Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Reason I Hate The Patriots

unitaswestand

I hate how they seem to have the ability to go out and cherry pick free agency and get players to sign with them for less than they would any other team. That is a good thing to be, but it is annoying. I often wonder if it goes something like this:

Belichick: I want to sign you for half of what you are asking.

Player: Coach, there's no way I am going to take that amount

Belichick: I have a brief case under the table. I am going to walk out of here first. You are free to take it home and have whatever is in it.

Player: I get the point. Give me the contract to sign!

News from next day

"I took a smaller amount to sign with the Patriots because I love the coaching staff"

Look up Brandon Lloyd.

The Patriots are building a team that would reduce heavy dependence on Tom Brady when it comes to the playoffs, IMO. Their D is gelling well, and points wise, they will be back in the middle of the pack again with the young talent coming together. Even if they do not go deep with Brandon Lloyd, at least the presence of him on the outside would make teams honor that possibility thus opening more things for the Pats with the run and underneath.

Finally, if we let Freeney go and the Pats get him, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back for Colts fans hating the Pats :).

The Patriots are building a team that would reduce heavy dependence on Tom Brady when it comes to the playoffs, IMO. Their D is gelling well, and points wise, they will be back in the middle of the pack again with the young talent coming together. Even if they do not go deep with Brandon Lloyd, at least the presence of him on the outside would make teams honor that possibility thus opening more things for the Pats with the run and underneath.

Finally, if we let Freeney go and the Pats get him, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back for Colts fans hating the Pats :).

People look at yards and scold that D.

They're pretty underrated imo, yea they can give up yards and even points through the air, but man do they get turnovers.

People look at yards and scold that D.

They're pretty underrated imo, yea they can give up yards and even points through the air, but man do they get turnovers.

Not only do they generate turnovers, they tighten up in the red zone and they have a QB that can get TDs once in the red zone to make the difference.

Worst fear for non-Pats fans, Pats' D gets better as O gets mortal. That formula has worked better for them in the past than the recent formula of O being on the better side.

I hear ya OP. They go out and get Brandon Lloyd, at like 4 mil a year, and Washington unloads 8 mil a year on Garcon.

I can see why Buffalo held Williams captive until he signed. If he got down to New England he probably would have signed for half the deal he got in Buffalo....just to play for the Almighty God Belicheck.

Does anyone really need another reason to hat the Pats?

The only thing I like about them is the look on Bradys face after Eli and the Giants shut them down in the Super Bowl again!

That look was the highlight of a depressing football season.

I hate how they seem to have the ability to go out and cherry pick free agency and get players to sign with them for less than they would any other team. That is a good thing to be, but it is annoying. I often wonder if it goes something like this:

Belichick: I want to sign you for half of what you are asking.

Player: Coach, there's no way I am going to take that amount

Belichick: I have a brief case under the table. I am going to walk out of here first. You are free to take it home and have whatever is in it.

Player: I get the point. Give me the contract to sign!

News from next day

"I took a smaller amount to sign with the Patriots because I love the coaching staff"

Look up Brandon Lloyd.

Agree,also they have the ability to make great draft trades. Example, they seem to be able to trade 3rd rd picks for current year and receive a 2nd rd. pick for next year. There always manuvering in the draft back & forth and get the best of all the other GM's,like everyone else is stupid & Belichick outsmarts them every time.

Lloyd isn't anything special. Would have been worried if they had signed Wallace though.

Yep, Lloyd's not good at all. Only has one of the best YPC in the entire NFL. Imagine what he'll do with Brady throwing to him.

Never mind what it'll do for Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker...

News from next day

Pretty wild scenario / accusation - one that should be easy to prove if the league wanted to investigate it.

Yep, Lloyd's not good at all. Only has one of the best YPC in the entire NFL. Imagine what he'll do with Brady throwing to him.

Never mind what it'll do for Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker...

When did I write that he wasn't good or wouldn't be productive in any kind of way? Read again, buddy.

I just don't see Lloyd as anything special - unlike Wallace, which is why I'm not bothered by the move. That's all. No reason to "defend" your new player ;)

How are the even remotely underrated? They are the best front office in football, this is news since when?

Can you quote the name of anyone in their Front Office other than the owner and coach? Not looking it up on the internet, quoting it from memory? They're underrated. And if underrated is not the best word, try unpublicized.

Agree,also they have the ability to make great draft trades. Example, they seem to be able to trade 3rd rd picks for current year and receive a 2nd rd. pick for next year. There always manuvering in the draft back & forth and get the best of all the other GM's,like everyone else is stupid & Belichick outsmarts them every time.

I think that that reflects patience and complete job security. He is always as concerned with the future as the present, and he makes those trades with knuckleheads who are so completely devoid of both patience and job security that they don't particularly care about next year. Why owners don't see this and tell their GMs NOOOOOOOOOOO is beyond me. Do they not recognize the cause and effect?

I think that that reflects patience and complete job security. He is always as concerned with the future as the present, and he makes those trades with knuckleheads who are so completely devoid of both patience and job security that they don't particularly care about next year. Why owners don't see this and tell their GMs NOOOOOOOOOOO is beyond me. Do they not recognize the cause and effect?

i don't know if there are too many former players that have been hit in the head too many times running these organizations or what. see ditka in new orleans

you'd think with all these billions of dollars floating around, more teams could find extremely smart guys to make these decisions. at least they could hire high price consultants

My concern with the Pats is if the league values parity, then New England really know how to buck those regulations. Two 1st and 2nd round draft picks?... Signing HoF caliber players for half their value?... Players with inflated trade values (Matt Cassel?)... Everything Bill Belichick touches turns to gold. Roger Goodell needs to stop the draft pick stocking. In two seasons, the Patriots may be up to four 1st round draft picks, at this rate. Let's face it, the Pats will trade down (again).

The wont even make the playoffs this year ;) book it!

What a brilliant post.

So please tell me, who's going to the playoffs from the AFC East?

The incompetent, old Jets?

The lacking-any-kind-of-good-QB Dolphins?

The locked-into-a-stupid-contract-with-Fitzpatrick Bills?

Haters gotta hate, but please, demonstrate some actual logic and explain why. The Patriots have only upgraded their offense so far this offseason.

What a brilliant post.

So please tell me, who's going to the playoffs from the AFC East?

The incompetent, old Jets?

The lacking-any-kind-of-good-QB Dolphins?

The locked-into-a-stupid-contract-with-Fitzpatrick Bills?

Haters gotta hate, but please, demonstrate some actual logic and explain why. The Patriots have only upgraded their offense so far this offseason.

I already posted their schedule this year ... they will be lucky to finish 10-6. No hating here - I'm just calling it like I see it.

I already posted their schedule this year ... they will be lucky to finish 10-6. No hating here - I'm just calling it like I see it.

I don't think their schedule is all that tough, considering NE is also a good team. Plus you tend to play up to good competition. What does hurt in a schedule is when and where...like if there is a lot of travel and short turn arounds.

Coach B is a proven winner. Coach B took the pats to the SB. Outside of Rob G and Welker they have JV high school players for wr. people want to play and work for a proven winner. IF I was an NFL UFA and i was a vet I would strongly look towards the Pats. Imagine if they had a real running back not two guys who should be on the practice squad.

First of all, 10-6 probably wins the AFC East.

Secondly, here's my opinion on the schedule:

Home games: 49ers- possible loss, but just as easily a possible win.

Bills= Win.

Cardinals= win

Colts= win

Dolphins= win

Jets= win

Texans= Tough win, but a win.

Broncos= win.

Away games:

Bills= win

Dolphins= win

Jaguars= win

Jets= win

Rams= win

Seahawks= win

Titans= win

Ravens= loss

At worst, 13-3, maybe 12-4.

Please show me otherwise.

First of all, 10-6 probably wins the AFC East.

Secondly, here's my opinion on the schedule:

Home games: 49ers- possible loss, but just as easily a possible win.

Bills= Win.

Cardinals= win

Colts= win

Dolphins= win

Jets= win

Texans= Tough win, but a win.

Broncos= win.

Away games:

Bills= win

Dolphins= win

Jaguars= win

Jets= win

Rams= win

Seahawks= win

Titans= win

Ravens= loss

At worst, 13-3, maybe 12-4.

Please show me otherwise.

Just a question: when was the last time the Patriots actually swept their division?

You have it scheduled there, but I don't think it will happen. They will have at least one division loss...

Just a question: when was the last time the Patriots actually swept their division?

You have it scheduled there, but I don't think it will happen. They will have at least one division loss...

Nevermind, I guess it was the year they went undefeated in the regular season...

But besides that year, how often does it happen?

Indeed as you corrected, it has happened before, but I dont see it happening this year... IMO they will lose at least 3 division games and at least 3 out of it. Its not going to be an easy 13-3 season.

Indeed as you corrected, it has happened before, but I dont see it happening this year... IMO they will lose at least 3 division games and at least 3 out of it. Its not going to be an easy 13-3 season.

I'm not necessarily saying they'll go 13-3, but I wouldnt go as far to say they will struggle to 10-6 either. They've gone 14-2 and 13-3 the last two seasons, and they've only gotten better. This schedule doesnt seem as difficult as you make it seem. Another asked when was the last time the Patriots actually swept their division....the more interesting question would have been whens the last time the Patriots lost 3 division games...

I've been hearing "the Patriots will fall off this year" for about six offseasons now. So I guess I'm just at the point where I'll believe it when I see it happen.

As for signing Llyod for "only" a few million a year... the player kind of hurt himself in this situation, saying weeks ago that he wants to play for Josh McDaniels. It's a little hard to play it coy after being so outwardly enamored of the prospect of signing with New England. But rest assured the Patriots would have walked away and gone in another direction if Lloyd held his ground on the money. They're extremely patient, they don't get over-obsessed with making specific moves, and when things don't work out, they pick up and move on.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened if the Patriots had ended up signing Reggie Wayne (he indicated they were his second choice after Indy), but to be honest at this point I'd rather have Lloyd than Wayne.