Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacob Tamme Visiting With The Seahawks

FightLikeSin

Well...looks like we are going to let another one walk out the door. Not good. Looks like they may be targeting Fleener in round 2?

Tweet from Adam Schefter : "After adding QB Matt Flynn, the Seahawks have scheduled a visit Tuesday for Raiders RB Michael Bush. TE Jacob Tamme also to visit Seattle."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, that's the first thing that popped in my head when I read the title of this thread. IMO, we have to get Tamme resigned. It doesn't make sense to me that we'd let him walk. If we do, Pagano and Grigson must see something they don't like...gonna stretch me a little if he goes...

I think it will be a mistake to let him go. But it depends on how much they pay him. A lot of people didn't want to let Session go last year untill they saw what the Jags gave him. Everyone has a value. Hopefully Tamme resigns with us at a reasonable price. If he signs with Seatle I hope they give him a big fat contract as it will help when comp picks are given out next year.

Surely hope that Tamme doesn't leave, but this visit doesn't look good. Will have to draft or pick up a TE somewhere if we don't bring him back. Glad that someone has an interest in him since we don't seem to, like to see him keep playing. Maybe he wants or expects more that we think he deserves or want to pay. Time will tell as always.

Fleener is very likely to be there, not many TEs are taken in the first round. But I agree the colts won't get him because of their needs.

Really hoping Fleener is a Colt. I think he'll be on the board it's just a question of will we go offense with our first two picks. I don't see it.

Colts may have spoken with Tamme's agent, and they are asking too much....relative to the fact that he is going to have a rookie QB to help out. Colts are waiting to see because they see other options that are....or will be available. These are just some of the possibilities.

Please try to remember that we are rebuilding for the future, not for next season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, that's the first thing that popped in my head when I read the title of this thread. IMO, we have to get Tamme resigned. It doesn't make sense to me that we'd let him walk. If we do, Pagano and Grigson must see something they don't like...gonna stretch me a little if he goes...

i'm sure we will retain Tamme, makes no sense not to.

Colts may have spoken with Tamme's agent, and they are asking too much....relative to the fact that he is going to have a rookie QB to help out. Colts are waiting to see because they see other options that are....or will be available. These are just some of the possibilities.

Please try to remember that we are rebuilding for the future, not for next season.

we cannot waste an early draft pick on a TE, we just cant, so if Tamme is not retained, then well just have to find a cheap one some where or a late round pick. Didnt we already give up our 3rd round pick ??

we cannot waste an early draft pick on a TE, we just cant, so if Tamme is not retained, then well just have to find a cheap one some where or a late round pick. Didnt we already give up our 3rd round pick ??

Nope, we only switched our 6th rounder with the Eagles. so we still have all of our picks.

We have all our picks. The only thing we did to pick up Justice was to trade 6th round positions.

We have all our picks. The only thing we did to pick up Justice was to trade 6th round positions.

I like Jacob but he is not irreplacable. He is a pass catching TE and not much of a blocker. I can see us getting a bigger, stronger and faster TE with the way the NFL is now. We have to look to the future and Jacob is not the future. Sorry.

I like Jacob but he is not irreplacable. He is a pass catching TE and not much of a blocker. I can see us getting a bigger, stronger and faster TE with the way the NFL is now. We have to look to the future and Jacob is not the future. Sorry.

We need a TE that is both a good receiver and a good blocker, often at the same time. This way the defense has to pay attention to him, which opens up other receivers. We need a TE that is both big, strong and fast. I think Fleener fits that bill.

We need a TE that is both a good receiver and a good blocker, often at the same time. This way the defense has to pay attention to him, which opens up other receivers. We need a TE that is both big, strong and fast. I think Fleener fits that bill.

I like Fleeners as well, but if we're looking for a blocking tight end, then he's not much better than Tamme. Blocking is his main weakness, unfortunately.

Well...looks like we are going to let another one walk out the door. Not good. Looks like they may be targeting Fleener in round 2?

Tweet from Adam Schefter : "After adding QB Matt Flynn, the Seahawks have scheduled a visit Tuesday for Raiders RB Michael Bush. TE Jacob Tamme also to visit Seattle."

We probably have to draft a wide receiver or tackle with the No. 34 pick, right..?

We cant really go tight end there....can we?

I like Fleeners as well, but if we're looking for a blocking tight end, then he's not much better than Tamme. Blocking is his main weakness, unfortunately.

Fleener can use more coaching on his blocking techniques, no doubt about that. However, I think he has more potential to be a good blocker.

Seems like a no brainer to keep him.

Not really. We are rebuilding even though a couple of vets are staying for stability. I do not see Tamme as a Top 10 or even top 20 TE in this league. We can do better even if we dont get that TE this year. I do like Tamme though he did a good job when he had to play.

Just hopes he makes the right move and stays.

These kinds of posts crack me up. I love it when fans determine what the right move for a player should be. What if the Seahawks offer is for millions more than the Colts? Is staying still the "right move?"

We are rebuilding, Tamme is not a long term solution at TE, and he is probably going to get more money from Seattle then what we are willing to pay.

I like Tamme and think he is a solid option at TE, but I will not be heart broken if we do not re-sign him. He is a replaceable part of this team and if we get Cody I will not even bat eye about letting him go.

I would be suprised if we did not make an offer. If we did and Tamme did not like it then he can go to Seattle and get paid more. Good for him, but we got into trouble overpaying guys who probably did not deserve it and we are not going to repeat that again.

Really hoping Fleener is a Colt. I think he'll be on the board it's just a question of will we go offense with our first two picks. I don't see it.

Yea I'm hoping he's a colt as well but I don't think they'll go offense twice. unless they trade freeney in some way for another second round pick.

These kinds of posts crack me up. I love it when fans determine what the right move for a player should be. What if the Seahawks offer is for millions more than the Colts? Is staying still the "right move?"

I would think it would be the right move to stay in Indy and start, then to go to Seattle and backup Zach Miller. Would you want to start or backup, because we've seen a lot of players take less money to start then more money to backup. So, common sense tells me it's the right move to stay here.

I would think it would be the right move to stay in Indy and start, then to go to Seattle and backup Zach Miller. Would you want to start or backup, because we've seen a lot of players take less money to start then more money to backup. So, common sense tells me it's the right move to stay here.

How do you know either of those things are on the table? How do know that the Colts aren't lowballing their offer, if they are making one at all. The offseason theme for the Colts seems to be a focus on the run game and to get bigger overall - neither of which fit the Tamme description. Bottom line is that I think it would be best left up to Tamme to decide what is best for him.

Meh, to me Tamme is a journeyman TE. He's okay, but nothing special. If the price were right, he'd be good depth, but honestly, I don't see him as a Pro Bowl / All-Pro caliber player that needs to be accounted for. The thing about not signing him, though, is that clearly TE can be added to the list of needs that have to be filled. With Tamme re-signed, that need is not as immediate. I would now expect a 3rd or 4th rounder to be spent on a TE, barring the signing of a TE free agent. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Charles fall to the 3rd round or more, now, with all of his personal troubles. That actually makes him intriguing as a potential mid round steal.