Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith Dolphins

esidery

I really don't blame Alex Smith for talking to another team. I would be ticked off if I was him. I know he has not had the best history as a qb but he did have his best year last year. Then them trying to replace him, would probably feel like a slap in the face. That being said, I can't blame anyone for wanting Manning, GOAT! Alex Smith will never play like Peyton.

Alex smith is in contract negotiations with dolphins according to Mike Klis. Deal could get done in 24 hours. If manning doesn't end in San Fran they are just left with Colin kaepernick.

My gut tells me its a done deal In San Fran it just hasn't been announced yet. JMO and I could be wrong though. I guess we'll find out soon. I think his decision will be announced tomorrow. Just another gut feeling. Maybe my gut is just asking to be fed. haha

I think this is him.

http://outkickthecov...clay-travis.php

He has been giving tidbits lately.

We'll see if he is right soon enough.

Well he probably doesn't know anymore than anyone else just writing a column and twitting. Time will tell and I hope Peyton makes the right decision for him and his career and picks a team he doesn't have to carry. JMO again.

I really don't blame Alex Smith for talking to another team. I would be ticked off if I was him. I know he has not had the best history as a qb but he did have his best year last year. Then them trying to replace him, would probably feel like a slap in the face. That being said, I can't blame anyone for wanting Manning, GOAT! Alex Smith will never play like Peyton.

The 49ers offered Alex a 3 year deal that he turned down before Peyton was even cut. So, it's his own fault that they had the opportunity to pursue Peyton.

Would be a great pickup for the Fins. He performs well in the WCO and that's what the Fins are running now. Just get some protection from the right side of the line, and you'll get good production from Smith.

Peyton living in SF would be almost hilarious to me. lmao

Honestly in some ways my gut says the Niners will crash and burn next year and since they picked up the turd Moss I have felt this. I think Flynn and the Seahawks will challenge for the West now.

Also hearing, that the broncos are out according to the source I was talking to a few minutes ago. Down to titans, 49ers. Titans are favorites. Breaking news folks. Media won't know it until Tuesday

Any reason besides the connections that you are hearing that the Titans are favored?

I mean I would have thought Denver would be the favorite.

Any reason besides the connections that you are hearing that the Titans are favored?

I mean I would have thought Denver would be the favorite.

For the last few days there have been rumors that Denver has lost steam. And that the Titans have started to gain the edge and just had to weather the SF storm.

I guess we will see within a few days maybe.

Or else Peyton and Smith heard about Matt "the destroyer" Flynn going to the Seahawks and they can't handle it!!!!! lmao Sorry, inside joke with Packers fans about Flynn. All Flynn does is win and throw TDs. :)

For the last few days there have been rumors that Denver has lost steam. And that the Titans have started to gain the edge and just had to weather the SF storm.

I guess we will see within a few days maybe.

Or else Peyton and Smith heard about Matt "the destroyer" Flynn going to the Seahawks and they can't handle it!!!!! lmao Sorry, inside joke with Packers fans about Flynn. All Flynn does is win and throw TDs. :)

Flynn has only won 1 of 2 games he played in the NFL... :mindblow: , but according to Rodgers he is top 15. I am actually excited to see how he does in Seattle.

With Seahawks getting an upgrade in QB; I think the 49ers needed to look at other QB's as well.

Anything associated with the state of Tenesee means a lot to Peyton. I don't think Indy fans appreciate how strong his connection is to TN. I just think that's really where he wants to live.

Agree.

I think it might be tough for him to turn down living in TN to finish out his career.

SF is full of liberal loonies too.

Flynn has only won 1 of 2 games he played in the NFL... :mindblow: , but according to Rodgers he is top 15. I am actually excited to see how he does in Seattle.

With Seahawks getting an upgrade in QB; I think the 49ers needed to look at other QB's as well.

The only reason Rodgers has been starting is because Matt Flynn LETS HIM. ;)

Yeah Rodgers has been on the Flynn wagon a bit too. Wanted him to get serious playing time at the end of the season too and said it vocally.

What a team guy Aaron is. *wipes tear from eye*

Alex smith is in contract negotiations with dolphins according to Mike Klis. Deal could get done in 24 hours. If manning doesn't end in San Fran they are just left with Colin kaepernick.

How would a Denver writer know if a Miami team is signing a San Francisco quarterback before either Miami or San Francisco???

Watch it, you're speaking to a liberal loony :)

Sorry lmao. I won't be shocked if it gets deleted.

I mean but think about it. Peyton and San Fran? I guess it can happen. It's like a peanut butter and mashed potatoe sandwich though.

Oh.

Saw on the Titans forum that someone is promising Peyton is a Titan soon. Someone else with a "source."

I guess it's just a matter of waiting now regardless of where he goes.

It might be coming soon.

This person claims it was over as soon as Peyton found out TN had interest. Guess we'll see...

Whats funny about Smith, and also whats wrong with money getting funny in this league, is that Smith's unhappiness with his contract is derived from examples of Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassell's deals and Smith wants comparable money to them. Thing is, both those guys were a rip off for the huge cash they demanded. Same thing will happen with Alex Smith. Miami will give him huge money and cut him in two years after Smith absconds with $35m or so.

It's become a trend. A QB has 1 good season and suddenly holds the franchise that gave them their chance, hostage. Flynn gets 3 years $26mm, $10mm guaranteed for playing well in ONE STINKING GAME!. lol.....why?

Also, could a mod please merge with the existing topic since, yet again, we can't take 10 frickin seconds to search for a relevant thread.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/6460-alex-smith-is-visiting-the-phins-today/

Anything associated with the state of Tenesee means a lot to Peyton. I don't think Indy fans appreciate how strong his connection is to TN. I just think that's really where he wants to live.

I can understand all that but Peyton has the rest of his life to dedicate time to the Tenn. community/area and stay connected. He only has 4 years max to win another championship and his best chance at that is with the 9ers IMO.

But we'll see. Maybe Peyton is fine whether he wins another one or not.

Oh.

Saw on the Titans forum that someone is promising Peyton is a Titan soon. Someone else with a "source."

It might be coming soon.

This person claims it was over as soon as Peyton found out TN had interest. Guess we'll see...

Oh.

It might be coming soon.

LOL.... if he were to end up choosing the Titans over the 49ers that would tell me the 49ers did not want him. Obviously the 49ers are a whole lot closer to a SB, and even multiple SBs than the Titans are.

I think he just means Smith meeting with the Dolphins is all over the news.

That is a lot different that "in contract negotiations with" like the thread header said.

The Denver Post is the only source so far and I don't know how they got it before anyone else.