Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith Dolphins

esidery

LOL.... if he were to end up choosing the Titans over the 49ers that would tell me the 49ers did not want him. Obviously the 49ers are a whole lot closer to a SB, and even multiple SBs than the Titans are.

People thought the Colts under Caldwell were going to keep getting better after the SB run in 2009 after Caldwell's rookie season. What if Harbaugh and the Niners don't live up to expectations even with Peyton? That would hurt a lot. It would be SB or bust.

BTW on the Niners forum some are now hearing Smith may hold out until he hears about Manning.

I kinda have a bad feeling on SF though. I think they are going to fall short.......I think the NFC is far too competitive and you might have two new teams in the title game against next year. The same teams don't seem to go back in the NFC.

I can understand all that but Peyton has the rest of his life to dedicate time to the Tenn. community/area and stay connected. He only has 4 years max to win another championship and his best chance at that is with the 9ers IMO.

But we'll see. Maybe Peyton is fine whether he wins another one or not.

Could be and he knows how tough it is to win one no matter how good your team is or you are. He may not be chasing a ring as much as some fans are and Dungy implied as much a few weeks ago. Not all teams on paper that look great win it all either.

Guess we will see. I see no reason Peyton would go to SF unless it's for SB aspirations. No reason to go there for comfort or the community.

I am guessing that he will announce tomorrow or tuesday at the latest.

Maybe some leaks soon or there already are. I remember the leaks on Lebron before the decision and not many believed it truly was Miami until it came out of his own mouth.

Thinking about this from the agents POV, it might be smart to have Smith go talk to the Fish, if they knew Manning was not going to sign with the 49ers .... might get his other client Smith a bigger deal to stick around no?

Didn't think of that, smart agent would though.....

For what its worth my brother in law is friends with smith. He said smith is signing with miami. The deal is done. Should be very internet interesting if peyton decides to go with denver or ten.

Cool story bro. My brother is friends with Dwight Eisenhower.

LOL - I found this funny - from the 49ers board. For reference Linceccum is the SF Giants Ace Pitcher who is know fo his Marijuana habbits

Just FYI.....not that I care. Posting links to other forums is forbidden by rule here. This has been known to start "forum wars" in the past.

Thinking about this from the agents POV, it might be smart to have Smith go talk to the Fish, if they knew Manning was not going to sign with the 49ers .... might get his other client Smith a bigger deal to stick around no?

Yes, unfortunately, this is a very high possiblity and 49er land of fans is thinking the same way. According to Jason Cole that Smith won't sign with Dolhpins unless Manning signs with 49ers...wth. Take the $$$ LOL. Smith says willing toplay back up...OMG....LOL