

The one good thing about the Broncos is the weakness of that division.

Division is weak but Manning struggled against Chargers and Romeo's defense. Thats 4 games within the division.

But i think its Eli which was the deciding factor.

Got to love the guy to do it for family rather than being selfish and go to 49ers.