Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flynn Officialy To Seawhawks

Gavin

I just can't help but think....poor Dolphins...they keep striking out hard core...nothing goes there way.

I am kind of surprised I figured Miami would land him....but of course Seattle is a stronger defender and in a weaker division so better SB chances I suppose. What if Manning chooses Denver and Alex Smith chooses Miami and the 49'ers are left without nothing? Don't think that'd happen but that'd be the ultimate kick in the *!*@*@! for them.

Good for them, but is it the right system? I think so, because it's not a pass heavy system and Caroll takes some traits from the WCO. A good signing. It looks like it Alex Smtih to the Dolphins which is a perfect fit.

At the end of the day I think Manning will choose the 49ers...it really is his best chance to win...I get it he has to be in the same conference as Eli at that point but it's not the same division and one way or another he wants to win...little brother feelings or not :)

I really thought he was going to go do Miami. This will be a good fit for him, running the West Coast Offense. I see him as a Matt Schaub type of guy; he probably won't throw for 4200 yards and 40 TDs, but he will do a decent job and give you a chance to win

I think Matt Flynn wanted to go to a place where he was assured that he would be starting. With Matt Moore doing well late last year, the Dolphins couldn't assure him that. They may have given him more money, but he wants to start, and with the Hawks, he's guaranteed to do that.

I just can't help but think....poor Dolphins...they keep striking out hard core...nothing goes there way.

I am kind of surprised I figured Miami would land him....but of course Seattle is a stronger defender and in a weaker division so better SB chances I suppose. What if Manning chooses Denver and Alex Smith chooses Miami and the 49'ers are left without nothing? Don't think that'd happen but that'd be the ultimate kick in the *!*@*@! for them.

I agree. The Dolphins as a frachise seem to be alligator bitten like a Florida Everglades swamp curse. No one is drawn to that football franchise at all. Is it the incessant media spotlight & attention? The ridiculous expectation of winning in a short window or timeframe even though their last franchise QB was Dan Marino? Is it playing in the same division as Tom Brady? Why are the Dolphins considered damaged goods & the unwanted coaching orphans of the NFL anyway?

I think Matt Flynn wanted to go to a place where he was assured that he would be starting. With Matt Moore doing well late last year, the Dolphins couldn't assure him that. They may have given him more money, but he wants to start, and with the Hawks, he's guaranteed to do that.

Yeah, that's true. I initially just had a gut feeling he would go to Miami. Then when they hired Philbin, I thought they would go for him for sure and he would play in a similar system as they did in Green Bay.

Still Luck is only one player I believe we are building a complete team, time will tell if we made the right moves we all know their is more to make but its a positive step that we are addressing our needs which went neglected for years

Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross... the most clueless FO in NFL history. They must have insulted his mother or something. I hope the Browns draft Tannehill with the 4th pick just so Ireland and Ross can continue to fail. Glad I don't have to waste my time watching or going to Dolphins games yet again!

EDIT: Please Alex Smith, go anywhere but Miami!

I think Seattle might end up being good. I am a Flynn fan personally. I think he has the right tools to succeed in this league full time from what I have seen and heard following the Packers. Hawks can already run the ball and play some D.

NFC West is getting better.

Poor Dolphins.. Ryan Tannehill is their only option now.

In all honestly and I'll probably get flamed to death, but if I am Jim Irsay. I call up Miami, and I tell them, I will trade the #1 pick for 5 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and 2 3rd round picks. Then I call up Manning and tell him that we're ready to make a deal.

In all honestly and I'll probably get flamed to death, but if I am Jim Irsay. I call up Miami, and I tell them, I will trade the #1 pick for 5 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and 2 3rd round picks. Then I call up Manning and tell him that we're ready to make a deal.

Why would Peyton come back here after all this? Why would Irsay do that? Why would we enhance the circus?

Not happening.

Why would Peyton come back here after all this? Why would Irsay do that? Why would we enhance the circus?

Not happening.

I know it's not happening, because it's the best case scenario, and those usually never pan out. Much like my scenario where I won the lottery last Friday. It was purely hypothetical and I have no false sense of reality.

I know it's not happening, because it's the best case scenario, and those usually never pan out. Much like my scenario where I won the lottery last Friday. It was purely hypothetical and I have no false sense of reality.

I still don't get your best case scenario here at all. Even as a hypothetical circumstance, it makes no sense because it takes 2 willing NFL partners to tango: an owner & Hall of Fame franchise QB.

When Peytons says thank you but no, no means no otherwise it's just harrassment & stalking. I'm still scratching my head here over your line of reasoning on this one...Did you mean the best possible fit for Manning in your estimation for the remainder of his career moving forward? I'm at a loss for words here.

But, I thought you were the one who was saying Manning is injured until you see him throw.

for that price the packers should have signed Matt Flynn and traded Aaron Rogers. AR is under paid now and in a few years is going to want that 18-20 M. the packers r a small franchise. If the redskins r willing to give 3 1st rounders and a second for an unproven RG3 I bet the packers could have gottend 4 ist rounders and a couple of seconds for Rogers. Flynn would have solid rec. they could draft a solid running back instead of the stiffs they have. they could totally redo their defense. behind a strong offensive line, with a solid running game and with the rec the packers they have matt flynn could have been a super bowl qb.

for that price the packers should have signed Matt Flynn and traded Aaron Rogers. AR is under paid now and in a few years is going to want that 18-20 M. the packers r a small franchise. If the redskins r willing to give 3 1st rounders and a second for an unproven RG3 I bet the packers could have gottend 4 ist rounders and a couple of seconds for Rogers. Flynn would have solid rec. they could draft a solid running back instead of the stiffs they have. they could totally redo their defense. behind a strong offensive line, with a solid running game and with the rec the packers they have matt flynn could have been a super bowl qb.

No. Just no. You don't let Aaron Rodgers go.

I don't think you trade a guy who just turned 28 years old in December and won the MVP after being the SB MVP the previous year.

A Rodge is in his prime.

I still don't get your best case scenario here at all. Even as a hypothetical circumstance, it makes no sense because it takes 2 willing NFL partners to tango: an owner & Hall of Fame franchise QB.

When Peytons says thank you but no, no means no otherwise it's just harrassment & stalking. I'm still scratching my head here over your line of reasoning on this one...Did you mean the best possible fit for Manning in your estimation for the remainder of his career moving forward? I'm at a loss for words here.

I can't understand your text because it's full of contradictions and statements of opinion that your trying to sell as fact. so I'll just leave it at that.